Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (mtbtll18)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-26-2007, 11:40 AM Reply   
I HAVE A HYPERLITE BROADCAST 5'9" FOR WAKESURFING, I ALSO HAVE A 21 6 CENTURION ELITE V C4 WITH THE CENTER BALLAST FULL, IT IS PUSHING OUT A PRETTY GOOD WAKE, I CANNOT SEEM TO RIDE THE WAKE WITHOUT A ROPE, EVERYTIME I THINK I GOT IT, I DROP THE ROPE AND THEN THE BOAT JUST DRIVES AWAY, I AM GOING ABOUT 10-12 MPH, WHAT IS THE TRICK TO BE ABLE TO RIDE THIS WAKE.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-26-2007, 12:00 PM Reply   
You probably need more weight in the back and side you are riding, maybe even slower speed. It doent seem like much, but there is a big difference between 9 & 12 mph.
Old     (pnichols)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-26-2007, 12:01 PM Reply   
Don't let go of the rope try to get slack in the rope and just ride with slack. Keep doing this and eventually you will be able to lose the rope. That is a great board to learn on you should fill the ballast only on the side you ride if you only have a center ballast you might need to upgrade and add some side sacks, or pile everyone to the side you ride on. Also try slowing down a little your speedo might not be accurate I ride @ 9.5 mph. There are a lot of little tricks to keep you going without the rope. Try to just drop the rope and have someone ready to pull it in. whenever I would try to throw the rope in the boat the same thing would happen to me. It just takes a little time good luck.
Old     (partyb)      Join Date: Dec 2001       03-26-2007, 12:03 PM Reply   
Oh, and turn the caps off.
Old     (mtbtll18)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-26-2007, 12:09 PM Reply   
SORRY WHAT DO YOU MEAN CAPS OFF?
Old     (wkbrdr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-26-2007, 12:10 PM Reply   
behind the xstar we go about 7 - 8 and take a slow turn to one side, you get a huge barrel,
Old     (wakemetoday)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-26-2007, 12:22 PM Reply   
Try putting more weight on your front foot (and like suggested previously, slow the boat down and wait until you have slack in the rope before letting go).
Old     (swami)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-26-2007, 12:22 PM Reply   
White Caps off.. it should come standard in ALL boats.

LOL

He means your keyboard caps lock is on. (it's considered yelling when you type in all caps)
Old     (o2binvallarta)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-26-2007, 12:25 PM Reply   
^^^ I about pee'd myself!
Old     (billthom)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-26-2007, 12:25 PM Reply   
Upload

(Message edited by billthom on March 26, 2007)

looks like swami beat me to it.

(Message edited by billthom on March 26, 2007)
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-26-2007, 1:57 PM Reply   
"Rough water ahead captain!!"

"Don't worry, I have turned off the caps. It should be smooth water in no time. "

I think I just peed myself.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-26-2007, 2:13 PM Reply   
too bad there isn't a power turn button...
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-26-2007, 4:47 PM Reply   
I have a Broadcast 5.6, weigh about 220, but have the older Lightning hull. I have no trouble surfing the Broadcast.

You don't need that much ballast to start wakesurfing, but you need all of what you’ve got on the surf side of the boat. The, center tank only might not be enough, make sure that all of your people ballast is on the surf side of the boat too. You have a better surfing hull than I have, you should make a pretty good surfing wake. The starboard-goofy side wake won’t be as good as the port-regular side. It takes a lot to make a good surfing wake on my boat. If you’re goofy it will be more difficult.

I need at least 14 feet lake depth to make a wake, how deep is your lake?

We always start first timers out a little slower. If you’re loosing the boat then just slow the boat down. I surf any where from 8.5 mph to almost 15 mhp. Like above don’t get in a hurry to drop the rope, and weight forward is also a good tip. The rope should go slack when you find the pocket.

The tribal wake surfing knowledge says that once you learn how to surf and really get the hang of it you can surf faster and you can surf smaller boards. At my weight I can surf the smallest Trick Boardz velocity at 8.5 mph. That small Velocity is like surfing a postage stamp. If I can surf that little thing you can surf a Broadcast 5.6

I run a little over 2,000 pounds of ballast in the Mighty Centurion. The older hull needs a lot of list (lean to one side) to make a good surfing wake. I put all 2,000 pounds of ballast and crew on the surf side of the boat.

The wakesurf forum is pretty active and there are lots of helpful folks, you might want to post other wakesurf questions there.

Here area couple of wake pics
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-26-2007, 5:24 PM Reply   
Heres our 2005 Elite-V C4 with center tank full. 600 in the locker and 600 on the seat of the side were riding. Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-26-2007, 6:30 PM Reply   
Prinvelle sighting, Tyler do you still have that boat? Is that your mom kicking your a$$ on the surf board
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-26-2007, 6:39 PM Reply   
Randy yeah That is my mom!! she actually rips on surfer, and just got her a new one. We traded in the Centurion at Madras for the Malibu in my profile. All Seasons was/is the worst dealer service wise as far as we were concerned. We couldnt even pay for service. But alls well that ends well. I still havent seen your new ride! When you guys gonna start up round here.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-26-2007, 7:21 PM Reply   
Good move on the Malibu, sweet ride, don't know when well be riding around here, snowed this morning. Alex has been in Orlando for the last couple of weeks and down in Cali before that, so he's getting water time, just not at home. Hi to your parents, later... Hijack, Sorry
Old     (nyelland)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-26-2007, 9:09 PM Reply   
I to have a broadcast and a 05' Elite V. I fill the center tank and put 600lbs on the passanger side in the rear compartment. Get everyone to sit on the side ou are surfing on. Put 10.5mph on the perfect pass and slightly turn into the surfing wake.
Upload
Upload
Old     (chipconrad)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-26-2007, 9:37 PM Reply   
hey, caps off to you guys.