Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old    tbill            03-15-2005, 4:30 PM Reply   
Just curious on what kind of thoughts are out there...Any advice is appreciated if anyone out there has had a chance to compare these boats...thanks!

Looking to get my first true Wakeboard boat, so I am looking at entry level models. My priorities are that the boat is first comfortable and roomy, second that it has a nice wake. Given two boats all things being equal I would pick the more comfortable one over the one that has the best wake.

2004 Mastercraft X2
2005 Tige 20v (ConvexV hull w/TAPS 2)

Both have: Ballast System Tower & Racks Stereo and Remote Heater Shower Tower Speakers and Lights 2 Speaker & 2 Fwd. Lights

X2 does not have perfect pass (Tige does, and some other options the x2 does not have as the Tige is pretty loaded) so I would have to add that...other wise they are the same price. Each has between 40 and 70 hours (demo) but being sold as new.

Also thinking about these:

2005 Malibu VDrive
2004 Centurion Avalanche

I would have to add options to these, such as a stereo and perfect pass, but these two are cheaper than the top two options.

I have some demos set up already, because I know I need to get behind them myself to see what I like the best, but this is my first wakeboard boat so they all look sweet to me. I had an Inboard/Outboard before...just to let you know where I am coming from.

Also, have I overlooked an obvious boat choice to include in my decision? Any thoughts are very much appreciated!