Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (gfagien)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-19-2011, 11:40 PM Reply   
Check out the CTRL Team at Hydrous Wake Park in Allen Tx

Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-20-2011, 6:39 AM Reply   
Very nice, crowd looked decent for them charging spectators $10 too, which I know kept a decent amount of us from coming.
Old     (kme3113)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-20-2011, 6:54 AM Reply   
Keith Lidburg was riding a CTRL but its not listed on their site. I think its the Hustle but a different color scheme than last years... looked pretty good! The RX looks really clean in person as well. I hope they will have some of those to demo out there this year.

A-dub I had to leave and then come back due to the entrance fee (had to hit up an atm) only got to see two heats though. I was there Friday night for a bit to watch the practice runs and it was a bit more exciting since there were people riding non-stop. During the comp there was not much going on between the heats aside from just sitting and waiting. I am excited to go ride out there and hopefully figure out how to hit a slider succesfully.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-20-2011, 6:57 AM Reply   
Yeah, so I'm not the only one that though $10 was crazy huh? My 3 year old costs $5 as well. I'm super thankful for this place being right in my backyard, but they are definitely not shy about trying to make money. I went the sneak preview week and it was $50 to ride for 4 hours.

Anyway, the event was pretty cool. I like the "jam" format of the finals where all 4 riders were riding at the same time. It made it very exciting...just short though.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-20-2011, 7:18 AM Reply   
this week it's $25 for up to 4hrs, including board and gear usage.

Only issue now is Kaesen Suyderhoud riding doubles and filming the leftover pros and ruining the water for the person behind them. Then when the operator said he couldn't do it any longer, he started whining and pulled the "it's free publicity, I was going to put this on wakeworld" and continued to plead and was allowed to continue filming the riders take dozens of laps hitting 1 or 2 obstacles. Lot's of fun though, and this is the week to hit it up!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-20-2011, 11:06 AM Reply   
the rider at the end 3:40 mark looked like he nearly ran over his fingers on the quarter pipe. was biting my nails for a second or two there.