Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old    reefhunter            05-29-2003, 6:13 AM Reply   
Looking for a nice place to camp in W.V. Two couples and four kids under 7. We are meeting someone there to pick up a new air nautique (its half way) need good water
Old    indo            06-02-2003, 5:45 PM Reply   
what part of wv? sumersville has a nice lake
Old    reefhunter            06-02-2003, 5:50 PM Reply   
The closer to Ohio the better but wherever! Does it have camping and good water?
Old    indo            06-03-2003, 1:57 AM Reply   
yeah the lake is really nice. the water is super clear and they have a campground where u can pull your boat up. Call 1800 call wva and they can hook u up with all the info on the lakes and campgrounds in wv. wv gets a bad rap but it is by far one of the most beautiful states in the nation.
Old    gotpwr            06-03-2003, 7:42 PM Reply   
When I was little my family lived in Canton, OH and we used to go to Sutton Lake in WV and tent camp right on the water for a week every summer. This was over 20 years ago so I have no idea what the lake or camping is like today. I just remember skiing on two with my sister for what seemed like hours.
Old    indo            06-04-2003, 8:07 AM Reply   
if u are coming from ohio u might be closer to a lake in va. i now live at smith mountain and it would probably be just as close as some of wv lake. its right outside of roanoke va. hope that helps
Old    reefhunter            06-05-2003, 8:55 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info!
Old    indo            06-05-2003, 8:43 PM Reply   
yep
Old    damnation            06-06-2003, 5:29 AM Reply   
indo wrote :

"if u are coming from ohio u might be closer to a lake in va. i now live at smith mountain and it would probably be just as close as some of wv lake. its right outside of roanoke va. hope that helps"

Good advice! Smith Mountain lake is sick! It is probably one of the most beautiful and scenic lakes I've ever been to. Great for camping! Plus, if you go tomorrow you will be there for the Mid-Atlantic wakeboard tournament!
Old    indo            06-06-2003, 3:02 PM Reply   
are u coming down dave? i will hopefully be their i have to work tonight until 3 or 4 am so it will be a long day tommrow.
Old    damnation            06-07-2003, 7:14 AM Reply   
Nope, little brother is getting hitched this weekend. As best man I don't think it would be a good idea to skip out. Hope it doesn't rain on you guys!
Old    indo            06-07-2003, 5:20 PM Reply   
it was rained out! i hope the reschedule it though
Old    damnation            06-08-2003, 12:16 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear that. Yeah, we got a TON of rain in Richmond. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to be rescheduled though. I don't think there is enough time to put it all together before the next tournament, and by that time it will likely be forgotten.
Old    reefhunter            06-10-2003, 7:17 PM Reply   
We ended up getting a cottage right by summersvillle lake, which was a good thing since it rained quite a bit. But we had great water all weekend and a nice day on sunday. Thanks for all the advice. I would like to come check out smith mountain lake soon, also. What is it like compared to Summersville, and How do I get info. Thanks again
Old    gotpwr            06-11-2003, 2:29 PM Reply   
Where's the pic of your new boat?
Old    indo            06-11-2003, 7:31 PM Reply   
did u buy your boat off of mike from n.c.? Their is a ton of info on the net about smith mountain lake if u search under google. its a larger lake than summersvile and has alot more restruants, bars, etc. on it. If u look on a map it is right outside of roanoke va. if u head down this way drop me an email and we will ride.