Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through May 13, 2004

Old     (tripleup)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-02-2004, 7:11 PM Reply   
I am going to put a tower on my 96 ski nautique can anyone reccomend the best tower for the money? 700-1500 dollar price range.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-02-2004, 7:12 PM Reply   
For the money I would get a Monster or Titan Series I
Old    walt            05-02-2004, 7:47 PM Reply   
For the money The Monster Tower cant be beat !http://monstertower.com/ The service is great too.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-02-2004, 10:56 PM Reply   
I like the Monster, but I wanted to go with something a little more traditional and went with the brand new Big Air tower, you should take a look at it www.bigairpylons.com It was the same price as the Monster and uses a similar mounting method. I couldn't be happier with my choice.
Old    mtb1981            05-03-2004, 9:30 AM Reply   
Titan is definately the way to go. $1300 and they will custom build you one if you need it at no extra.
Old    blindsiderider            05-03-2004, 9:51 AM Reply   
Just put the monster tower on our calibria and it is a great tower
Old     (d_o_double_g)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-03-2004, 12:51 PM Reply   
Seven solid mfg's here - Take your pick.
Old     (gvb)      Join Date: May 2003       05-03-2004, 2:34 PM Reply   
I just installed my Monster Tower this weekend. easy install, super high quality product for under a grand shipped to your door. and it looks good as well.. some of the other towers look like jungle gyms.
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-04-2004, 12:20 AM Reply   
Titan Series I Wakeboard Tower

At $1,299.95 the Titan Series I is hard to beat.

- The original wishbone shaped tower
- Fat 2.25 inch stainless steel tubing
- Most rigid tower on the market
- Custom color powder-coat at no extra charge
- Polished billet tower mounts (not polish paint)
- Exact fit - not universal
- Easy to install in 1-2 hours, not 4-5 hours
- $129.95 in store credit to use toward racks or anything
- Free shipping
- No sales tax in USA

http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/titan_wakeboard_towers/series_i_titan_tower

Check out the new image gallery for this tower.

Another incredible bargain is the Boss Knight Tower at $1,099.95. Boss towers historically have sold for around $2,500 or more. This tower has the same high quality 4-bolt hand-polished billet mounts as their high end towers. Due to the universal design and manufacturing in large runs, Boss has been able to offer the sweet introductory price of $1,099.95 for the first 100 towers sold. We are getting close so if you like this one you need to hurry.

Boss Knight Wakeboard Tower

http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/boss_wakeboard_towers/boss_knight_wakeboard_towers

Mike
http://www.wakeside.com
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-04-2004, 5:16 AM Reply   
We installed my Monster in about 3 hours.Plus all the accessories are way cheaper than those other guys.
It looks PRIMO on my ride!
Old     (buzzardmountain)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-04-2004, 5:47 AM Reply   
Alex, I'm throwing my vote in for Monster Tower. I installed it on my '97 Nautique. Simple install, solid tower, and great price!!!
Old     (wake_fun)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-04-2004, 10:09 AM Reply   
Look at my boat for a Titan on a Nautique.
Old     (bdehaan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-04-2004, 10:16 AM Reply   
I'm with Mike on this one, I love the look of the Titan, and from what everyone says it's solid. I just ordered a Titan Series I about a week ago, and can't wait til it gets here.
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-04-2004, 5:45 PM Reply   
Rich, the Titan Low Rider wakeboard racks are $399.95/pair with free shipping plus another 10% in store credit (Wakeside Reward Points). That makes the net price considering the points only $180 per rack. How does that make the Monster racks way cheaper?

http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/titan_wakeboard_racks/titan_low_rider_rack

(Message edited by wakeside1 on May 04, 2004)
Old     (sw1)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-04-2004, 6:11 PM Reply   
I installed a Monster Tower and that thing is completly silent with NO Rattles or movement--

Extremly rigid tower-

Not sure if the sale is still going on but they were selling a tower and two racks for around $1300 to your door!

sw
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-04-2004, 9:59 PM Reply   
Check out Matt Andersons site, www.inboardtalk.com and for pic's of how a Monster Tower will look on your boat see http://www.monstertower.com/customerphotos/CorrectCraft.htm Matt likely knows stress analysis of wakeboard towers better than anyone on the planet!
Old    jimmydager101            05-04-2004, 10:24 PM Reply   
Monster tower all the way, coolest tower I have ever seen and easy to install. I love the thing and the customer service and price can't be beat.
Jimmy
Old    hagar            05-05-2004, 4:28 AM Reply   
Careful of ordering from Wakeside, after paying them money upfront for a pair of Low Riders I still cannot use them after 11 weeks, due to a very long delay in shipping, missing parts etc. Frustrating!
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-05-2004, 5:15 PM Reply   
Wakeside,the Titan is a very cool set up,and apparently I stand corrected on the price of the racks.No offense intended.I was actually refering to some of the other"bling"brands.I've ridden behind some stuff that rattled like a tin can.

I went with the Monster for several reasons;price,customer service,free shipping,ease of installation,looks(it resembles a Titan)and yes,prices of the accessories.

Hagar sounds pissed,better fix it.
Old     (sw1)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-05-2004, 5:43 PM Reply   
Rich-
I dont think you were too far off on the prices for the racks--that link is to racks that have forks "dipped" in rubber they aren't polished like the Monster Racks.

sw
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-05-2004, 6:57 PM Reply   
Hagar,

First of all, the Wakeside team and Titan apologize for the problems that you had with your order. We strive very hard to have 100% satisfied customers, but sometimes something just goes wrong.

For everyone else on this threads benefit - we don't charge anyone up front, we only authorize the credit card. We charge the credit card after we ship the product(s). The only exception is international shipments where we require one of the three up front:
1) Cashiers check
2) Money order
3) Wire transfer

Once Visa and Mastercard figure out how to reduce or eliminate fraud, we will again offer credit card authorization and payment. Until then, we just can't afford the loss that we experienced last year with International orders. Most people all over the world (including Hong Kong) are very honest but there are always people out there trying to rip you off. Visa and Master card have improved their fraud prevention in the US but these services are not available yet internationally.

The problem that you had with the Titan Low Rider racks is the 2 1/2 inch mounts for Monster Tower and Titan Australia (Titan USA is 2 1/4) tube diameter. Titan has been on back order for several months due to low demand on this tubing size and due to incredible demand for Titan products (including the Low Rider and Wakeside Battle Rack).

It was very unfortunate that Titan left out the bolts in the Low Rider box.

I know that this will sound like a retailer defending a manufacturer but I must say this - Titan offers the best or near best customer service of any wakeboard tower or tower accessories manufacturer out there. Their quality, fit and finish, even packaging is second to none. Over the past two years, they have never left the bolts out of the packaging that I know about. This must have been a fluke - everyone has a bad day once in a while. The Titan crew has very few bad days.

Hagar- again we apologize for what happened with your order. Your Hong Kong address just made it that much harder to fix quickly.

Mike Hellweg
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-05-2004, 7:04 PM Reply   
Rich,

The Monster tower racks look exactly like the 2003 Mako racks. For 2004, Mako made several improvements. They do cost a little more than Monster. On the other hand, the Titan racks have their own unique look.

Shawn,

While I agree that polished does cost more to manufacture than polished, I think many would rather have the rubber dipped. This process solves three problems:

1) They cost less
2) They are easier to maintain than polished
3) They protect the boards better

I personally like chrome racks and forks the best since chrome is both bling and easy to maintain.

Mike
Old     (thxrover)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-08-2004, 9:13 AM Reply   
does Titan ever post on this board? - i'd like to hear something from them...I know the Monster guys (Bill in particular) try to keep everyone happy and informed and they do cruise most of the wakeboard sites to answer any questions, etc. on a pretty regular basis
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-08-2004, 2:31 PM Reply   
Every once in a while Scott Sax the owner of Titan does post on both Wakeworld.com and Wakeboarder.com. Since Titan sells only through authorized retailers and they do not sell direct to consumers, they depend on their retailers to do the sales and marketing. Titan's main business is OEM to Malibu and their dealerships. Scott's main thing design, engineering, and R&D.

Scott and I work together very closely regarding product ideas (like the Battle Rack) and I let Scott know what the market is looking for. Some examples of Wakeside.com input were the lower price on the Titan Series I, 100% chrome racks (no polish), and upgrades on their new Alpha tower speakers to MB Quart Reference and Premium series. We will continue to feed Scott ideas going forward since we have thousand of customers and we listen to what our customers want.

Since Bill at Monster as a direct sales model he does the sales and marketing. With Titan, Wakeside.com is the Internet sales and marketing and we do our best to keep everyone happy and informed. I try to answer questions, we have a news blog on our home page, and we do press releases all the time.

If you have a direct question for Titan that we can't answer, then we will pass it along to Scott and get you the answer. Sometimes, Scott will jump on the forums and answer directly.

We are totally committed to providing information, images, answering questions, and excellent customer service. We aren't perfect but we try very hard to meet the needs of the industry and especially our customers.

Mike
Old    andyvansicklen            05-08-2004, 3:44 PM Reply   
im not shure how much this one costs but it looks sick

Old     (scottsax)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-08-2004, 9:57 PM Reply   
Mike's right, Brian. We do keep an eye on these boards (and even help sponsor them), but we prefer to be good listeners. I did make a couple of posts last weekend to answer a couple of questions. When our company was younger, I used to post on a regular basis. Now, we let our 200+ dealers bang the drum for us while we try to keep our eye on the ball. Take care.

Scott Sax
Titan Wake Accessories
Old    hagar            05-09-2004, 3:52 AM Reply   
Scott

Why don't Titan provide accessories such as Bimini's to fit your Australian made towers which are 2 1/2" tubing? I have recently purchase a Titan Bimini for an Australian made Titan 2 tower and have had to have tower clamps custom made myself.
Old    walt            05-09-2004, 8:52 AM Reply   
Is it just Me or does the Boss Knight tower look cheap and flimsy ? It looks like something You would see in the Overton's catalog.

Andrew, That is a sweet tower on the MC.
Old     (thxrover)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-09-2004, 9:50 AM Reply   
Thanks for the replies Mike and Scott!
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-09-2004, 9:53 AM Reply   
Buy a Monster or the Titan I
Old     (scottsax)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-09-2004, 11:35 AM Reply   
Hagar,

Biminis are large and therefore expensive to ship, especially overseas where the 2.5" towers are built. Therefore, it is usually cheaper to buy the bimini locally.
Old     (malibudude)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-10-2004, 11:00 AM Reply   
The Titan group are a superb group of guys. Not only do they build great products but the customer service has been great, not to say others aren't, just speaking from experience. I had a minor issue w/ my straps being a bit too short and in the mean time lost one of the telescoping screws. In a couple of days Scott sent me the replacements for all. For the price range you're looking into the Titan I is my recommendation.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-10-2004, 1:01 PM Reply   
I think that is the 13th floor on the MC. They are sick...just haven't seen many.