Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-31-2007, 4:53 PM Reply   
I am building my own Tower speaker system. I an going to use 4 Eminence Beta 8 with 2 Eminence PSD 2002 horns mounted coaxially.

Please take a look at this crossover...I like it becase it has several attenuation settings as well as settings for the midbase. It seems you can set it leave it alone with having to have an L-Pad switch somewhere.

Please let me know your thoughts

http://www.usspeaker.com/beyma%20FD250-1.htm
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-02-2008, 7:52 AM Reply   
Bump....
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-02-2008, 8:26 AM Reply   
nice crossover but really pricey imo... i like beyma stuff a lot (i upgraded my skylons with beyma 8g40's from us speakers and Selenium Selenium 2V2K/600 2-Way Passive Crossover from parts express and it sounds great or the beyma FD2XC1 (cost $179)

if you really want to have a smokin system i would look at the 8" beyma 8XC20 and a additional beyma 8g40 driver... they will SMOKE the eminence hands down in sound quality and everything else (ie put your money in better drivers)

(Message edited by clubmyke on January 02, 2008)
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-02-2008, 8:30 AM Reply   
What crossover would you reccomend?

What horn are you using?
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-02-2008, 8:32 AM Reply   
Ok, I'm an idiot....I see where you listed them.

What are you usuing to attenuate your horn?
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-03-2008, 1:17 PM Reply   
i'm using the Selenium D210Ti and there is no need for attenuation (along with the beyma 8g40 and the selenium 2k crossover - sounds incredible)

in your setup where you want to use coaxial hcld, i would look at using beyma all the way through ( 8xc20 coaxial, 8g40 driver, and the fd2xc1 crossover) with a big, big amp like a zapco, arc, or tru...

the beyma is so smooth sounding- the emmimence sounds course/bright/distorted in comparison. it is a pricey setup, but it will go insanely loud and stay "together" in comparison to anything else... the european drivers are that much better (comparing a yugo to a ferrari)

(Message edited by clubmyke on January 03, 2008)
Old     (murphy_smith)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-03-2008, 1:57 PM Reply   
Those Beymas are going to be a bit out of my price range but definately nice.

I think I am going to go with 4 Emminece Beta 8's with 2 Selenium D210 TI.

Clubmyke, what crossover would you reccomend for this set up. I will be pushing 500 watts total to the setup.
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-04-2008, 5:49 AM Reply   
Selenium 2V2K/600 2-Way Passive Crossover from parts express