Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       01-25-2010, 11:56 AM Reply   
I'm got an '07 F150 FX4. At slower speeds it feels like it's hunting and with shift VERY hard at times. This has been a problem since new, but seems to be getting worse lately. I had an '04 and don't remember any such issue. It's only at slower speeds when I'm barely on the gas. I can stomp on it and it will shift through very smoothly. Same pulling a boat, no issues. Am I about to have some major issues, or should I not worry?
Old     (jyoungusa)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-25-2010, 1:17 PM Reply   
Had a similar problem with my 08; took it into the dealer, they updated the software in the transmission/control box - no more problems. Might give it a try - warranty issue
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       01-25-2010, 1:47 PM Reply   
Thanks Jim, I'll try that. I've got about 60k on it, but I asked the dealer about it with about 20k and they said nothing was wrong, so maybe they'll do this to make up for it.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-25-2010, 2:08 PM Reply   
Do you keep O/D off when towing?

I put one of these in my truck for towing and it made a huge difference. You can have 3 different programs. I have 87 trans, 87 Towing, and a 87 performance. You can program for larger tires, shifting, damn near anything and everything.

Did you put larger tires on it? I went from 31's to 33's and I could notice a difference at about 45-50mph. With the programmer it's like a whole new truck. It comes with 3 stock tunes and you can pay for custom tunes.

http://dygytalworld.ehost-services139.com/php/Ford_F-Series_Gasoline_Vehicle.html
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       01-25-2010, 2:53 PM Reply   
I do keep O/D off when towing. I am still with the stock 20". Did just change tires, but same size.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       01-25-2010, 2:55 PM Reply   
Oh, and I apologize about the grammar in the first post. Just looked at it and the first sentence is horrible!