Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Snowboarding

Old     (Pannellboy004)      Join Date: Apr 2013       01-13-2014, 2:26 PM Reply   
I'm looking for a all mountain snowboard that will get the job done and is affordable.. Give me some of y'all's opinions!
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-13-2014, 5:48 PM Reply   
What is your top dollar? Twin or directional tip?
Old     (Pannellboy004)      Join Date: Apr 2013       01-13-2014, 9:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezul View Post
What is your top dollar? Twin or directional tip?

Twin tip and prolly $250 or so with just the board because I want to spend only $500 dollars on a total setup.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-28-2014, 9:39 AM Reply   
I've been riding a Never Summer SL 158.

It's stiff enough to have a solid edge on the big mountain and for groomers, and has enough flex to have fun in the park. Stance is pretty centered. It's not good in the powder unfortunately. I bought a Jones Flagship for that.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-03-2014, 9:45 AM Reply   
Alex,

I picked up the Ride Machete and I love it. It seems to fit the bill for you....that is if your haven't bought something yet. It is going for $257 at the-house.com. The added discount will show when you add it to your cart. If you have any questions about it, feel free to ask.

http://www.the-house.com/9849rdmac13...nowboards.html
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-04-2014, 10:50 AM Reply   
the GNU Carbon Credit is a great all mountain board. I picked up one of Craigslist for pretty cheap.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       02-04-2014, 8:49 PM Reply   
Ride concept last years model. Stiff and fast! **** the park!
Old     (0klahoma_Breakdown)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-05-2014, 2:46 PM Reply   
So, the price on this one is pretty much double your budget but check out the Arbor Coda. I have ridden once or twice a season for the last ten years. Over last 3 yrs I have not been able to progress at all. Not really surprising considering the frequency of my visits but I also think it had to do with the boards I was riding. I would always rent a demo board (usually Burton) and have a good time. I prefer to haul a** pretty much all the time while also hitting up modest features at the terrain park. This year, I demoed the coda at Taos and liked it so much I purchased. Crazy fast with a super grippy edge. It has this new angle on the front and back (I am obviously no expert) that i swear kept me from catching an edge several times...especially in the afternoon when I was worn out. Seriously...this thing was a game changer for my abilities.
Old     (Bagar55)      Join Date: Aug 2013 Location: Mineral, Va       03-06-2014, 11:12 AM Reply   
Second the Never Summer SL 158. Try one I guarantee you will love it. Will handle anything the mountain throws your way unless deep pow.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-06-2014, 5:08 PM Reply   
for 250 bones... not gonna find the "best" all mountain board, sorry mang!

But its this.... Lib Tech T.Rice pro model with C2... not cheap, but you will love it. I have two older models and they are rad. One with Magnetraction (MTX) from before rocker was a thing and one with Rocker (banana) and magnetraction BTX (banana traction).

These dudes started the rocker revolution. Dont dog MTX till you ride it.

They also make the attack banana and some other ones. But they have been doing Rice's pro model for a long time, Ive always liked em.
Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       03-12-2014, 12:02 PM Reply   
+1 for the Never Summer SL. But you're not going to find one for under $400. For your budget, try to find a Gnu Carbon Credit.