Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-05-2007, 1:14 PM Reply   
I am going to be out in havasu next Sat-Mon and have never boarded out there. Any tips on good places to launch or ride would be appreciated. I am staying in north Havasu but had heard it might be better riding down south toward the dam/buoys. Thanks for any help!!
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-09-2007, 9:38 AM Reply   
Anyone know of some decent riding spots at Havasu? Thanks!
Old     (oaf)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-09-2007, 10:09 AM Reply   
Tracy-
Where are you staying? We boat out of Park Moabi near Topock. If you go North just past Park Moabi and head towards Needles you will get great water all day if there is no wind during the weekdays. On the weekends the water is good until 10-11 am when the big boats start heading to Havi and the Sandbar. Remember you can't ski or tube in the Topock Gourge. I don't normally go down to Havi during this time of the year so I don't know much about the lower area past the island.
Old     (iridelow1998)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-09-2007, 10:51 AM Reply   
Just got back from Park Moabi yesterday, kind of windy for the last 5 days but not too bad. When in Havasu we launch at Crazyhorse. Never been too far south past Crazyhorse but to the north is some decent water as long as you get out before the chop which is usually about 10-11 like Coach said. North of Crazyhorse is cool, north of the sandbar gives you a little riding area since they made the gorge a no wake zone and north of Moabi is good riding as well.
Old     (jolly)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-09-2007, 11:04 AM Reply   
IF YOU ARE AT THE LAKE JUST HEAD AS FAR SOUTH TOWARDS THE DAM AS YOU CAN, ANYWHERE NEAR THE ISLAND OR MOUTH OF THE GORGE IS GONNA BE CHOPPY, IF YOU ARE ABLE TO HIT PARKER EARLY OR ON THE WEEKDAYS THAT IS COOL TOO. LAUNCH AS FAR SOUTH ON THE LAKE AS POSSIBLE, NEAT HAVASU SPRINGS OR BLACK MEADOWS.
Old     (jolly)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-09-2007, 11:06 AM Reply   
****NEAR HAVASU SPRINGS....***
Old     (desertcajun)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-09-2007, 2:23 PM Reply   
you can find some good water in the morning. Most tourists drink it up all night so they drag in the am. If you get out at sun up you will get a good session. Just go as far south as you can till you hit the dead end of no wake markers. First thing in the morning this is usually calm. Be safe, have fun. I am down with a torn MCL from 2 weekends ago so I am about ready to burn down the house........