Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (rae63066)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-05-2013, 10:43 AM Reply   
kink of new to this, I am looking for a used tower for a 1994 searay 280ss that does not cost a mint. or any other insight for picking out a new one if that is how I have to go. or may be building one my self. any one know of a used wakeboarding equipment company?
thanks
Old     (machloosy)      Join Date: Mar 2013       06-05-2013, 12:46 PM Reply   
Your best bet would be craiglist... But in all honesty, the minimal discount is likely not worth it. I did a used one and saved about 45-50% but it was a pain to source good hardware and work with some corrosion on parts
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       06-05-2013, 3:03 PM Reply   
Look at Big Air Pylons out of Duncan OK. I had them build me a tower for my old Bayliner 185 BR and they were great to deal with and super affordable. I got the tower built to my beam width, with a 2 board rack, a kneeboard/wakeboard combo rack, 2 speaker cans, 2 Kicker 6.5" marine speakers, and a mirror shipped to my door for under $1500. I think just the tower alone with no extras was something like $800 shipped. Beat the heck out of the stealerships price of over $3000 for a similar setup, plus I ordered it on a Tuesday morning, and the whole package was sitting on my front step less than 24 hours later. Also most of their towers are reversible and can be mounted facing either direction. Can't say enough about these guys and their customer service. Absolutely top notch.

http://www.bigairpylons.com/
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       06-05-2013, 3:17 PM Reply   
This is the tower installed on my boat. I specifically chose this tower so I could keep my factory bimini since it was larger and offered more shade than the "upgraded" tower bimini that Bayliner offered. With this one I still had plenty of room to mount my speakers without issue as well.

This is it after everything was done, I paid a local audio shop to run the wires internally for the speakers just cause I was too burned out after installing everything else myself...

Old     (waketowerpro)      Join Date: Apr 2013       06-05-2013, 7:49 PM Reply   
Come take a look at the towers we offer. If you need some advice, give me a shout. We can sometimes get some blems for a discount if you are wanting to save some money.

Chuck McGuire
Waketower Pro
http://www.waketowerpro.com
Old     (machloosy)      Join Date: Mar 2013       06-06-2013, 8:17 AM Reply   
I have the same H2O tower on my supreme. It's tall and pretty sturdy, but does rattle a little in the rougher water.
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       06-07-2013, 2:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by machloosy View Post
I have the same H2O tower on my supreme. It's tall and pretty sturdy, but does rattle a little in the rougher water.
Go back and double check all your connections and mounting points. I had to tighten up the base plates after the first season, the nuts on the inside were starting to loosen up a bit, and the blocks that connect the base to the tower (that you screw the knobs into) came loose on one corner. A little locktite and everything was good to go. I 240# and could do pullups on mine without any flex.
Old     (rae63066)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-15-2013, 7:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by waketowerpro View Post
Come take a look at the towers we offer. If you need some advice, give me a shout. We can sometimes get some blems for a discount if you are wanting to save some money.

Chuck McGuire
Waketower Pro
http://www.waketowerpro.com
I would be intursted in a blem one , what do u have available?
please e mail me
rae63066@roadrunner.com