Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old    Steve Amestoy (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-07-2005, 5:18 PM Reply   
How hard is it to install perfect pass in a 03 sanger v210?
Old    DRA-Doug (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-07-2005, 6:00 PM Reply   
Steve,
It isn't that hard Gary (V15Guy) did mine, I actually helped very little. I think it only took like a total of 3 hours, but he had done his before. The directions are good and ask Gary for some tips.
Old    chris_hargis            09-07-2005, 8:30 PM Reply   
Steve, do you already have a paddle wheel for your speedos? My mobius came with the same paddle wheel as the PP does. I just got a wiring harness from them for it and popped in the display and wired it up real quick. Took me longer to route the cables through than to install everything else. The servo is very easy, and so was the wiring. Check with Randy at PP and see if they have a harness for your boat. If you have to install a paddle wheel, then that will be the hardest part since you will have to drill a hole in your boat.
Old    Steve Amestoy (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-07-2005, 10:21 PM Reply   
My boat doesnt have a paddle wheel.I just installed a rear ballast system.1" through hole scoop and 2 3/4 overflow/vent lines so drilling isnt a problem.I was wondering about the whole wireing setup.How much does perfect pass cost?
Old    chris_hargis            09-08-2005, 9:49 AM Reply   
Little over $1100 (with shipping) for the wakeboard pro.
Old    kfalcon            09-08-2005, 10:11 AM Reply   
Just ordered mine today for my 02' V210. It was $1,100 plus $10 for overnight shipping. I will be installing it tomorrow if all goes well with customs.
Old    Mike Barker (thedog01)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-10-2005, 4:45 PM Reply   
I just installed mine this morning. I took a deep breath when drilling the hole, but the whole thing was a snap. The hardest part was routing the wires from under the dash to the engine compartment. The plugs are a fair size, so it can be tough to get them through a small (or already full) hole. I had to buy a couple of connectors to hook it up to my instruments, but these cost me 10$ at the local auto parts store. The paddlewheel sealant is curing today, tomorrow I'll tie up the cables and go for a spin. The directions are great.
Old    kfalcon            09-10-2005, 10:37 PM Reply   
I agree, installed mine last night. It took about 3.5 hours. I will try mine out tomorrow also as the paddlewheel sealant shound be dry by then.

Something about drilling a 2" hole in the bottom of the boat that made me cringe?!?!
Old    chris_hargis            09-11-2005, 8:41 PM Reply   
Just take your instructions with you when you take it out. There will be some adjustments you may have to make to get it dialed in just right.
Old    kfalcon            09-12-2005, 7:58 AM Reply   
Tried the PP for the first time yesterday. Everything worked perfectly. The new face is much better than the old too. It took 1 MPH adjustment to match the GPS and we were in business. It make driving the boat easy for anyone. Maybe my marriage will last after all?!?
Old    Mike Barker (thedog01)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-19-2005, 12:32 PM Reply   
It took a week to get out on the water, but everything works fine. Water was pretty rough, so I didn't work too hard on the speedo-cal. I think I'll need to play with the KW setting to make the speed control a little tighter though. The new display/menu structure takes a bit of getting used to, but once you figure it out, it isn't a big deal.
Old    chris_hargis            09-19-2005, 7:54 PM Reply   
Congrats to both of you. I actually had it on my outboard when we had it, so it was no problem for me to get the ok from mamma for the parts I needed to transfer it over to the new boat. I have the new chip in mine, but not the new display.
I am glad to hear that both of you had successful installs.
Old    (DRA) deltariders.com (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       09-19-2005, 8:50 PM Reply   
Steve;
Install is a snap, My price is 1025.00 for it. Well last time I ordered one. Give me a shout if you have any problems.
Old    will c (wakemaniac69)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-21-2005, 9:08 PM Reply   
PP is very easy to install. The hardest part was to drill a hole in the hull of my boat. Not that it was a difficult hole to drill, I just have a mental problem with drilling hole in the hull of a boat. After that, the rest is easy.