Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-27-2008, 9:37 AM Reply   
Just read that it is not possible but certain that gas will be $4 this Summer. I would have to think this might be real with the fact that it went up 20 cents per gallon within a weeks time. So lets hear your opinion's. It's ok to complain here. If we get enough people...maybe we can send these to our representatives. This is ridiculous. Drill in Anwar NOW!
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       02-27-2008, 9:39 AM Reply   
Yes it would because lake gas would about $5 or $120 a fill up.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-27-2008, 9:41 AM Reply   
$4 a gallon? I was paying close to $5 at Shasta last year...
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-27-2008, 9:42 AM Reply   
I'll prob. ride the same just no more cruising or any nonsense with the boat, I got a moped so anywhere I have to drive I get 100 mpg... thats is amzingly helpful
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-27-2008, 9:44 AM Reply   
I'll ride, maybe a little bit of cruising, but as long as gas prices on land stay below 3.60 where I live it shouldn't be a problem. If they break that though, I'll be driving the boat strictly for riding.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-27-2008, 9:48 AM Reply   
we strictly ride behind the boat and we're ab a dock start away from fast water so i dont think it's gonna stop anyone in my crew from riding...

it'll be interesting to see what all the ppl in Discovery Bay do once gas prices start to creep to $4 & $5. In some places of Disco that could mean a $20-$30 put just to get to fast water...crazy
Old     (dansmith)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-27-2008, 9:52 AM Reply   
No. I'll just stop going to Starbucks and dropping $4 for a cup of coffee...
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-27-2008, 10:01 AM Reply   
$4 a gallon * 30 gallon tank = $120 for the day on the boat for ~6 people.

lift tickets are at a ski resort are ~$70-$80 a day, so still way cheaper then snowboarding.

I do feel for yall with the x-45's tho.
Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       02-27-2008, 10:01 AM Reply   
I think its stupid!!! gas is that high but like the sucker i am im going to pay it.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-27-2008, 10:02 AM Reply   
That's something you should probably just go ahead and do right now. *wink wink*

This summer gas prices will really kill me because after talking with my dad, if I ride every day I've got to front 90 percent of the money for gas, so blegh. Shouldn't be a problem if it stays under 4. Over 4, I might cry... And then jump off a cliff... Into water of course. =D
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-27-2008, 10:08 AM Reply   
So glad I have a smaller engine in the nautique, more "fuel efficient"...though that's only relative to the 300 - 400hp engines
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       02-27-2008, 10:33 AM Reply   
I dont own a boat anymore, but I do pitch in gas money frequently. I am thinking that the people I ride with will now fill up less ballast, and probably wake skate a bit more this year. I dont require knee high and larger wakes to have a good time on the water.
Old     (mxflyer281)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-27-2008, 10:41 AM Reply   
Nah shouldnt stop us from riding though thats going to suck i got a pretty good crew that helps with gas so
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-27-2008, 10:45 AM Reply   
Nothing will keep me off the water! I agree just less cruising around, guess we will use the pontoon for that!

I heard that Epic is working on an Electric boat anybody else heard this?
Old     (bird_dog0347)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-27-2008, 10:49 AM Reply   
Maybe this year I will ride mostly without ballast... I could use the "technique training" anyways.

But no, likely won't stop me near as much as having a newborn.
Old    murrayair            02-27-2008, 10:57 AM Reply   
I'll just spend less on non-essentials in other parts of my life, like eating out and going to the movies. I'll give up just about everything before I give up wakeboarding.
Old     (shredhead)      Join Date: Jun 2003       02-27-2008, 10:59 AM Reply   
No, but I would be sailing a lot more.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-27-2008, 11:12 AM Reply   
I am not sure how I will react. Five years ago I couldn't fathom $2/gal but when it was $3/gal last year I kept paying and suspect I would if it hits $4. Not sure at what price it will meaningfully affect my it consumption and hope I never have to find out.

Gas prices are def. affecting what kind of cars I drive though.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-27-2008, 11:17 AM Reply   
It hasn't yet. I don't anticipate it doing so either.

It may make me ask for gas money more often than usual.
Old     (02ssv)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-27-2008, 11:30 AM Reply   
Maybe at $4 a gallon we will have less idiots doing power turns in our lake.
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-27-2008, 11:30 AM Reply   
Ryan - nice profile pic!
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       02-27-2008, 11:30 AM Reply   
No but it will make me much more stingy about making my crew and others that enjoy the boat chip in more regularly.

At 3.50 this becomes a huge issue for me, if it isn't already.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-27-2008, 11:52 AM Reply   
No, but it might get me back to a single engine boat. If it hits 4 bucks a gallon, it will be around 5 on the water. I have a 120 gallon tank so it will be around 600 a fill up. All I know is the marina guys will sure be nice to us.
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-27-2008, 12:00 PM Reply   
thanks
Old     (supratweaked)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-27-2008, 12:16 PM Reply   
Nope, but I work for a refinery and they have been giving me gas for years!
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-27-2008, 12:16 PM Reply   
$4 a gallon gas I will sell and buy a row boat. That is over 160 to fill boat up, and 80 to fill truck up. That is ridiculus.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-27-2008, 12:20 PM Reply   
1983 2001 nautique, $5/set at $3/gallon.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-27-2008, 12:36 PM Reply   
i like how people complain about gas prices ,which i totally understand but there are so many people with boats out there that are way over blinged.

i see so many post on here about bigger amps,bigger speakers,billet board raks,swing racks ,rope winders,dual batteries ,bigger alternators,1200 dollar wraps for their boats and so forth and so on..

thats funny now gas prices are too high after you spend all this money on a boat and then bling it to the hilt and complain about gas prices..im sure a lot of you can part out your boats and continue to have gas money for years to come :-)

keeping on topic ,no it wont keep me of the water but ill travel less to find better water and stay closer to home and have crews who will all chip in for gas and also those guys wont be taking power sets and wasteful runs..it will be get out on the water all ride a few sets ..i wont let someone go out and throw 12 tantrums,6 crows,and so on repeating tricks they can land too many times in the same set ,its warm up throw what you know and try a few new tricks and let the next guy go.

go home before the wallys get out..ill be way more particular on making runs count and getting on good water even if its at 5-6am until 11 am mornings to beat crowds..

plus like has been said about i wont eat out or buy liquor at bars ,go to a liquor store and get 100 times the liquor for what you can get out.no new equipment for a while etc etc..

the government will realize that the high gas prices is only making oil companies rich but making consumers stop purchasing new goods ,truckers stop hauling things ,planes grounded ,and basically bringing down the economy like dominos..

they will have to be forced to put caps on gas prices and force the oil compnaies to only profit 10 billion in 2009 intead of 20 billion..poor oil companies !

wow im so mad im still rambling sorry...

rant over..
Old     (trickyboarder08)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-27-2008, 12:42 PM Reply   
yea, it won't keep my 1983 Ski Nautique off the lake. But I won't refuse gas money offers any more.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-27-2008, 1:19 PM Reply   
Buy stock in an oil company, or get a job with them if they're making too much.
$4/gal is cheap when you compare it to bottled water or dansmith's coffee.
Oops sorry, that's not the popular point of view. You can go back to your beliefs if you have to.
I've been paying over that for a couple of years.
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       02-27-2008, 1:22 PM Reply   
it wont keep my x-2 off the lake, but it does suck the boat being 45 gallons and the truck being 45 gallons!
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-27-2008, 1:24 PM Reply   
I have already cut out going out for dinner and that savings is so big for me that I won't have to stay off the water maybe only ride 3 days instead of 4 though and pull the slider with the PWC.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-27-2008, 1:46 PM Reply   
art coffee and bottled water are not used to run the world but fuel is and its prices directly effect the economy..

it has a tricle down effect and can single handidly kill our economy if it gets out of control..

sorry but coffee and bottled water shouldnt even be in the same argument..
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-27-2008, 1:50 PM Reply   
45 mpg in my civic helps cancel it out. Still riding.
We will need a revolution soon. This escalating gas price to stop!!
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-27-2008, 2:03 PM Reply   
It won't stop me. I'll take the bus to work to lower my gas expense before I stay off the lake. Hopefully, it will keep others off the lake, or even better, maybe it will keep people off the Cali freeways so I don't have to sit in gridlock driving to the lake.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-27-2008, 2:35 PM Reply   
Uhhh, water bottles, guess what they're made out of... It is the same argument.

Still, never gonna stop. $5, $6, $10! It's still worth it.

Fuel prices have gone up by about 80% here (and probably many other places) in the last 4 or 5 years, it took over 10 years for the prices to double in the past. This Oil is running out argument is working it's ass off for jacking the price. Getting to be pretty much the same as the oil crisis in the 80s (I think, I wasn't actually old enough to remember, if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me ) when everyone and their dog quit building v8s and went to "Eco" 4 bangers.

What is more crazy is our dollar goes up vs the US dollar, oil prices drop, and we still pay another 5 cents more per litre at the pump. That seems like a rip off to me.

(Message edited by jtnz on February 27, 2008)
Old     (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-27-2008, 3:15 PM Reply   
chaulk one more up to global warming.

only going to get worse when hilobama get in office.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-27-2008, 3:44 PM Reply   
ill keep riding and paying for gas with the boat loaded down with 4000 pounds. i love the sport too much to not ride. ill just have to work harder and make more money to be able to pay for the bills
Old     (tanner)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-27-2008, 4:14 PM Reply   
$1 more per gallon equals about $36 for a whole tank. Now it's a different story for those of you who ride every day. But the majority of us only get to go on the weekends, that's only an additional $150/month (I'm only counting a half a tank a day) for 4 or 5 months. If your budget is really cutting it that close that you can't afford that, then you prob. have no business owning a luxury item like a boat. No one ever said boating was cheap.

Otherwise, just charge your friends a bit more if they want to join you.

Personally I charge my friends enough to help cover boat gas and a bit of gas for the truck... as you gotta get the boat there somehow.
Old     (echo_parker)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-27-2008, 4:16 PM Reply   
It's part of boating....unforseen costs
Old     (eagar)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-27-2008, 5:56 PM Reply   
Time to start collecting a few bills from everyone that mooches a pull off you and never forks over a dime. F*
Old     (kevin_middleton)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-27-2008, 6:59 PM Reply   
Bill, you sir, are a genius. I think I remember your name from the Carter administration.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-27-2008, 8:17 PM Reply   
Gas was already over $4 on the water in Cali last summer so no
Old     (neffro)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-27-2008, 8:24 PM Reply   
I hope Gas goes up to $8 a gallon This way less people on the lakes and less gas spent on chop and more spent on Glass
Old     (johnm_ttu)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-27-2008, 8:36 PM Reply   
Considering a few viewpoints.

Wally: Jetskis are now $40 to fill up instead of $30 and even more annoying considering what we are paying for our sets.

Weekend warrior: $4 a gallon gas has no effect per Tanner Russell's argument.

Hardcore Rider: Diesel, diesel, diesel, diesel diesel. Don't ask why do a search. There is currently no company with a decent diesel offering. Mastercraft you say? A joke! The option for the VW diesel is $25,000. What kind of markup is that? 100 percent? 200 percent? I believe that upgrading to a 380hp hammerhead in a malibu is only $12,000.

Give me my diesel X-1!!!!

-end of rant
Old     (joshturner)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-27-2008, 8:59 PM Reply   
its seems i have to be the first canadian to help you all to feel a little better. in the summer prices at the pump, not the lake which is ussally like $0.30/L more, is $1.20/L not gallon, LITRE. $1.20 times 3.8 is $4.56 a gallon at the pump or 5.70 on the water.

just saying it aint so bad.
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-28-2008, 5:18 AM Reply   
There is no certainty when it comes to forecasting gasoline prices. There are too many parties involved for that. People always complain that the sky is falling when prices are on the way up. Eventually either supply will increase or demand will drop and prices will head back down for a while. In the meantime, I guess we can all wallow in the sheer panic.

I do like drilling where we can. Opponents of domestic drilling usually look at it in terms of how little we could accomplish with the oil we drill (like arguments that ANWR oil could only run our country for X days), but the far more important factor is how adding just a little bit more supply will drop the worldwide price of oil considerably.

We're still backing ourselves into a hole though. Right now, a large portion of the world's resources are going towards a very small percentage of the world population. As that world population becomes more industrialized (and industrialized parts of the world go through post-industrialization) we're likely to see the price of energy skyrocket no matter what we do.

If the national average gas price hits $4/gallon (which I'm very skeptical of at this point), I'll still be going out there. Makes me kind of glad I didn't get an inboard this winter like I was thinking of doing originally. I'll get to fuel up that V6 I/O that gets me one and a half days of boarding on a 20 gallon tank. That's a lot better than my old 2-cycle outboard that would blow through a 20 gallon tank in half a day (which is approximately what I'm assuming will happen on the inboards I've been looking at).
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-28-2008, 6:09 AM Reply   
well im not sure diesel is the answer for some strange reason a less refined fuekl like diesel is 50 cents more a gallon then unleaded regualr!!!!

i have a big f250 with the 7.3 liter diesel and its at $3.45 and up a gallon here in texas where as unleaded is 2.97,thats rediculous..can you oil guys tell me why a not so refined dirty fuel is so much more then unleaded?

i do not get much better gas mileage during city/hwy mix then the avg regular gas engine almost a wash with a similar weight and size vehicle but i do have an advantage on towing which only goes up 1 mpg towuing my boat then not but that doesnt help alot unless im pulling my boat a lot..

help!!

Kevin thanks
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-28-2008, 6:47 AM Reply   
Moped!
I did a search on Craigslist and found several in the $500 range. Considering the fuel savings of day to day errands and my five minute drive to work, it'll pay for itself in a hurry. I'm past the age of worrying whats cool so what the hell! Fortunately, the Sanger is pretty efficient in it's current set up.
Bill - you make riding sound like bootcamp.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-28-2008, 7:08 AM Reply   
Are mopeds street legal? I have one that maxes at about 23mph. My summer job is going to be about 3 miles from my house. 6 miles X 60 = 120 miles or about 1.2 gallons of gas.
Old     (rbalan)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-28-2008, 7:11 AM Reply   
Bill,

I'm with you on the higher price of diesel. Maybe it costs more, well alot more, to make ULSD compared to "dirty" diesel. I fueled up my 6.0 yesterday for $3.69/gal and the pump automatically shut off at $75.00. Barely filled the tank 3/4.

Until Florida allows drilling off their coasts, they won't see any of my family's vacation dollars. Hillobama is going to give the environazis more power, so expect something else fuel related to get more expensive next year. I guess we'll just have to get used to it.
Old     (rbalan)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-28-2008, 7:14 AM Reply   
Oh yeah, I just hope we have water to put our boat into. Bring on the rain!
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-28-2008, 8:22 AM Reply   
$5/ gallon is basically free compared to what we'll be paying over the next decade. I can't believe it's only in the $3s now.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       02-28-2008, 8:47 AM Reply   
Diesel prices are STRICTLY a result of supply/demand. People got smart and started buying diesels for their efficiency. The demand for diesel went up accordingly. The wife and I switched to diesel vehicles in 2004 when diesel was cheaper than gas.

In early 2001 we saw gas around .87c/gallon. After 9/11 and watching fuel prices escalate, the wife and I decided to see what we could do to personally reduce our need for fuel.

I get 50+mpg in be TDI beetle and I took up kiteboarding about 5 years ago. I have a feeling that the more gas goes up the more people will choose to ride behind a kite running on a free natural resource rather than an fuel guzzling boat.

Its gonna be sunny 70+deg and windy on Sunday....so stoked!
Old     (watersnake)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-28-2008, 9:00 AM Reply   
At what point in time do ya start asking/hopeing your boatbuddies/"BOATBUNS" to pay a little more for the days on the water. I'm used to people putting a $20 in the glove box (with no pressure from me)after the day ends.I'm not reliant on others $$ for gas, but it always helps.
Old     (kylek306)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-28-2008, 9:35 AM Reply   
it won't stop us, but it will def hurt!
Old     (bmartin)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-28-2008, 9:44 AM Reply   
"Hillobama is going to give the environazis more power, so expect something else fuel related to get more expensive next year. I guess we'll just have to get used to it."

And Gas and Oil prices have been very favorable under the Bush administration.
Old     (wsfkusel)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-28-2008, 10:41 AM Reply   
We pay 8$ a gallon here in Germany and it doesn´t keep us off the water!!!!!
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-28-2008, 11:13 AM Reply   
I told my brother to start working out so he can get the kayak up to wakeboarding speed this summer...
Old     (rbalan)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-28-2008, 11:23 AM Reply   
Very true Atthelake, I just would not expect prices to get any better. BTW, I am not exactly excited about McCain either.
Old     (rmcronin)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-28-2008, 1:30 PM Reply   
I'll be skating more, hate to say. Avoiding freeloaders like the plague.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-28-2008, 5:15 PM Reply   
fatsac more like training camp :-)hey with gas prices rising we cant be wasting time on the water repeating tricks for an hour..with a little motivation you can get alot of quality riding in in 20 mins or less..
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-28-2008, 5:59 PM Reply   
CAD = 1.02 USD

Price per litre = $1.059 (in Edmonton Alberta)

3.8 L/USG

= 4.02 CAD/USG

= ~$4.10 USD/USG

Just like last summer when it was just as high, I'll still be riding.

(Message edited by EternalShadow on February 28, 2008)
Old     (newbieboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-28-2008, 6:05 PM Reply   
I wont care if its $10 a gallon. I will be there. It will never get better. So if you cant beat them join them. Right?!?!?
Old     (wake_passion)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-28-2008, 6:37 PM Reply   
Can't we all just agree that the gas thing absolutely sucks and is totally goin to wreck our economy! But more and likely we will all work more in the summer just to have fun cause after all thats why we work right! So lets let the oil companies continue to be as greedy as they want because I think alot of us know that when there life is over they will be held accountable for what they did and last time I checked hell is a really hot place with no water to board on
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       02-29-2008, 7:49 PM Reply   
Maybe we ought to put a little less weight in the boat and it would burn less gas! Then work on your technique to get more air!!!!
Old     (slfxm)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-29-2008, 8:06 PM Reply   
I'll still ride but I'm thinking of putting my boat in a slip. It's not the boat that sucks the gas -- it's the truck. We ride 2-3 times a week and it's about 35 miles each way and we only get about 8-10 mpg.

We'll still ride -- we'll just have to find it in the budget somewhere.

We need hybrid/electric boats -- all that battery weight would make a great wake!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-01-2008, 5:32 AM Reply   
I'll still put about the same hours on the boat this year (100) and try to find the best water. It's all about summer fun with family and friends. (I work more in the winter to save money for summer)
More use of the BBQ at home, less eating at restaurants.
Diesel in a boat, well if you get twice the fuel economy say 4 gals/hour rather than 8 gals/hour it will save you a whopping $10/hour after you figure diesel cost $.50 more/gal. Oh don't forget the added initial cost of a diesel engine plus more costly maintenance (oil changes $$$)

So glad I sold my twin engine Formula years ago, she burned 30 gals/hour!
Old     (spoonman)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-01-2008, 8:04 AM Reply   
marine diesel=no ulsd also no road tax ,lsd off road diesel currently @ $2.69/gal
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-03-2008, 9:03 AM Reply   
I'm DONE. Not getting the boat out this year at all. Wife is going to school...so cost going back and forth while not working her job anymore. Plus I have noticed a big surge lately in prices of groceries and such because of the cost of fuel. Insurance rates are climbing because of the STUPID hybrids having H.A.S.M.A.T costs added to the scene of accidents. AAA is predicting gas on average over 4 bucks a gallon...that means 6 at the marina's. Gas is over 1.20 compared to last year. So sorry for the pesimistic monday mood. But it does not look good at all. It will be cheaper for most to just share the rides and the cost of fuel with our buds. But for me...gonna leave the anti-freeze in this Summer. Bummer!
Old     (hart_keene)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-03-2008, 10:52 AM Reply   
Just remember how much the rest of the world pays for gas...and has been for years

I would say we were "lucky" up to this point.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-03-2008, 11:17 AM Reply   
No. I guess the kids can start skipping the milk. Water with cereal can't be that bad.

I'll be right there with the Germans. $8, 10 whatever it takes.
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-03-2008, 11:31 AM Reply   
To date, there are about half a million hybrid vehicles sold... period. I have a hard time buying that Hasmat costs could possibly have a noticeable impact on insurance rates. If your insurer is trying to tell you that with a straight face, I would seek another insurer.

But yeah, if fuel prices continue to rise shipping prices will increase and that means the cost of just about everything will increase. The short term downside is obvious but there is a silver lining: inflation. In general, we've borrowed ourselves into the hole. Without some sort of inflation, we're going to stay in that hole. The short term ramifications of inflation are pretty bad but inflation plus a lack of subprime lenders will more or less force us back into shape.

Personally, I'd look forward to the lack of people on the lake this year, but don't thin it will happen. Fuel prices have a nasty habit of actually going down on occasion.
Old     (kal_dude)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-03-2008, 7:24 PM Reply   
gas prices will not keep me off the water!! i may spend a little while longer floating around on the water now though, waiting for that last set before no wake time!

kal
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-03-2008, 9:14 PM Reply   
You can fill up your gas guzzling guzzler of your choice for only a few dollars in Venezuela. It's cheap, real cheap but then you'd have to deal with loco Chavez and a filthy Lago de Maracaibo. But a cold Malta Polar could make it all better. que mojella primo.
Old     (spjc)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-03-2008, 9:34 PM Reply   
I cant really complain about $4 buck a gallon when i pay 70 bucks for one lift ticket to snowboard
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-04-2008, 5:16 AM Reply   
I think we are at a great time, a turning point even. Now people might actually wake up and start paying attention to politics.

Plus I look at this crisis in a positive way;

1) You can get great deals on homes and vehicles right now
2) Gas prices are up people will stop driving around so much wasting fuel, thus not polluting the air and less traffic on land and water. Global warming is cured.
3) Grocery prices are higher due to rise in fuel cost, thus enabling people to by a lot of food. This will solve our obesity problem in America.
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-04-2008, 5:25 AM Reply   
dante...check with all insurers...the cost is going up. Firefighters are having to have all new training on these new cars. if they use the jaws of a hybrid...it could kill them. There are less rare earth metals in the world than fossil fuel. Rare earths make batteries. Rare earth is not recyclable. Time to educate on the whole impact on the green idea. Hybrids are worst for the environment than a Hummer H3...hmmm! Hydrogen is the way to go. And Honda does have an auto this year for sale.. The hydrogen unit sits on your garage wall and plugs into electricity. But the car is 68,000 dollars and smaller than a civic. when is the breaking point for gasoline. and why are people live Chavez in control. Drill Anwar damn it. It has more fuel than Saudi. Anwar is tmeporary until alternative fuels can be stronger. These new fuel standards WILL bankrupt American automakers. And will put a huge pinch on Asian automakers as well. Toyota stock is dropping daily. All this is no good. Right now is suppose to be the cheapest prices for fuel..(between winter and spring mixture) it's not happening. I think it is going to get real ugly very soon. I know I work in the Automotive business...and the forecast is very grim...I do business with all manufactuers..froeign and domestic. Get a smart car or a prius...God help you if you tangle with a semi or delivery truck. The 80's econo boxes went away because of fatality in auto accidents...looks like we are headed that way AGAIN!
Old     (msey00)      Join Date: May 2007       03-04-2008, 8:39 AM Reply   
I guess everyone else will just have to switch to an 18 ft. 4 banger like me.

24 galons = two full days of riding.
Old     (stanley_swe)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-06-2008, 6:52 AM Reply   
In Sweden the gas in 14Skr/litre (6.20Skr = $1).
So I pay $8.50 / gallon.

Yepp it sucks but what can you do