Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old    qbox            02-14-2006, 11:44 AM Reply   
I am in the market to buy a boat in the Atlanta area and I wanted to know what are best dealers to deal with in the area. I am still undecided about what manufacture and thought finding a good dealer might be the best way to help me make the decision. I live over an hour from most of the dealers and don’t have the time to go talk to them all and get my own impressions.
Old    cmb            02-14-2006, 12:10 PM Reply   
Well... I bought my Tige very much in part to the dealership, and am now switching to Correct Craft after they made the change. So I can highly recommend Cobalt Boats of Atlanta. They have always treated me, and anyone I know of, very well. Them picking Correct Craft up is a great benefit seeing as how it is a higher quality boat.

The only dealers I would not give business to were JOA and Atlanta Marine. Neither seemed like they cared at all that I was there. WaterSports was not welcoming to me (MasterCraft) but I have heard of some people liking them. Atlanta Inboard (Malibu) is ok. They have had some staff changes and all the folks I liked there are now gone. But, they may be perfectly fine still.
Old    qbox            02-14-2006, 12:25 PM Reply   
Thanks the info. Correct Craft is out of my price range (35-40k} but maybe Cobalt Boats of Atlanta has some nice used boats. I will check them out. The dealers you don’t recommend carry most of the new boats in my price range {Moomba Centurion}.
Old    cmb            02-14-2006, 12:45 PM Reply   
CBOA has a leftover Tige 22v I believe... that would likely be in your price range and they are a great dealership to work with. Give them a shout...
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-14-2006, 12:51 PM Reply   
Sam if you are looking at a Centurion call my dealer B&B Watercraft. We are about 40 miles south of Atlanta. I can promise you will not be dissapointed. Send me a personal email and I can give you the contact info. I have owned 1 Centurion for 3 years and have been nothing but pleased with it. I'm ordering my new Avalanche this week.
Old     (gharvin)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-14-2006, 3:05 PM Reply   
Sam,
Check out Alabamawatersports if you do not like dealing with dealers in Atl I made the drive las summer and realy enjoyed working with them.
www.alabamawatersports.com
Gary
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-14-2006, 3:18 PM Reply   
There have been many complaints on Wakeworld about Atlanta Marine. I would stay away from them iif I were you.
Old    philipc            02-14-2006, 6:41 PM Reply   
I took delivery of a VLX from Atlanta inboard about two weeks ago. Their sales staff was very friendly, and a pleasure to deal with. I can't comment on the service, as I have not even fired up the motor on the boat yet (Darned cold weather). I am thrilled with the boat so far, and can't wait to get it out on the water. I would not hesitate to buy another boat from Atlanta Inboard.

-Philip
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       02-14-2006, 7:05 PM Reply   
Sam,
Read this thread. Although it starts to go different directions here are some of the complaints.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/277879.html?1138377826
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-21-2006, 9:58 AM Reply   
Sam, I forgot to mention Centurion's north Atlanta dealer JOA Marine. They have a nice inventory up there so go check them out. Once again I can give numbers and contact names. If your interested shoot me an email.
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-21-2006, 11:10 AM Reply   
You may want to ask on the Wakeboard Atlanta Website for some input.

http://wakeboardatlanta.com/
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-22-2006, 9:27 AM Reply   
Atlanta Marine is great. Six years after my boat purchase and they still give me free stuff and great deals on gear. Those of you that read threads and recycle the crap you read should not post. E Double, that means you. I am speaking from personal experience, not from reading suspect posts that could be from people that work for competing dealers or are just FOS. Judging a dealer by reading about how some guy that nobody knows says he was not taken seriously at a boat show is just gay. This is someones livelihood.

ATL Marine is the #1 Supra dealer in the world for a good reason.

JOA Marine is a bunch of crooks. I am saying that from firsthand experience as well. They lost Mastercraft this year because of that. Absolutely horrible service.

I would also recommend going to WBA and asking around, keep in mind there is a lot of joking around that goes on there.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-22-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   
JOA Marine has made some changes. I had a chance to meet most of the managers at the Atlanta Boat Show and they were a great group of guys.
Old     (zacharoo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-22-2006, 12:04 PM Reply   
AlabamaWatersports.com is a great place to buy a boat from. Cougan P. will give you the best price period if you are looking for a Supra/Moomba boat. He also has a 2005 Supra 21V that is used with 15hours on it and is basically new for a good price.