Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-21-2008, 5:28 PM Reply   
I forgot to post the video before, so here it is. Make sure to click LARGE for the hi rez version.

http://gallery.me.com/ragboy#100389
Old     (dbh_brad)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-21-2008, 8:23 PM Reply   
That is rad. Sweet motivation for my kids. We will have to bring out a long board next time for this.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       10-21-2008, 9:50 PM Reply   
Great video. I love the expression of joy on the girls face as she realizes they're going to stay up freeriding.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-21-2008, 9:59 PM Reply   
It surprised me too. I thought they would get up for a few seconds and fall. I never thought I would be pulling them around the lake. That longboard was WAY worth the $400, we had tons of fun on it, and new people loved riding on it. It made them feel like they were really surfing.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-22-2008, 12:05 AM Reply   
Robert, that is some COOL COOL footage. Really love the look of that wave too.

Where did you get the longboard if I may ask?
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-22-2008, 12:24 AM Reply   
http://www.islesurfboards.com/minilongboards_1.aspx

You won't regret it if you get one, it has been amazing how much fun we have had on this thing, well worth the money. And when we bring new people on the boat, they love to try it. It makes them feel like they are surfing in the ocean.
Old     (ds3)      Join Date: Jun 2008       10-22-2008, 10:11 AM Reply   
SMED has a twin fin cruiser like that from earlier this year. I think he was blowing it out a few weeks ago. I know it's not 8' but I think it's over 5'. It rides great, just a cool looking cruiser. I think there is a pic of it on his website. It's white with a green stripe down the middle. You might call him and check that out too.
http://www.smedwakesurfing.com/
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-22-2008, 10:20 AM Reply   
we have 2 SMEDs, great boards.
Old     (dtown)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-22-2008, 11:09 AM Reply   
That is great footage rags! Are you using hula-deck for traction, or wax?
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-22-2008, 12:03 PM Reply   
Old school baby. Sticky bumps, tropical.
Old     (bac)      Join Date: Feb 2008       10-22-2008, 5:33 PM Reply   
Hey DTW, I know that Dave Pearson (the shaper for Props) took the dimensions for a 9 ft longboard and scaled it down to a 6'2" or 6'5" mini longboard for behind the boat. Its a crazy fun board, The rails are super thick and the boat is extremely floaty. A super fun ride for sure! I don't know when they will be for sale, but I can give Dave a call to at least find out. I may even be able to get you one if you are interested. Let me know and I'll send you some pics

Brian
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-22-2008, 10:08 PM Reply   
Brian, for sure find out. That would be cool. thanks.