Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old    dukeboy            07-06-2003, 3:16 PM Reply   
I have a 2001 super air nautique and I'm looking to see how other Nautique owners weight their boat for wakesurfing. I don't have a problem weighting the boat for goofy footers going frontside, but for regular footers going frontside the wave is complete mush. I'm putting one fat sac in the passenger trunk and one on the passage side seating going around 10.5 to 12.5 mph. Any suggestions how to make it wall up more?
Old    chase            07-06-2003, 4:37 PM Reply   
I think you are out of luck as a regular foot rider. I believe the rotation of the prop is the problem. Look at this way, you'll be ripping backside in no time!

Hopefully I am wrong but this is what I have heard and experienced so far.
Old     (cryptic22)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-06-2003, 5:39 PM Reply   
We ride regular and we ride off the port side of the boat. We run a 700 lb sack in the center walkway, port side rear tank is full, 250 lb sack on top of the hard tank, and an additional 250 lb sac on the seats in the back port side. (We keep the center and starboard side tanks empty.) We run at 9.5 mph. We've tried several combinations, and so far this is the one we like the most.
Old    dukeboy            07-06-2003, 6:39 PM Reply   
Chase, what's the deal with the prop interfering with the wake? I was under the impression that Nautique's made a prop that is designed to balance out the boat so you have a consistent riding wake. Have you or Luke heard anything about this? in the meantime I'm probably going to keep tweaking on the distribution of weight to get the damn wake walled up.
Old    chase            07-07-2003, 5:29 AM Reply   
The rotation is the opposite of almost every other boat out there. That is why it backs up to the left instead of the right.

I honestly don't know that to be the reason but I have been told that on numerous occassions. I know that other manufacturers have a cleaner "right" than "left" though, so the theory may be correct.

I am sure you can surf on the other side but I don't think it will ever be as clean as the "left". Good luck and let me know if you get it clean!
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-07-2003, 12:37 PM Reply   
The rotation of the prop makes a huge difference in how clean the wake will be on each side. I have a Tige 20v so it's much cleaner on the left side than the right, opposite of the SAN. It doesn't mean that you can't get a decent wake on the other side, but it won't be as clean.

I've found that if I just put weight in the rear locker on the left side then I get a big clean, steep wake. If I put more weight up front then it's big but not as steep. On Saturday we had all the weight in the rear locker (about 900#) and 6 people in the boat and the wake was huge but we had too much bowrise. I was able to boost the speed from 10mph to 12mph with that much weight in the boat though. I could even see a difference in the wake size when two of the girls decided to sit in the bow and they didn't weight more than 230# between them.
Old    aka Bradley Beach            07-07-2003, 12:44 PM Reply   
I throw about 6 people in the back left corner of my prostar 190 and it makes the wave HUGE! I wakesurfed all last week before the 4th and it rocked!
Old    masonlakerider            07-07-2003, 10:14 PM Reply   
I've got an 03 SANTE and I've been all about surfing on my new inland lately! I ride regular footed on the port side and I only need a rope to get pulled up and have absolutely no problem with the wake. I fill up the rear port side ballast tank and that's really all I need to do it...but the wake obviously gets even better with people on that side. Yesterday I was riding with just that tank filled and my 125lb girlfriend driving (but standing on the port side at the same time) The wake wasn't huge, but it was easily ridable without the rope. I've found that it makes a huge difference to have someone on the very back of the boat sitting on the V-drive with their feet on the swimstep. It's IMPORTANT that they're practically hanging off the far corner and NOT in the middle of the back of the V-drive, otherwise it ruins the wake. Oh yeah...and my girlfriend is obsessed with 9.3MPH +or- being the PERFECT speed when the rear tank is filled and there's just a couple of us on the boat! Hope this helps!
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-08-2003, 7:42 PM Reply   
Dukeboy,

I guess that it is good for you that you ride goofy. Check with my boss, a CD is coming via mail with some pics and movies. The BNR plates are still available if needed, the boss has details.