Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-28-2005, 11:51 AM Reply   
Hey Guys, just got a boat 1 month ago, and this summer I swear I am going to land a 360 or a tantrum...I feel so close...can you check out this video and pay attention to the crashes at the end. Any advice appreciated, although I already know I'm not holding on to the handle :-)

http://www.wakepics.com/img/15025
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       06-01-2005, 12:53 PM Reply   
On your 3's you r not keepin the handle in. As you pop up off of the wake pull the handle in hard to your back hip. After you do that it should be there for you. On your tantrums u look like you r there. Is the rope getin ripped out of your hand? If so, I pull it is some off of the wake, If not it yanks me hard as I come around. Hope it helps.
Old     (kjl_in_sac)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-03-2005, 8:08 PM Reply   
Bring the handle in to the snall of your back on the 3's like bg said. Don't rush the handle pass. It will be there. On your tantrums, ride all the way up the wake and wait to throw it just a little bit. You pretty much have it though. Also, it couldn't hurt to go a little bigger. Or maybe it could. Good luck.
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-13-2005, 12:28 PM Reply   
I think if you waited a bit longer to pop on your tantrums you will nail them. I had the same problem learning mine... i would take off just a little early and force it. They would be low and fast with hard falls. Wait just a little longer and you'll be in good shape IMO.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-20-2005, 7:09 PM Reply   
Well, I went up to Knoxville cause JD Webb was in town doing a Nautique Ride Clinic, hooked up with him for the morning...3 guys in the boat, and we all landed our first inverts! I had no idea what to expect, having never ridden with a pro. Very cool guy, made us feel great for landing simple tantrums/backrolls. Then he went out and rode...all I can say is watching a pro from the boat is a once-in-a-lifetime experience, if you can do it, you will never regret it. Now, if I can just get over the concussion I got later in the day on my backroll attempt.... :-)

Becca (wife), JD, me

1st Tantrum
Old                06-20-2005, 8:57 PM Reply   
props to you! i just landed my first tantrums this weekend so i have the same feeling. i just wish i could watch a pro from the boat, must have been awesome