Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 04, 2005

Old     (sanger215guy)      Join Date: Oct 2004       11-29-2004, 5:17 PM Reply   
I have been riding for just over a year. I am looking to improve my board control, Outside of riding who has used a Indo and is it worth the cash? How has it helped you?
Old    dusty            11-29-2004, 5:42 PM Reply   
My friend Derek has one. I used it in his kitchen on friday when I was wasted. Actually stayed on for quite a while until I fell into his fridge and dropped my beer.

But in all seriousness, I think they would help. But remember that they are very boring since you don't go anywhere/do anything, and 20 bucks says it will end up under your bed collecting dust like Derek's is...
Old     (malibususpect)      Join Date: Mar 2003       11-29-2004, 6:08 PM Reply   
they are fun once you start getting good enough to do tricks on them (shuv its, ollies, spins) but i made my own out of plywood. the only down side to the ones i made is i keep breaking them (3 of them) and 2 of them were made out of 3/4" plywood
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-29-2004, 6:59 PM Reply   
theres this kid that lives by my that can make it do half a flip and land back on the bottom of ita nd then flip it again and land right side up..... hes really good.... thats like his life.... i call him INDO MAN!
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-30-2004, 8:35 AM Reply   
I have an indo board, my wife and I love it. It helps a ton with balance and control. I have noticed after using it and then riding you feel a lot more in control of your board.

An exercise physiologist would say that you are training your mechanoreceptors on your feet, anytime you can stimulate them with intricate (sp?) balance you become more aware of where the pressure is on your foot and how to compensate.

Anyway, I think it helps!!!!
Old    dusty            11-30-2004, 8:44 AM Reply   
but not when you're drunk! I wish I had a digi to show you the huge bump on my head...hahaha.
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-30-2004, 9:05 AM Reply   
I'm using mine as a rehab tool right now, but it is also great for balance and control.

Just don't put it near anything breakable. It is too easy to take a spill and send the board flying across the room!!
Old    sliderfreak            11-30-2004, 4:56 PM Reply   
dude i have the wakeboard edition and its dope to the max as hell. i can like walk around it and nose walk and shuvits and poop. its soo good for condidtioning kinda like the tramp(both of them haha) but ya u get goin and u can feel the burn plus its a kool skills to get on either of the tramps muhaha
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-01-2004, 8:19 AM Reply   
Save yourself some money and make your own out of an old skatedeck. I just made this one last weekend and it only cost me a total of $4.47 at Home Depot and about 15 minutes of work.

I bought a 4" x 2' PVC pipe at Home Depot and two 12" x 1" pieces of wood. I took off the trucks from the skatedeck. Cut the wood in half and screwed it to the bottom of the deck at the tip and tail. This will keep you from sliding all the way off the end of the roller. Now you are ready to roll.....here are some pics. Save your self $100 and buy a skateboard from a garage sale or thrift shop. They have them there all the time.