Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-01-2004, 2:55 PM Reply   
Well...I'm joining the masses at Micron and I'm moving to Boise in a couple weeks. So I just wanted to say what's up to the Boise locals (I grew up by Twin Falls) and get a little info.

First.... Is the lower launch at Lucky Peak (I think it's called Turner Gultch??) open now or is driving across the damn still off limits w/ the 9/11 stuff?

Does LP get blown out much in the afternoons? I may have a schedule that will allow me to be off in the early afternoons so I'd pull right up from Micron as long as I can find some other boarders to come along.

How's the road up to Arrow Rock? I think someone told me once that is was dirt for quite a ways....

Who's the best Pro Shop in town? I'll have a 1990 Sport Nautique in tow...but I don't discriminate!

Any tips to enlighten the newbie in town? Places to avoid, local get togethers, etc?

What would say the season is up there? With and without a dry suit?

Any good storage places for my boat in case I need one for a little while?

Well, any info is appreciated and I hope I'll be seeing you locals on the lake this summer! I'd love to get plugged in with a good group of riders...so drop me a line.

Levi Cress
Old     (easyrider)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-01-2004, 6:03 PM Reply   
Levi, i am moving to Boise in about two weeks and brought the same basic question up earlier, check it out.. http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65919/92966.html?1074475224

It sounds like lucky peak is the place to ride, and having the new house !9!count them, !9! minutes from the ramp,i think thats where we will be going.

I am looking forward to riding new water and seeing new boats and faces on the water, RIDE ON!
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-02-2004, 10:09 AM Reply   
Thanks Ryan..... It looks like we should arrive around the same time...you'll probably beat me by a week.

Yeah...I saw that posting and tried to post to it..but it was already archived. It had some great info in it for sure!

We'll have to hit the lake this summer for sure. We'll you be in that yellow X start that's in your profile? Funny enough, but I found out that the the husband of the lady at Micron that is helping me w/ my move is the Manager of the Mastercraft dealership in the Boise area. I just hope my paperwork doesn't get "lost" when I told her I have a Nautique!
Old    du540            03-02-2004, 10:16 AM Reply   
Hey Ryan,

I've been negotiating with the guys at Nice Bindings in Boise to sponsor our films from last year. They are done with their last budget so no cash for us, but.....they've invited us to come over and film this coming summer when they have their team riders come to Boise. Guys like Ricky G., Gerry Nunn, Robb Struharik, Collin Wright and Keith Lyman. We'll have to hook up with you when we get it all set up, should be a fun weekend.

Ron Mart
NumbSkull Productions
www.numbskullpro.com
Old    draino            03-03-2004, 8:37 AM Reply   
I'm pretty sure Keith doen't ride nice anymore.
Old     (easyrider)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-03-2004, 6:55 PM Reply   
Levi: Awesome pic in your profile. Yes that is the boat i will be with, it is my buddy's who i am moving with. Im stoked!

REM: That would be awesome, as soon as i am in Boise I will be interested in anything and everything boarding. I saw some of your videos from your web site and they are sick. Its fun to see them on the water you ride yourself. If there is any way i can help out or be a part of any filming or ANYTHING, i will be there jumping with my hand up, my e-mail is hlrhino@hotmail.com ill look forward to keeping in touch.
Old    du540            03-03-2004, 8:39 PM Reply   
Duane: Are you serious?? That would really suck if Keith isn't with Nice anymore. He's the guy I was most looking forward to hooking up with. Just love the way he rides. HUGE into the flats and mucho style. Exactly what I love to shoot.

Ryan:

Thanks for the complements on the vids. You can look for our featured production for this year to be released (I hope) in late April.

I've got your email and as soon as we firm up all the details, I'll drop ya a note to let ya know what's goin' down.
Old    draino            03-03-2004, 9:43 PM Reply   
keith is hooked up with Jobe. that happened a while ago.
Old     (easyrider)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-04-2004, 9:33 AM Reply   
anyone know the current water temp at lucky peak? when can you start riding? (semi-comfortably)
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-04-2004, 10:43 AM Reply   
Ryan,

I know that a lot of the lake was still under ice as of 2 weeks ago...so I'm assuming it'll be a while.

9 min. to the launch ramp huh. Will you living at one of the communities right below Micron? I think that may be were I look for a house??

I'll keep my eyes open for that yellow X....I wish I had a buddy like that! :-)
Old     (easyrider)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-04-2004, 7:12 PM Reply   
ICE? damn, im going there tomorrow after work for a few days to check things out, ill be sure to look at lake!
Old     (easyrider)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-11-2004, 8:33 PM Reply   
Most of lake is still frozen, thats not a good sign! Looking forward to it thought, looks like there is always butter somewhere on it.
Old     (sw1)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-12-2004, 12:50 PM Reply   
hey guys --
I just went yesterday to Black Canyon ( over by Emmett) the water was COLD but was glass- Us and one fisherman was all that was out there!

Felt good to get on the water again-(except for tight bindings)
Old     (djmason720)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-12-2004, 3:09 PM Reply   
Everyone - I too am moving to Boise in a few more short weeks, and am also going to be working at Micron. Great to see that there are people in the area boarding! I have no boat, but always show up with gas money and suds for a good day on the water. Hope we can all get together and ride frequently.
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-12-2004, 3:24 PM Reply   
Sounds great Shawn!! I'll definitely have to check Black Canyon out. We'll have to hook up so I can give my drysuit a little more water time.

Derek - Awesome! We'll for sure have to hit the lake...it is about a 10 minute drive from Micron to Lucky Peak!! Just look for the GMC w/ the yellow/black '90 Sport Nautique in the parking lot!

My stuff should be in route as I type as the movers just finished loading up my stuff a hour or 2 ago and I'm driving w/ my boat up on Monday! To bad I'm leaving 80 degree temps here in Nor*Cal, but I'm excited for the summer in potato land.....yipeeeee
Old     (sw1)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-12-2004, 3:44 PM Reply   
Levi--drysuit?? I was in a shorty...although my wife thought I was crazy! 80 deg. temps that would be hard to leave right now!

Derek-I only have a four winns, but it is still fun and I am always looking for someone to ride with look me up when you get here!

Hope you guys have safe travels.

Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-12-2004, 4:24 PM Reply   
Shorty? You're an animal! Remember....it's going to take me at least a season to get back my thick Idaho skin! :-) I think I'll keep the drysuit! :-)
Old     (easyrider)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-12-2004, 9:44 PM Reply   
What is Micron? I saw it there off the 21 and it seemed like a huge operation, im assuming something with computers....
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-14-2004, 4:17 PM Reply   
Ryan - Yeah, Micron is the Head Quarters for a really big computer chip company. The main product is RAM (Random Access Memory).
Old     (djmason720)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-14-2004, 5:48 PM Reply   
So glad that everyone is so enthusiastic about getting together and riding this summer. I know that I can't wait to strap in again. Now I just have to finish writing my masters thesis so I can get the heck out of school.

Levi & Shawn - I'd definitely love to ride with both of you guys. Doesn't matter the kind of boat as long as it floats in my opinion. Good times will be had by all.
Old     (easyrider)      Join Date: Oct 2003       03-14-2004, 8:08 PM Reply   
water at Lucky Peak is 36 degrees at Turner Gultch, i think once it hits 40 i cant wait any more..... Moving there this Sat, i will be eager!
Old     (sw1)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-15-2004, 7:02 AM Reply   
Levi, I would keep the drysuit too, the only way I can be considered a animal is with my whale-like blubber!

Derek-get to writing(by the way it floats as long as I remember the plug)