Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old    bocephus            02-13-2006, 7:23 AM Reply   
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-Malibu-Wakesetter-VLX-CUSTOM_W0QQitemZ4612538391QQcategoryZ63686QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-13-2006, 7:39 AM Reply   
That is a scam for sure. It will be taken down soon....
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-13-2006, 8:11 AM Reply   
No way that's a scam. The seller is just a Nigerian business man who is trying to get rid of the fancy boat his former government bought for him that will be taken away from him soon by the current government if he doesn't sell it cheap first. He is also willing to offer you a share of $5,000,000 if you help him get that out of the country as well :-)
Old     (muffintop)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-13-2006, 8:30 AM Reply   
Maybe it's a killer boat show special.
Old     (rooster_cogburn)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-13-2006, 8:57 AM Reply   
Rule of thumb: If you have to ask if it is a scam, it is.
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       02-13-2006, 9:04 AM Reply   
anything with a "preapproved bidder" setup is a scam !!!
Old    boardman74            02-13-2006, 9:09 AM Reply   
What a great deal. How do I get in touch with this honest seller. Do these guys really think it's going to work. I got a lot of these guys when I was selling a car on autotrader. Always the same...I have a buyer for your car, but they gave me a check for a more expensive car. I'll send it to you and you refund me the difference. I'll send for the car and the money later. Usually from England. I got these constantly, at least 2-5 a week while it was on there. It's fun to mess with the first few, but gets old. All the letters are darn near exactly the same.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-13-2006, 9:33 AM Reply   
if you can't trust someone with the e-mail address "chessmaster2000", who can you trust? personally, i prefer to do all my major international transactions with dungeons and dragons losers
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-13-2006, 11:21 AM Reply   
I reported this yesterday and I wonder why it is still up. These guys are essentially going to wakesiderides.com and taking the most updated boats or searcing through the ones that have all the info they want. The owner of this boat frequents themalibucrew and wakesiderides and lives out of the country. Therefor the boat is definately not in the bronx, NY.

Take a look at his profile it is word for word the ebay ad.
http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=820