Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (surfer_ryan223)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-11-2006, 3:04 PM Reply   
What is the easiest board in yalls opinion to stay with the wake. I am looking for a board for like when family and relatives come out on the boat it would be nice if they could get in on the fun. Not line ride but to surf it w/ out the rope.
Old    surfdad            04-12-2006, 6:04 AM Reply   
Ok, I'll throw my opinion out there. :-) It's hard to meet this criteria. If little Johnny weighs 90 pounds and Grandpa Rick is pushing 300. A single board to fit that bill is going to be hard to find.

Personally, I like the larger surfstyle boards. I feel they are the most stable and easiest to learn on. I haven't ridden the new Trick Boardz Mojo, but is was designed to be a cruiser.

The Inland Blue can handle folks from 140 to 270 and it will fit in a standard board rack. There are offerings from Surftech, Shred Stixx, Shoreline, Awakesurf, XBC (did I forget anyone? :-) ) in the @ 5'8" range that will allow virtually any adult and all but the smallest kids to get up and free surf. These boards require a special rack, or to be put away, however once on the boat.

The Hyperlite Landlock at 5'11" isn't bad for this situation either.

To be honest, at this size and rider ability, most of those boards ride the same and offer about the same level of "ease" in learning. IMO there isn't a clear hands down "best board" in this category. It will probably come down to some other factor, such as availability, price or convenience out on the boat.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-12-2006, 9:07 AM Reply   
If everyone knows how to wakeboard they should be able to get up fairly easy, especially if you have a tower for the rope, oh and get a good wakesurf rope, see the other thread.

We first tried an old “Thruster”, only the lightest of my crew could free ride that thing. Eventually I bought a Broadcast 5.6 which everyone on my crew was able to learn on. I’ve got a Trick Boardz Mojo coming in any day now – I’ve got FedEx email. Should be taking the first ride of the season next week or the week after, I’ll let you know how it goes.

Jeff has way more board experience and should be a good reference.

Jeff, I’m heading out the door to discuss the permit app with the city in about two minutes, I’ll let you know how it goes.
Old    surfdad            04-12-2006, 10:03 AM Reply   
Ed, I have total faith in your abilities to get the city on the right track. We'll be able to announce that Ohio contest in very short order.

I do so appreciate all of your efforts in this regard.