Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-21-2012, 8:43 AM Reply   
My buddy and I went in on a boat a few years ago....
He put up 9k
I put up 5k and my mom said I could use whatever her little outboard sold for to buy something else... which was 6k.... so sort of a 3-person ownership.... the money bought us a Supersport nautique (this was 7 years ago).

Well the last two years my buddy and I haven't used the boat more than 4 times a season so we figured it was time to sell and buy again when we have kids or work situations change (we're both just crazy busy lately). We barely used it but my brother would rack up hours like crazy on it, so we were just losing money while he had lots of fun.... it sucked.

... put the boat up for sale and had plenty of people interested, guy was going to come with a cashiers check today but out of nowhere my brother mentioned if we knock the price down $1000 he would buy us out so he could keep a boat around... meaning he would own it with my mother. Sure enough he did, so now my buddy and I get to put money in our pockets and the boat doesn't leave the lift!!!

My brother is 19 now and in college so I know the boat/he won't be leaving for summer for the next 3+ years.

YAHOOO, another summer of boating plus an extra $4k in my pocket!
Hope everyone's season is as good as mine is starting out !!!!
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-21-2012, 11:38 AM Reply   
Money money buddy! Nice.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       03-21-2012, 12:54 PM Reply   
the nautique stays with the family....standard.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-21-2012, 1:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
the nautique stays with the family....standard.
Yes sir... now if I can only figure out how to have him buy my car off me and still let me drive it.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       03-21-2012, 10:10 PM Reply   
you only used the boat 4 times last season? i know youre busy but youre on wakeworld quite a bit... maybe if you werent on here so much you could ride more?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-22-2012, 6:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
know youre busy but youre on wakeworld quite a bit... maybe if you werent on here so much you could ride more?
Haha, the lake association is pretty strict about hours you can make a wake... so no sets before work, and if I'm lucky I have about 60 minutes after work to try and get something in... but that means rounding everyone up to ride, which is a chore in itself.

... and maybe I'm just a snob but I refuse to ride on the weekends, it just gets too busy (i'll usually head to the cable). Like 80% of the houses on the lake are weekend/summer homes for people from Milwaukee, Chicago, and Madison... so Monday through Thrusday it looks like the picture above, Fri-Sun its a zoo.... takes the fun out of riding.

Its crazy how real life cut down my riding... through high school/college I was out 5 times a week and now, 5 times a summer... its sad.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-23-2012, 10:35 AM Reply   
Nicely done. Sounds like someone needs to work weekends & ride midweeks.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-23-2012, 10:59 AM Reply   
^^ Just wait 'til the kids arrive.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-23-2012, 11:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Nicely done. Sounds like someone needs to work weekends & ride midweeks.
I wish that was an option...\

Quote:
^^ Just wait 'til the kids arrive.
I'm waaaaay to selfish for that... I have a puppy that I can barely handle.