Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-09-2016, 1:03 AM Reply   
Ralph and Wes, are you guys having some private contest or bet to see who can say the most ridiculous thing? Let's call it a tie. You BOTH win and you both get a trophy so your self esteem can remain intact.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-09-2016, 1:06 AM Reply   
Hope so too, Robert.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-09-2016, 1:42 AM Reply   
While the votes were coming in, I was switching from one channel to another. MSNBC has got to be the worst of the worst. The "news" people were still spreading the lies that have been spewed for a year now. They kept on and on about how Trump is going to kick out everybody who isn't a white christian. Unbelievable.

I did find it funny when they kept whining about how this happened. They were saying that Clinton did everything right. Saying how she won every debate by a large margin. Really? I must have watched 3 different debates. What a cast of idiots. I laughed out loud until I just couldn't watch anymore.


The sky isn't falling, entire populations won't be removed or forgotten. Get a grip...

There is reason to celebrate......The worst President in the history of these United States, is leaving office!!!!!

yeee haaaw
Old     (ifishok)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-09-2016, 2:16 AM Reply   
https://youtu.be/oz7_JP7ROvA


Wow, this is from the year 2000.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-09-2016, 5:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Yep trump is a likely win and markets are crashing all over the world.
Stocks might be falling all over the world, but Not in the U.S., stocks which were down 800 pts last night GAINED 450 pts by this morning after an apparent Trump win!
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-09-2016, 6:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
While the votes were coming in, I was switching from one channel to another. MSNBC has got to be the worst of the worst. The "news" people were still spreading the lies that have been spewed for a year now. They kept on and on about how Trump is going to kick out everybody who isn't a white christian. Unbelievable.

I did find it funny when they kept whining about how this happened. They were saying that Clinton did everything right. Saying how she won every debate by a large margin. Really? I must have watched 3 different debates. What a cast of idiots. I laughed out loud until I just couldn't watch anymore.


The sky isn't falling, entire populations won't be removed or forgotten. Get a grip...

There is reason to celebrate......The worst President in the history of these United States, is leaving office!!!!!

yeee haaaw
The best one was Van on CNN, who basically called this "Whitelash" and that every white person was racist against Blacks, Muslims, Mexicans because Hilary lost. The guy was about to cry because he had to explain to his kids that a conservative is in office which is crazy if you ask me. The fact that CNN, MSNBC always showed trump with less electoral votes than Fox was comical and the media bias was live and well.

What a great day to be an American. Trump won and all they liberal posters who literally had no idea what they were talking about can crawl in their hole.

For once, I truly have faith in the American people and the right Candidate prevailed. Last night was the start of Making America Great Again!!!!!
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-09-2016, 6:17 AM Reply   
Ralph, pesos, plhorn, and the rest of you Hilary supporters

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-09-2016, 6:47 AM Reply   
I haven't watched the news in years. The most hilarious thing for me was watching MSNBC ,CNN and Fox . You could obviously see each ones bias. The most interesting aspect of each network was how the forcasters couldn't explain their earlier predictions for a slam dunk for Hillary. Imagine human experts can error?
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       11-09-2016, 6:51 AM Reply   
Glad it is over. I thought both were unfit for the office, but for different reasons. Hopefully.. most of Trump talk was just rhetoric.

He did have a big win though.. he beat the crooked media, obnoxious Hollywood types, and a corrupt hag.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-09-2016, 6:59 AM Reply   
let's be clear here... he didn't just win. He's got senate and house under republican control too. Whatever Rs want Rs are gonna get. Dems back in the spoiler seat in the Senate, only able to use the power of the filibuster as a check. For America's sake I really do hope he does a good job.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       11-09-2016, 7:27 AM Reply   
A lot of people were wrong on a greater number of things this past year. Those of you who were right, you were really ****ing right!

Grant - The last thought I had before the Xanax kicked in last night was that you could be a prophet! When did you call this? Not sure what you do for a living but you could probably use this as a resume and in for a C-level job at with any forecaster or pollster.

I for one was wrong on a lot of issues the in the past 45 pages. Probably the most wrong on the forecast and polls. But going forward, I just hope I'm wrong on President Trumps capabilities as Commander and Chief. Make America Great Again.
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       11-09-2016, 7:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Cant wait for vanilla to come blame the tanking markets on Obama LoL
Haha! I get to blame everything that's crappy for at least the next four years on Obama.
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       11-09-2016, 7:38 AM Reply   
I can't believe it. Both Houses and the Whitehouse. Wow! It shows America was sick of all the Democrats bull****... I know I am.

Now how many of you said you were moving to Ralph's house or Canada or quitting WW? LMAO
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-09-2016, 7:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemwa View Post
A lot of people were wrong on a greater number of things this past year. Those of you who were right, you were really ****ing right!

Grant - The last thought I had before the Xanax kicked in last night was that you could be a prophet! When did you call this? Not sure what you do for a living but you could probably use this as a resume and in for a C-level job at with any forecaster or pollster.

I for one was wrong on a lot of issues the in the past 45 pages. Probably the most wrong on the forecast and polls. But going forward, I just hope I'm wrong on President Trumps capabilities as Commander and Chief. Make America Great Again.
I'm glad to see you handle this with pure class. Thank You.

I think everyone will be very surprised with Trump as he will surround himself with good people and Pence will be in his ear. I'm hoping for some good to come out of this.

In the future, I truly hope that people will stop believing the liberal media bias, as they ran a good propaganda against Trump and yet he prevailed. Says a lot about the people in the USA right now.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-09-2016, 7:57 AM Reply   
I decided to just pull the bandage off quickly, so went to bed and clicked on the browser to see who won this morning. Interesting that Hillary got 130K more votes than Trump and lost electoral vote. This should be an entertaining four years.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-09-2016, 8:02 AM Reply   
Wow! He did it. It's for real. Both houses to boot. The best part is he doesn't have to answer to a bunch of special interest people that got him there.

Just brace yourselves for a crap ton of protests for this thing or that over the next four years.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-09-2016, 9:05 AM Reply   
I hope Trump can build a bridge and bring our county together. We are in many ways devided and that's not what the US is all about. The ellection as well as this very thread had us all at each other's throats. I apologize for all the bad spelling and grammar as well as some of my post's it's clear that many of the people that we may be at odds with here politically we have common interests with in other threads example the "Westworld" thread. I hope as Americans we can make our government accountable no matter if they have a (R) or a (D) in front or behind the name. I hope we can kill or end this thread on a positive note and I hope Trump supporters can
reach across the isle and find common ground.

Last edited by grant_west; 11-09-2016 at 9:07 AM.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-09-2016, 9:17 AM Reply   
Ding dong....
Attached Images
 
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-09-2016, 9:34 AM Reply   
The first thing I thought of was my students. We have a president-elect that doesn't believe in the scientific method or verifying sources.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-09-2016, 9:44 AM Reply   
I can see the media is NOT happy with the people's choice. I see they keep re-running Trumps various speaches where he is blasting Hillary.
Old     (BurnMac42)      Join Date: May 2015       11-09-2016, 10:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla View Post
Haha! I get to blame everything that's crappy for at least the next four years on Obama.
Lol that's the first thing I said....no matter who was elected yesterday this was my plan of action

Did anyone happen to watch Rachel Maddow last night? Progressively throughout the night she just started to lose it....most entertainment I've ever seen on MSNBC....
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-09-2016, 10:37 AM Reply   
^^^^
I did scroll over there a couple times.....when Chris Mathews is trying to be the calming voice of reason how weird has the world become? She was on the edge of a meltdown, throwing out every inflammatory soundbite she could remember.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-09-2016, 10:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
I can see the media is NOT happy with the people's choice. I see they keep re-running Trumps various speaches where he is blasting Hillary.
No surprise there. Why would they be after working so hard to get her elected?
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-09-2016, 11:34 AM Reply   
Maybe now the Democrats and the rest of the Liberal Left will finally wake up to the fact that hopping around the stage & hugging & kissing the likes of Jayzee, Beyonce, Springsteen , Lady Ga Ga etc,etc.... will not endear them to people who struggle month to month just to pay their rent. These "celebrities" are so far removed from working people they might as well be on the moon. Like Brexit this is another kick in the teeth to these self absorbed, self serving egotists. Kick a dog enough times and he will eventually bit you. Well the elitist establishments in Britain & America have been severely bitten. Long live democracy.
Old     (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       11-09-2016, 12:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xistential View Post
Maybe now the Democrats and the rest of the Liberal Left will finally wake up to the fact that hopping around the stage & hugging & kissing the likes of Jayzee, Beyonce, Springsteen , Lady Ga Ga etc,etc.... will not endear them to people who struggle month to month just to pay their rent. These "celebrities" are so far removed from working people they might as well be on the moon. Like Brexit this is another kick in the teeth to these self absorbed, self serving egotists. Kick a dog enough times and he will eventually bit you. Well the elitist establishments in Britain & America have been severely bitten. Long live democracy.
...And yet we elected a "so called billionaire" who hasn't payed federal taxes for years, and his incentive to change the tax structure for the working stiff is.... got it, thanks
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-09-2016, 12:42 PM Reply   
Yeah, I don't disagree with your sentiment, but Trump is just as easily, if not more so removed from the working man.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-09-2016, 1:54 PM Reply   
I'm still bewildered to be honest. Oh well, one thing is sure, the American people kicked the establishment in the balls and that is a good thing. It will be super interesting to see if some of the more extreme stuff he campaigned on actually gets done, Building the wall, withdrawing from free trade etc. I wonder what will happen if he slaps tarrifs on stuff not built in the US, short term it will hurt as I-phones and stuff all go up in the price but long term it may be a good thing as local manufacturing catches up. Who knows, my confidence to predict things has been taken down a few notches, ha ha.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       11-09-2016, 3:51 PM Reply   
Some facts I found interesting from the day:

-Only 49% of eligible voters actually voted. Still TBD if that is registered or just eligible
-Clintons only support came from urban areas/densely populated areas. Making this an election about rural vs urban.

I'm going into this with an open mind, and maybe this goes without saying. But with a Top to bottom Republican controlled federal govt, it's time to put up, or shut up. No matter which way things go before the midterms, maybe longer, there will be only one party to credit/blame.
Old     (BurnMac42)      Join Date: May 2015       11-09-2016, 4:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemwa View Post
But with a Top to bottom Republican controlled federal govt, it's time to put up, or shut up. No matter which way things go before the midterms, maybe longer, there will be only one party to credit/blame.
So I am I allowed to blame Obama for his first two years being unproductive?

Democrats held the WH, Senate, and Congress during that time....

Just wondering cause I distinctly remember that being blamed on Bush...so following that logic I can still blame Obama if the next two years they don't "put up or shut up".......

Or are we moving goal posts like usual?

Last edited by BurnMac42; 11-09-2016 at 4:50 PM. Reason: .
Old     (VanillaGorilla)      Join Date: Nov 2015       11-09-2016, 5:36 PM Reply   
Haha!! What a great day! America has finally stood up to "above the law" bull**** liberal elitist!!!

LMAO, still waiting on those that said they would move out of country or quit WW if Trump won!
Old    deltahoosier            11-09-2016, 7:14 PM Reply   
The election cycles have been rural vs urban for some time now. I think it is turning more and more where the mid sized urban areas in the rust belt are turning Republican. Trump struck a good nationalist tone that has always worked well with the working class and he is pretty much socially neutral.

Hearing some of the pundits speak on other pundits, they were commenting how many people they knew at NBC for example did not know any Trump supporters or anyone who made under $60,000 a year. They pretty much stayed in Manhattan or in Washington DC area. They are so out of touch.

I have said it over and over again that the democrat party is no longer about the little people like they used to be. They went radical and have went all in on religion bashing, environmentalism and wealth sharing out of the country. None of that plays well with rural voters. If the republicans can solve the bad press on the illegal immigration and the special rights vs equal rights issues, they will own all the minorities in short order.

Perfect example. When California held the amendment for gay marriage. It was a vote of the population. It did not pass. Why? Because all the minorities are religious people. Though they like the idea of special rights and keeping the border porous, they do not want to vote against their religious beliefs. The democrats bash anyone who is religious now. Soon minorities are going to have to choose which poison to swallow.

Then you have NAFTA, KYOTO and Pan Pacific Trade. That is bad for the union person. Does not play well in democrat strongholds of the midwest.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-09-2016, 11:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanfield View Post
Yeah, I don't disagree with your sentiment, but Trump is just as easily, if not more so removed from the working man.
Of course he is,I know that, they all are, they only make promises to get elected. But as they are reporting throughout Europe, the West is fed up to the back teeth with the aloof, filthy rich, elitist political establishment. They do not know how to hit back so this is what happens........ Voting with anger & frustration to give these people a bloody nose and upset the status quo.
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       11-10-2016, 6:41 AM Reply   
"Hearing some of the pundits speak on other pundits, they were commenting how many people they knew at NBC for example did not know any Trump supporters or anyone who made under $60,000 a year. They pretty much stayed in Manhattan or in Washington DC area. They are so out of touch. "

Using this logic then is someone form rural Georgia who has never been to a city bigger than Savannah and does not know anyone whom makes more than $60,000 a year and does not know any Hillary supporters out of touch.

I am just curious why we are always out of touch with a worker in a dying town where the factory or industry left 20 years ago. Maybe it is time to move on as the world has. That seems more out of touch to me.

Hoping that a no skill labor job that does not even exist anymore thanks to technology is going to somehow return seems very out of touch to me.

Just some thoughts.

I have enjoyed this thread and listening to all points of view when they have been articulated. When it has reduced to name calling, mud slinging etc it is very disheartening. I hope our country can come together and continue to be great. We are Americans first and foremost.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-10-2016, 6:49 AM Reply   
I don't get into politics at all but this was a pretty big deal.

Either way it was pretty bad that these where the best two the country could come up with. One that is as corrupt as they come, with a family that continually get's investigated. Or a straight up dick, that talk's down to people.

I picked the lesser of two evils and picked Trump. The only reason I picked him is I believe he will put the right people in the right place to get stuff done. That is what he did as a successful business man so now it time to put up or shut up.

And for the people that are just devastated I wonder how many of them didn't even get out and vote.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-10-2016, 7:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
I hope we can kill or end this thread on a positive note and I hope Trump supporters can
reach across the isle and find common ground.
The people Love Trump!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxdgPF2eLUo
I wonder how many of these protesters voted?
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       11-10-2016, 8:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnMac42 View Post
So I am I allowed to blame Obama for his first two years being unproductive?

Democrats held the WH, Senate, and Congress during that time....

Just wondering cause I distinctly remember that being blamed on Bush...so following that logic I can still blame Obama if the next two years they don't "put up or shut up".......

Or are we moving goal posts like usual?
'WRONG', Your unproductive argument is baseless. Additionally, no one has blamed Obamacare on Bush, or given credit of the economic recovery that followed the recession that was caused by the Bush Administrations lack of regulation.

As for Productivity:
What about the Economic Recovery Act of 2008 that helped reduce the unemployment rate?
Or what about the Credit Card Act of 2009?
Or what about American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009?

What exactly do you "distinctly remember" being blamed on Bush?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-10-2016, 8:35 AM Reply   
Last night in Oakland and a few other places across the US Anti-Trump protesters did their thing. I say did their thing because some were peacefull but in Oakland they got violent and property was destroyed. This is my prediction. Hopefully people will let off some steam and then either fall into line or get gone. I to was upset when my horse lost in the last 2 elections I didn't resort to protest in the streets or vandalism but what ever. Fact! this country had a Great Devide before this ellection we talk about trade deals and border issues Russia and china but in my opinion everyone getting on the same page was our biggest issue. I hope this country can come together as Americans and we tone down the anger. I think when you have a good paying job and money in your pocket you have less to complain and protest about.
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       11-10-2016, 8:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonblarc7 View Post
I don't get into politics at all but this was a pretty big deal.

I picked the lesser of two evils and picked Trump.

And for the people that are just devastated I wonder how many of them didn't even get out and vote.
I dont vote for evil, so I voted Johnson. Being in California, I knew where my vote went anyways, so it was an easy decision. If I were in a swing state, my decision my have been different.

Speaking of turnout, only about 50% of legible voters voted. Meaning more than 75% of the country did not vote for Trump or Clinton.
Old     (ATB0713)      Join Date: Oct 2013       11-10-2016, 9:03 AM Reply   
if anything this is great for wakeboarding. Free enterprise finally gets a chance to put its foot on the gas instead of slamming on the breaks!!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-10-2016, 10:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Last night in Oakland and a few other places across the US Anti-Trump protesters did their thing. I say did their thing because some were peacefull but in Oakland they got violent and property was destroyed. This is my prediction. Hopefully people will let off some steam and then either fall into line or get gone. I to was upset when my horse lost in the last 2 elections I didn't resort to protest in the streets or vandalism but what ever. Fact! this country had a Great Devide before this ellection we talk about trade deals and border issues Russia and china but in my opinion everyone getting on the same page was our biggest issue. I hope this country can come together as Americans and we tone down the anger. I think when you have a good paying job and money in your pocket you have less to complain and protest about.
Yeah I read about a protester in Oakland getting hit by a car while trying to block highway 24. One of the posts in the comment section read "gentlemen, start your engines." The truth is you don't want to stop when that crap is going on or you risk becoming another Reginald Denny.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-10-2016, 10:53 AM Reply   
Why do people not complain before the elections?? Because before the elections, their guys gonna walk it,then when he doesn't they take to the streets in fury. The Me Generation will not be denied.So in essence they are protesting democracy. What exactly would they like to see happen, keep going back to the polls until they get the result they want??

By the way....Now that the vaguely abstract concept has become reality, I presume all those celebs, rock & film stars who furiously threatened to leave should Trump win, are now making the necessary arrangements??
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-10-2016, 12:43 PM Reply   
Just turned on the TV and saw these lovely images. Again this is in Oakland, hopefully the rest of the nation is taking the transition of power a bit better. All these protesters looked like or were high school kids that skipped school to show they were un happy.
Attached Images
 
Old    deltahoosier            11-10-2016, 12:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteflashwatersports1 View Post
"Hearing some of the pundits speak on other pundits, they were commenting how many people they knew at NBC for example did not know any Trump supporters or anyone who made under $60,000 a year. They pretty much stayed in Manhattan or in Washington DC area. They are so out of touch. "

Using this logic then is someone form rural Georgia who has never been to a city bigger than Savannah and does not know anyone whom makes more than $60,000 a year and does not know any Hillary supporters out of touch.

I am just curious why we are always out of touch with a worker in a dying town where the factory or industry left 20 years ago. Maybe it is time to move on as the world has. That seems more out of touch to me.

Hoping that a no skill labor job that does not even exist anymore thanks to technology is going to somehow return seems very out of touch to me.

Just some thoughts.

I have enjoyed this thread and listening to all points of view when they have been articulated. When it has reduced to name calling, mud slinging etc it is very disheartening. I hope our country can come together and continue to be great. We are Americans first and foremost.
Your comments are exactly why I believe the democrat party is the party of elitists. May as well said that democrats have more education than Republicans while you are at it. People being talked down to has been working so well for the liberal elite.

Truth be told, many farmers and so on make good amount of money. Many of those rural Georgia voters were the backbone of the democrat party and yes the know Hilary supporters.

You give way too much credit for "high tech" jobs being beyond the rural American. I don't think you have been in a "high tech" fabrication company before. When I worked in photo lithography machine manufacturing, all the low end assembly of the "high tech" equipment was performed by people right off the boat that could not speak a lick of English. They usually had a lead or two that could speak English and just did what the procedures said to do. These machines at this company were over $5 million a pop and took over 3 months to build and that was a few years ago.

The basic point is, all your basic skill sets transfer between various industries. Biggest are show up, don't be a distraction, don't be a loose cannon, show an interest in learning, and do as you are asked. Your skills, knowledge and ability are generally transferable. Torque is torque for a bolt, clean has a different level of clean but still is cleaning (parts), prints are prints, soldering is soldering, running wires is running wires.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-10-2016, 12:43 PM Reply   
Lovely
Attached Images
 
Old    deltahoosier            11-10-2016, 12:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Just turned on the TV and saw these lovely images. Again this is in Oakland, hopefully the rest of the nation is taking the transition of power a bit better. All these protesters looked like or were high school kids that skipped school to show they were un happy.
Yep. Liberal elites and violent racists are the democrat base now. Look at the faces of what Grant posted. This is the mentality in liberal areas and it is getting worse.

All the regular people in the middle voted for Trump.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-10-2016, 12:57 PM Reply   
#1 Trump doesn't take office until Jan 20th. Trump has not made a single policy change that has effected any of these people but you would not know it from the reaction of these people. You would think that Hitler had just been ellected and the Sky is falling. Anyone see the video of Miley crying about the ellection, seems super fake and sheds crocodile tears to attract attention for "likes" and "shares" I think it sums up the knee jeark reaction of these protesters looks at me get the news down here to cover my rage

https://youtu.be/PjZoljZcVcw
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-10-2016, 1:09 PM Reply   
Break windows and trash private businesses, its sad that they let this happen.
Attached Images
 
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-10-2016, 1:11 PM Reply   
Middle school cafeteria chant this morning:

Attached Images
    
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-10-2016, 1:15 PM Reply   
They were reporting that Local shop owners were posting these sighns on the store fronts as a way of trying to stop protesters from breaking the windows of the business, kind of reminds me of when peacefull Germans were forced to join the Nazi party. Sort of get on the crazy train or get run over. Very sad I hope this type of unrest settles down. Also the burning of American flags?? What's that all about?
Attached Images
 
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       11-10-2016, 1:27 PM Reply   
I would like a serious, sober minded person who voted for Trump to please tell me why they feel good about his victory.

I don't want to hear that Hillary Clinton is the devil or Barack Obama is a terrorist. This is a serious question and I would like a serious answer, please. Adult responses only, please.

Soon, the Republican Party will control every chamber of our government. For eight years they have been in lockstep opposition, and they are very good at it. But now they have to actually govern. Republicans own the next two years. Aside from criticize liberals, what are they going to actually DO?

The party of small government is now run by a man with a deep admiration for authoritarians. How does that work? I'm honestly asking. I love this country, I am deeply disturbed by the results of this election, but millions of people aren't. So I'm missing something.

Is there anyone out there who can seriously clue me in on at least what it is I can soberly disagree with?

Lastly, will the GOP confront the fact its leader is beloved by hate groups and does very little to distance himself from that?

I am trying to at least see the perspective from the other side of the Great Divide that is our country.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-10-2016, 2:14 PM Reply   
School choice, federally funded abortions, Frank Dodd Act (goes away), and he has a good team of economic advisors are a few of the reasons I voted for Trump. Surprisingly, people still believe school prayer is important and should be allowed, having the national anthem played at sporting events is important, having only government mandated options for health insurance is unfair. Plus, if you take the time to read this, his proposal for economic growth may actually work. http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/06/kudlo...candidate.html Also, there's this thing called the 10th amendment. https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitu...enth_amendment
Old     (ifishok)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-10-2016, 2:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
I would like a serious, sober minded person who voted for Trump to please tell me why they feel good about his victory.

I don't want to hear that Hillary Clinton is the devil or Barack Obama is a terrorist. This is a serious question and I would like a serious answer, please. Adult responses only, please.

Soon, the Republican Party will control every chamber of our government. For eight years they have been in lockstep opposition, and they are very good at it. But now they have to actually govern. Republicans own the next two years. Aside from criticize liberals, what are they going to actually DO?

The party of small government is now run by a man with a deep admiration for authoritarians. How does that work? I'm honestly asking. I love this country, I am deeply disturbed by the results of this election, but millions of people aren't. So I'm missing something.

Is there anyone out there who can seriously clue me in on at least what it is I can soberly disagree with?

Lastly, will the GOP confront the fact its leader is beloved by hate groups and does very little to distance himself from that?

I am trying to at least see the perspective from the other side of the Great Divide that is our country.


Trump loves America too, not the donors to a foundation or campaign.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-10-2016, 2:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
I would like a serious, sober minded person who voted for Trump to please tell me why they feel good about his victory.
Not able to vote I did not vote, if I could have voted it would not have been to the Don but:
The system is corrupt and broken, setup to protect those in power and subjugating everyone else to service, we need someone who is not owned by the power brokers to liberate the common man. Donald trump is that wreaking ball.

I personally don't believe that but I you can mount an argument for it.

As far as the violence and anger displayed after the victory by both sides, humans have an evolutionary need to clump together and form clans to increase the chance of survival, the greater the fear of danger the greater the "them and us" attitude becomes and the more likely to be vile to each other. Labeling someone with a Lib or conservative label to anyone you disagree with and demonizing them is a classic example of this.

IMO this is an outdated genetic response destructive to modern society. When you feel that driver rising inside you use your reason to see if it is an appropriate response or not.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-10-2016, 2:39 PM Reply   
The hate groups endorse both sides. It just depends on what media outlet you read.
Old    deltahoosier            11-10-2016, 2:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
I would like a serious, sober minded person who voted for Trump to please tell me why they feel good about his victory.

I don't want to hear that Hillary Clinton is the devil or Barack Obama is a terrorist. This is a serious question and I would like a serious answer, please. Adult responses only, please.

Soon, the Republican Party will control every chamber of our government. For eight years they have been in lockstep opposition, and they are very good at it. But now they have to actually govern. Republicans own the next two years. Aside from criticize liberals, what are they going to actually DO?

The party of small government is now run by a man with a deep admiration for authoritarians. How does that work? I'm honestly asking. I love this country, I am deeply disturbed by the results of this election, but millions of people aren't. So I'm missing something.

Is there anyone out there who can seriously clue me in on at least what it is I can soberly disagree with?

Lastly, will the GOP confront the fact its leader is beloved by hate groups and does very little to distance himself from that?

I am trying to at least see the perspective from the other side of the Great Divide that is our country.
- The inaction of America regarding ISIS is troubling. Not sure exactly he will do there. Most likely give Russia the lead.

- The Iran nuclear deal is very alarming considering we basically signed off on giving Iran a nuke in which case they said out loud they will use it against Israel. I think Trump will roll that back.

- Trump said he will increase gun rights.

- I don't think he touches the horrid abortion industry but hopefully bring some common sense to it.

- I don't think he cares about social issues which I am fine with.

- I want him to put a firm hand on groups like black lives matter that have been going around doing acts of terrorism.

- Trump outright rejected the KKK. Funny how the left sees the KKK as a hate group (rightfully so) but can not see the black panthers, BLM, and many of these other leftist groups as hate groups. Also, because someone supports you does not mean, you want it. There are only two people in the show. Someone usually gets support from someone.

- Trump will not sign off on these idiotic share the wealth treaties like Kyoto, NAFTA, and TPP.

- I think he will cut down on these unelected agencies that pass regulation simply to say they are doing something. Those agencies are aligned with the party goal of making it more expensive to do business in American so the natural flow of money is international

- I believe he will get those trillions of dollars that are off shore back in America.

- I believe he will make a stable business friendly tax code

- equally important, he will not talk down to regular Americans like they are peasants

- I believe he will talk straight with minorities and will help them understand they way and I believe he will help them find the way

- He will tackle obamacare. I don't think people will like the answer as it is most likely going to cost everyone more money. Only way to cut down cost is to not use it. Only way to do that is make more come out of your pocket at time of service.

I am sure I can think of others.
Old    deltahoosier            11-10-2016, 2:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Middle school cafeteria chant this morning:

You know leftist do a lot of those false flag posts and things. Until I get witnesses, I would not believe them. As far as the bloody kid. I am sure it was because he was gay and not the fact he was running his mouth.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-10-2016, 2:45 PM Reply   
Why didn't that guy just buy his cigs at the liquor store?
Old     (BurnMac42)      Join Date: May 2015       11-10-2016, 5:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
-
- Trump said he will increase gun rights.

.
I actually read an article today about his plan for gun rights that he just posted on his site...makes sense to me..

He plans to allow concealed carry to pass from state to state, he plans on cracking down on gun-related crimes to try and deter gun crimes, he wants to get rid of the laws regulating magazine restrictions, and he wants to fix the background check system so it is more effective.

He will also allow properly trained military members to carry weapons on base/posts and in recruiting stations..

All and all pretty reasonable to me...
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-10-2016, 7:36 PM Reply   
Oh my:
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11746387

Glad to here NZ is regarded as "deeply civilized small nation" and could be the "Trump-era Athens" but the reality is NZ has its fair share of problems and the "media" here propagate horrendous rubbish like the above.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-10-2016, 10:02 PM Reply   
I guess this is one way of dealing with your frustrations that TRUMP won
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4IHncggbTM&sns=em
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-10-2016, 11:56 PM Reply   
This chit just keeps rolling.

Well, I've always kinda known, unless we go WWIII, my family is good. Who is President or my repsentive(s) are not going to change my way of life a significant amount. Even seeing this social media junk the last 24 hours, kinda thought it's hyperbole. Then had a friend(rural area) just told me her kids were told it was time to get out of the country/they're getting deported.

I cannot explain my anger re: this. 2 kids that both patents are generation citizens, meaning both parents born here, no idea about grandparents(does that matter). Kids at school telling dark skinned kids they should leave their country. Holy *****, who are there kids saying it and what are they hearing at home?

I really thought this chit was isolated and not "real"...whatever that means. Put your head in the sand, whatever. Sure it's still how I looks at the bad police officer(big fan of our police force), isolated, but this rocks me a bit....kids....really.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-11-2016, 12:00 AM Reply   
It's very real, no matter what Delta wants to pretend. I've already had multiple friends harassed/chased/yelled at on the street.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-11-2016, 12:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
I would like a serious, sober minded person who voted for Trump to please tell me why they feel good about his victory.

I don't want to hear that Hillary Clinton is the devil or Barack Obama is a terrorist. This is a serious question and I would like a serious answer, please. Adult responses only, please.

Soon, the Republican Party will control every chamber of our government. For eight years they have been in lockstep opposition, and they are very good at it. But now they have to actually govern. Republicans own the next two years. Aside from criticize liberals, what are they going to actually DO?

The party of small government is now run by a man with a deep admiration for authoritarians. How does that work? I'm honestly asking. I love this country, I am deeply disturbed by the results of this election, but millions of people aren't. So I'm missing something.

Is there anyone out there who can seriously clue me in on at least what it is I can soberly disagree with?

Lastly, will the GOP confront the fact its leader is beloved by hate groups and does very little to distance himself from that?

I am trying to at least see the perspective from the other side of the Great Divide that is our country.
1. SCOTUS picks (woohoo!)
2. Ending Obama care (a total job killer)
3. The cessation of having the LGBT agenda forcibly rammed down our throats (figuratively speaking of course)
4. Being told the actual truth about pretty much everything (haven't seen that in a long time)
5. Reducing regulations on businesses (now we can get stuff done)
6. Reformation of tax codes (now companies can hire more people)
7. Having a president who is actually proud of our country worldwide and not going around apologizing for "how bad we are".
8. Build the military back up so we're respected again and have the bite to back up our bark (watch out Iran, North Korea etc...)
9. Beefing up the border so we actually have a country
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-11-2016, 1:10 AM Reply   
10. Upholding the second amendment

Side story: My wife had her monthly book club meeting at our house tonight. I got booted to my shop where I just cleaned the shop and boat up a bit. After that, I got bored. Most of the members of her book club are pinko liberal public school teachers. These women mostly traveled together (reducing their carbon footprint for sure) so I felt it was my "duty" to install a Trump sticker to one of their Mercedes so when they show up to work tomorrow morning, their coworkers will know just how much they "love trump". Hope I don't get in trouble for that one. We'll see. (Disclosure: no paint was harmed in this stunt. I only pulled the backing off of the corners of the stickers so it'll be an easy removal)
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       11-11-2016, 7:00 AM Reply   
One thing is obvious... both camps have some absolute complete idiots supporters and this election cycle has brought them all out.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-11-2016, 7:17 AM Reply   
MarkJ. That's awesome. Its to bad your not going to able to see the results of your prank, LOL
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-11-2016, 7:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by allzway View Post
One thing is obvious... both camps have some absolute complete idiots supporters and this election cycle has brought them all out.
Yes.


Rereading my post above, I could have used an editor. Little too much bourbon watching the Utes......

Hoping for a better today.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       11-11-2016, 7:29 AM Reply   
I keep hearing this Obamacare thing. I just don't get it. I know it isn't perfect and needs a lot of work. But here are my honest questions for Obamacare critics:

1. Do you realize what a "pre-existing condition" meant for people pre-obama care?
1A. If you answered yes to #1, what do you think that does to private insurance margins and it's effects on premiums?
2. Do think a private insurer should be able to deny coverage based on your condition? IE: if you get cancer they can refuse to renew your policy.
3. Do you realize how much profits insurance companies cleared the first 3 quarters this year?

I ask because 5 years ago my step mother started her battle with cancer. After the initial treatment she received an automated notification that her insurance provider would not be renewing her policy based on the amount of required coverage vs her tenure with the provider. When asked, the rep told my family it was a legacy system that predated Obamacare regulations and should be disregarded. However, now my father has the same complaints that you guys have.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       11-11-2016, 7:39 AM Reply   
To follow-up on a a common topic it was good to see the market stabilized and even closed at a high yesterday. But buyer beware. As stated markets don't like uncertainty. Things are now certain for the short term which is probably a likely driver for the high. It's like pent up anxiety being released. My (as a hobbiest) market prediction is that it will remain stable, outside of any standard trends, though out the year. Assuming Trump doesn't go off and start spewing ignorance I'll say the market won't reflect his polices until July 2017. So before you guys go getting all getty that things are normal i'll say be patient. It's still to early to tell.

I still standby my statement in his attempt to renegotiate debt, the mention of re-vauling bonds is going to be crushing to our debt structure.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-11-2016, 7:51 AM Reply   
More videos of Violent Libs attacking Trump supporters how is this NOT a hate crime. This woodside high school student was supporting TRUMP on her Facebook page and another student attacked her sent her to the ER. How is this not a Hate crime?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-_Ah1RzgEc&sns=em
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-11-2016, 8:02 AM Reply   
And can we talk about Van Jones comments "Trumps victory was a Whitelasshing against a black president" Wow, this guy is supposed to be a educated political spokesman. His rant was during ellection night I guess he was having a melt down, but seriously this comes off as hate speech to me. He tryed to push the white guilt agenda, so if you voted for trump it's not because you don't like Hillary it's because your Mad that Obama is 1/2 black WOW !!! And like I said this is supposed to be a educated political spokesperson.

If you have not seen what I'm talking about here it is
https://youtu.be/RdgewCeLtrU
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-11-2016, 8:10 AM Reply   
Kudos to South Park for getting election results incorporated into the next day episode. I imagine they must have two episodes ready to go.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       11-11-2016, 9:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
And can we talk about Van Jones comments "Trumps victory was a Whitelasshing against a black president" Wow, this guy is supposed to be a educated political spokesman. His rant was during ellection night I guess he was having a melt down, but seriously this comes off as hate speech to me. He tryed to push the white guilt agenda, so if you voted for trump it's not because you don't like Hillary it's because your Mad that Obama is 1/2 black WOW !!! And like I said this is supposed to be a educated political spokesperson.

If you have not seen what I'm talking about here it is
https://youtu.be/RdgewCeLtrU
I only watched part of and probably missed that part. But I agree, the results were not "whitelash" I'll say blaming the loss on that is absurd. Let's make no mistakes about this, Hillary lost the election. The democratic message was completely lost on moderate voters. The demographics that she needed to win didn't show up, where they need to show up. That is no one's fault but hers and the party.

Part of Trumps appeal is to White Men, Hillary knew that and didn't go after them and it cost her the election. She banked on Obama's voters showing up and didn't reach out. For ****s sake she didn't even visit WI because she thought it was locked. There isn't a sociological reason WI voters didn't vote her other than the fact she didn't campaign there. Thinking about my travels though out the campaign, I only saw one version of the Hillary campaign commercial. Not to ramble on, but she also spent a lot of money on big data that relied heavily on poll numbers. As we all know the data was wrong from day one.

Looking at the postmortem is interesting. Bush, Obama, and Trump have all run extremely different campaigns and all been as equally successful. Looking back, I think Hillary tried to campaign in the way that Bill did. Remember though, Bill wouldn't have been president if not for Perot.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-11-2016, 10:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
More videos of Violent Libs attacking Trump supporters how is this NOT a hate crime. This woodside high school student was supporting TRUMP on her Facebook page and another student attacked her sent her to the ER. How is this not a Hate crime?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-_Ah1RzgEc&sns=em
It is. Who is saying it isn't? What is your point?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-11-2016, 10:45 AM Reply   
It's not being called a hate crime.

But typically when Black attacks White it's business as usual But if white attacks Black it's most of the time called a Hate crime. Sorry but that's a Fact. It's a inconvenient truth
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-11-2016, 10:52 AM Reply   
Your calling it a hate crime and your right. Judge it for what it is, you don't need the media to label it for you
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-11-2016, 11:03 AM Reply   
What I don't agree with its how you package it as "violent libs attack trump supporter". Infuring that the reason they are violent is they are libs, and by extention all libs have violence in them. IMO these people are just violent, their political leanings have nothing to do with it. I just don't see how labeling them in that way moves anything in the right direction. It certainly doesn't heal the country or whatever
Old    deltahoosier            11-11-2016, 11:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
It's very real, no matter what Delta wants to pretend. I've already had multiple friends harassed/chased/yelled at on the street.
Sorry to hear that. My wife was harassed all the time at work in Oakland (when she went outside) and called everything but a white woman. I was told I would be thrown in front of a train by a hispanic dude for not giving him money, chanted at by a black woman "death to white people children of satan" and the classic angry black guy wanted to do that fist pump scare the white guy game with me (did not work out well for him). At that is maybe a few dozen times going into Oakland for me alone.

While I empathize with your friends. I don't really care at this point. I will not do that to people, however I can see where people want to punch a bunch of people in the face right about now.
Old    deltahoosier            11-11-2016, 11:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
10. Upholding the second amendment

Side story: My wife had her monthly book club meeting at our house tonight. I got booted to my shop where I just cleaned the shop and boat up a bit. After that, I got bored. Most of the members of her book club are pinko liberal public school teachers. These women mostly traveled together (reducing their carbon footprint for sure) so I felt it was my "duty" to install a Trump sticker to one of their Mercedes so when they show up to work tomorrow morning, their coworkers will know just how much they "love trump". Hope I don't get in trouble for that one. We'll see. (Disclosure: no paint was harmed in this stunt. I only pulled the backing off of the corners of the stickers so it'll be an easy removal)
I had a big blond hair blue 6'3" 260 lbs friend/ coworker from ex marine from Idaho that I always joked I wanted to put a rainbow magnet on his truck bumper.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-11-2016, 11:56 AM Reply   
Ralph: the problem with the Media not "recognizing Reality" and when I say that equal coverage of crimes. And I hate to admit it but I'm NOW very skeptical of all Media coverage. Example Wes's Facebook post of a swastica "make America white again" my gut tells me this is some bitter Hillary supporter or BLM person trying to make Trump and his supporters look racist. It's sad when we can't trust each other. These race husslers need to be called out and exposed. Example that Van Jones guys rant was a Race Bate!

P.S funny how the Anti trump people's war chant is "She won the popular vote" well the popular vote worked fine for the when their guy won in the last 2 elections. But now it's not fair!

And for the record I don't blame people for being upset I don't even mind that they protest. I hate the fact that they are attacking other Americans for doing what makes America great. Voting and not being persecuted for having a different view other then their own.

Last edited by grant_west; 11-11-2016 at 12:04 PM.
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 7:45 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2019 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us