Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-13-2005, 9:41 PM Reply   
I found a killer deal on some on e-bay. 60 bones can't go wrong. So I picked them up plus I fixed them. I used some locks off another set of bindings for the strings.

(Message edited by twakess on December 13, 2005)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-13-2005, 9:59 PM Reply   
Those are killer if you like your board to stay on no matter what!
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-13-2005, 10:03 PM Reply   
I had some CD AS01's. Comfortable as all get out, the cloth inside, but like JRod said, you stay in, no matter what.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-13-2005, 10:22 PM Reply   
Misty thats the ones I got. I tried them on and looks like no break in period. Yes I do like to stay in I hate falling out of bindings.
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-13-2005, 11:25 PM Reply   
Right on. I liked them, except I have a med foot, and they were XL, but with the pump, and the ties, they fit fairly well. You just couldnt see my toes coming out the front. ;) I really liked them in the winter. They were really easy to get in and out of, even dry. Word of advise, when you put them up on the racks, roll the laces around your fingers to wad them up, then tuck them inside, otherwise they fly all over, and fling water into the boat onto unsuspecting people. Oh, and if yours are like mine, they would flatten out around the ankle and hooks when I wouldnt ride for awhile. I would take a beer bottle and put it in the binding and lace them up around it. It helped shape the tonge when I didnt use it, and make them easier to lace when you put them on.

Congrats. $60 is a good deal. I had '03s, and i think i sold them for $75 a few months ago.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-14-2005, 12:32 AM Reply   
Misty, I fixed the laces so they are like all lace up bindings. I put the sliding locks on them. I guess they are not like yours mine dosn't have the pump.
Old    penny4urthots            12-14-2005, 2:34 AM Reply   
I have ridden CD/ Concrete bindings for about 8+ years off and on. No matter what else I try out, I keep coming back to them. To me they are perfect. I have a few pair now and I don't plan on riding anything else in the next few years but them. I have been overly satisfied to say the least.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-14-2005, 12:18 PM Reply   
I've worn it soo hard because of those bindings. They will not release, period..... I pulled my threaded insert out of a board on a hard back edge digger. They would actually bruise the top of my feet from pulling soo hard.

Dope looking, nice footbeds, sooo comfortable, but you'll never catch me riding another set. I like to be locked in tight, but not that tight.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-14-2005, 12:35 PM Reply   
Ev, do you still have them?
Old    dancor            12-14-2005, 12:51 PM Reply   
Squid,This is Dan from the Shasta trip.I got a line on a brand new set of med.With the pump for like 100. I found them in the back of my buddys shop.Brand new never ridden.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-14-2005, 1:10 PM Reply   
Nope, I sold them with one of my Premier slider boards for like $80..... gone, done, never to be seen again.
Old     (bladerunner)      Join Date: Jul 2004       12-14-2005, 1:23 PM Reply   
what happened to cd? I always wanted to try the VS01's but I couldn't find them anywhere. They looked so sick
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-14-2005, 1:29 PM Reply   
I also tried them out and after an injury to my ankle from them not releasing I sold them and don't know if I would ever ride them again.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-14-2005, 2:05 PM Reply   
Evan, how tight did you have them? I used to ride with Josh smith and Rich F both had them and they seemed to come out ok.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-14-2005, 2:07 PM Reply   
Dan,let me see if I like these then I will hit you up for them.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-14-2005, 2:14 PM Reply   
I didn't ride them that tight, but maybe my feet are fat and they just wouldn't come out. Josh and Mike Schewene both told me that it wouldn't be a problem coming out of them. I also had the ones with the cloth underlays (instead of EVA), so maybe that had something to do with it. In the end I tried riding them soo loose I could step in and out of them without un-lacing. There was just something about the design, even with them really loose I never came out.
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-14-2005, 2:22 PM Reply   
Oh, but other then not coming out they didn't put your feet to sleep did they?
Old     (dr_inc)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-14-2005, 2:33 PM Reply   
hell ya cd-as01 are the shizz!!! killer foward lean and soft and nice!!

love mine.. have 4 pairs so i dont have to hunt for them
Old     (derekcook)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-14-2005, 2:36 PM Reply   
ya i still ride them. im rockin the WS01's most flexible bindings since gumby
Old     (bankssa)      Join Date: Mar 2003       12-14-2005, 4:51 PM Reply   
I love the fit but they don't come off on bad falls..... I've took some nasty face plants wtih them... I use them only for sliding now...
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-14-2005, 6:45 PM Reply   
I've got Evan's old bindings, I have never come out of them, but I have only ridden them a few times (even though they are comfortable), they're currently on an old board that we break out every now and then. I still ride the Premier but with different bindings, he gave me a killer deal, thanks Evan.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-15-2005, 10:55 AM Reply   
Right one Stephen. I'm glad you like them. I always thought they were super comfy and sick loocking, but they freaked me out after a couple really hard falls. I ended up using them only on a slider board.

That Premier is still holding together huh? That thing has some serious hours on it. I have so many great memories on that board. Still one of my favorite shapes to date.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       12-16-2005, 11:59 AM Reply   
The Premier is still in one piece, I ride an Absolute the rest of the time and they are really similar boards, from time to time I really enjoy riding the Premier though.