Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old    snsbritt            05-11-2006, 11:29 PM Reply   
I have discovered the perfect place to have a wakeboard comp. Already has bleachers, parking, and everything. How do i go about contacting sponsors, and getting people to help?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-12-2006, 9:42 AM Reply   
I spent a bout a year commuting from Ohio to Waco. The Brazos River looks like an awesome place to ride, is there where you're going to set up? There are others with more experience than I have, but I'm going through now what you're contemplating, I'm working on setting up a wakesurf and wake board comp in Ohio.

Go to the USA Water Ski web site and find the grass roots page. There’s a step-by-step guide that you’ll find very helpful.

I’d say your top first tasks will be:
1) Gain permit to use your venue.
2) Affiliate with a boat/ski club
3) Affiliate with INT or USA Water Ski
4) Talk to local boat dealers to build sponsor ship support
5) Get your club and or friends involved.

Good luck!
Old    surfdad            05-12-2006, 1:57 PM Reply   
Ed is THE MAN for undertaking this type of task. He has set up the Scioto Wakefest almost singlehandedly.
Old     (andrew_moreton)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-12-2006, 4:13 PM Reply   
I have organized a wakeboard tournament in Ft. Worth at Texas Mastercraft before. Send me a PM or email me and I'll help you out. Good luck.

Andrew
Old    snsbritt            05-13-2006, 10:56 PM Reply   
bump