Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old    cougar4            10-03-2008, 1:26 PM Reply   
Due to some warranty issues with my 07 CT Watson's i'm looking at getting either the Murray's or the Cell's. The Watson's were a little soft for me and i'm looking for a stiff boot with good ankle support. Any opinions on either of these would be great, or if there's something better you'd recommend by all means. Thanks.
Old     (johnm_ttu)      Join Date: Jul 2005       10-03-2008, 2:04 PM Reply   
Cells(which I Ride)

The cells are really comfortable and have a great feel, but once they are broken in they offer no more support than any other pro boot. I think the Ronix boots are the best fitting boots with no pressure points.

Murrays

These boots have a much higher wrap than the cells and are initially waaay stiff. It felt like I would be more likely to break my leg than break my ankle in these. Again once they are broken they are pretty flexible. However, the Murrays do have the option to put the plastic supporter, but I have not met anyone that uses the inserts
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-03-2008, 2:08 PM Reply   
The Murrays are great boots except for one thing...the footbed is slippery as heck. My foot was getting slammed into the front of the boot and all over the place when I rode these for the first time. I tried the next time with socks and they were awesome. I guess it's up to you if you want to wear socks with your bindings every time.
Old     (blaketheho)      Join Date: May 2007       10-03-2008, 2:36 PM Reply   
You mentioned that once before, Eubanks. Are you sure that you have the white spacer *under* the footbed? If you look in your boot and see white, take out both the footbed and the spacer then put the spacer back in, then the footbed.

The spacer is pretty hard and slippery, but the footbed seems normal.
Old     (salsajs3030)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-03-2008, 2:56 PM Reply   
I have the one's, which are supposed to be less stiff than the cell's (but I couldn't tell the difference in stiffness...I LOVE my bindings, the best bindings I've ever owned. They are still really stiff (its almost like slipping on a cast, which is good for me because I've broken my ankles multiple times), and they haven't broken down too much and I've put plenty of hours on them.
I would go Cell's if stiffer is better in your book...
Good luck.