Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-26-2010, 10:34 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z93NLZSJNY
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-27-2010, 8:46 AM Reply   
Question: is it!
Crazy because its true?
Crazy because you never thought it would happen?
Crazy because there was pretty much NOTHING you could do about it!
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-27-2010, 8:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
question: Is it!
Crazy because its true?
Crazy because you never thought it would happen?
Crazy because there was pretty much nothing you could do about it!
1 & 3
Old     (csaidler)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-27-2010, 8:52 AM Reply   
Crazy for all the above. Maybe we could vote every incumbent out and get new guys that would hopefully get the message. Then again until there's unbiased media there's no way that America will know what's really going on anyways. I'm for firing every politician and call me crazy but I wouldn't mind paying extra taxes as long as those taxes went to paying off the nations debt and the nations debt alone.

Last edited by csaidler; 10-27-2010 at 9:00 AM. Reason: Stupid iPhone autocorrect
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-27-2010, 10:17 AM Reply   
Grant.
It's crazy because it's true.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-27-2010, 10:25 AM Reply   
Clayton,
By our monetary systems very design the debt can never be paid. It is literally impossible because the debt is always greater than the amount of our currency. Every dollar that enters our system has debt attached to it.
If we wiped the slate clean and started from zero under the current system and 1.00 entered our monetary system, we would actually owe .25% on that dollar.
Old     (csaidler)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-27-2010, 10:44 AM Reply   
I'm not sure what all the math is on that. But if our national population is 300 million. And our national debt is closing in on 14 billion when I did the math on my phone that's roughly 46000 per person. Don't see why over 20 years that can't be paid off. On a sliding scale with the ppl with more money paying just a percent more and the poorer having to actually pay taxes as opposed to getting money as a "tax return" when they never even paid that much or any money in taxes. And then cut our ridiculous national spending. Maybe I'm naive but I feel the math there is pretty basic. That just says over the next 20 years everyone pays on average 2300 extra in taxes a year and our country not paying people because they're " less fortunate".
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-27-2010, 10:51 AM Reply   
Clayton,
I'm not being clear- The amount of the national debt is irrelevant. Big numbers, small numbers.. The debt cannot be paid under our current monetary system. It never could, even when it was 1.00..100.00..100,000.00.
How can you pay off a(currently) .25% debt on ALL your money?
If I loaned you 1 dollar and charged you interest of .25% and every dollar you received came with a .25% debt.. how could you possibly pay off the debt?
Old     (csaidler)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-27-2010, 11:07 AM Reply   
Why not give me .75$ instead or .9975$ depending on whether you mean 25 cents on the dollar or .25%
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-27-2010, 11:49 AM Reply   
lol.. Clayton.. I wasn't instrumental in putting our monetary system in place.
I'm just explaining to you(in the simplest way possible) why our debt can never be settled. .
Old     (csaidler)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-27-2010, 12:04 PM Reply   
I dunno. I think there has to be some way. I'm just saying it shouldn't be above most Americans to sacrifice, even if it's monetary sacrifice, in order to continue calling ourselves Americans
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-27-2010, 1:19 PM Reply   
Like what Clayton was Saying. I don't know if its gonna turn things around 100% but I feel the only thing I can do to show my middle finger to the current admin is VOTE Every incumbent OUT.

IMO One of the Major reasons we have the leadership we have is because people are not involved.
(myself included) It's time to take back our country and get involved. Letting the other guys do our fighting has come and gone and that's part of the reason we are where we are today.

IMO people are ZOMBIES and spend a bunch of time updating FACE BOOK, playing FarmVille, And watching TV. You have 500 friends of Facebook but you don't even know your Neighbor. That's what your goverment want's. Zombies that don't want to get involved are much easy'r to control than people that are informed and willing to stand up and say B.S.

I also notice a disturbing trend. People that are willing to stand up for what they believe in are some how looked down on. The orignal people to do this were call Patriots. Now your labled a Racist or a "Wing Bat" or Tea Bagger. Another example of STFU and go with the flow.

I hope voter turn out is at a all time high this Nov 2nd. I hope people take the time to speak up.
You voice count's
Old     (csaidler)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-27-2010, 1:25 PM Reply   
Done voted already. No incumbent will return!!! Hahahahaha. Actuall I did vote fo reelect our gov and DA. But the rest will be gone!!
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-27-2010, 1:57 PM Reply   
Good post, Grant.

I think a majority of the problem is there are soooo many major, life altering issues to be dealt with that people feel overwhelmed and throw up their arms..We are being bombarded by ideas, programs and plans by the powers that be, there is not enough time in the day to even begin to educate yourself on them, let alone begin fighting those you oppose. 'The People' have allowed Government to grow at such an exponential rate with zero accountability that the 'Monster' we've fed by complacency is out of control. They now feed on us instead of being fed by us.
Old    SamIngram            10-29-2010, 1:27 PM Reply   
It got deleted... anyone know where another copy is?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-29-2010, 2:17 PM Reply   
Yeah, I missed it too.

Unfortunately, it seems like everyone is missing the point. Money isn't real. What is real is productivity. If the economy stalls then productivity stalls. The debt isn't the issue. People not producing is the issue. What does it do if you throw the bums out to bring in more bums that don't understand the problem. The govt can just create money by saying it has more. What's to stop it? Other countries? Those other countries depend on us to buy their products. They can't complain if we create more money, buy their products and keep their economies productive.

This recession is just a painful realignment of the global economy. The most important thing to do is to keep as much productivity going as possible. Houses are now cheap. People who depended on them gaining in value lost. People just coming into the market win. The end result? We now have more and cheaper houses than we would of had if the fake money in the economy wasn't thrown at boosting productivity in the building sector.

The economy is it's own beast because nobody wants to see it for what it is. We export 1/2 trillion of our economy each year. Lost to other countries. What mitigates that loss? What will mitigate that loss in the future? Before we can answer difficult questions, we must accept the obvious. It's a trivial task to see that a 1/2 trillion dollar trade deficit is related to desire for cheap foriegn products and the inability to create them here. It's a trivial task to see that loising 1/2 trillion of our economy each year is not helping cash flow in our economy. What's difficult is placing this in the public eye in a way that we all understand what we are doing.

I would not offer to pay a dime more in taxes to reduce the national debt because it's pointless to pay off the debt before we understand how it relates to the future of our economy. The days of accumulating wealth may be coming to an end. Because wealth is eventually going to be devalued.
Old    SamIngram            10-29-2010, 2:24 PM Reply   
All my money is going for

and

Guns, Ammo, and Rabbits... and some warm, dry clothes...
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       10-29-2010, 7:38 PM Reply   
I'm with ya' Sam, but lets trade the rabbit for beer and hookers. If ya' die, you don't want them to find you next to a rabbit. Let's make make it respectable.
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-30-2010, 12:36 AM Reply   
Sam, you're a light weight.
Old    SamIngram            11-02-2010, 9:43 AM Reply   
I found the commercial.... it's on one of the crazy websites I read.

Crazy Commercial
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-02-2010, 10:02 AM Reply   
Cool commercial, but it's a misrepresentation of the problem. It should of been about how we depended on the Chinese to make everything for us until we were no longer able to make anything ourselves.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-02-2010, 1:12 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTbdnNgqfs8
Old    SamIngram            11-02-2010, 2:23 PM Reply   
Riley,
What the heck is that video about? I'm in about 15 minutes so far...
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-02-2010, 2:26 PM Reply   
It's a series of videos of basically the basis of the comercial. America has been attacked financially for years.