Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-05-2008, 1:47 PM Reply   
I am looking at a 2007 LSV that i really like but the only thing is it has the Gravity I system

1. What brand are the sacks used in the stock LSV ballast system?

2. How much weight is the center sack?

3. Has anyone done this/ is it easily possible to put in a fitting in the line between the pump and the center sack that would split it so that i could add in two rear sacs off the same pump and have another splitter to use the same vent?

4. Is there any way to put swivel board racks on the moomba LSV tower?

(Message edited by andy13 on April 05, 2008)
Old     (ifinallygota21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-05-2008, 4:30 PM Reply   
1. stock sacks are flyhigh
4. what kind of swivel? if you are thinking the ones that are on supras, then no. those are welded to the tower. in sure you can find aftermarket racks that swivel
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-05-2008, 5:44 PM Reply   
2. 400lb front bag Fly High Pro X with special fittings.

3. Yes - what you have is a partial Gravity III system. There is a manifold system with 3 12V DC solinoid valves that are installed on the discharge of the common fill pump. Additionaly the wires have to be run in bilge up to the fron pannel and install 3 switch control which will control the fill. To control the empty 2 more empty pumps are then located to each rear side and wired back to the switches. Oh yea add to bags. Not real hard but takes alot of time. Pro can do it in about 4 hr and a newbie about 14

4. http://www.roswellwakeair.com/content/view/41/71/
Roswell Swivel rack SI version are very reliable.

Your Moomba Dealer can get you everything you need
Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-05-2008, 6:22 PM Reply   
chris thankyou, do you think you could draw a diagram of the plumbing and placement of the pumps/solenoids?

What I think I want to do is not convert it to a gravity III but I want to just add two more bags to the current system in parrallel to the current bag

(Message edited by andy13 on April 05, 2008)
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-05-2008, 6:54 PM Reply   
No that will not work.
Old     (cab13367)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-06-2008, 12:01 AM Reply   
Andy,

I bought a 2006 LSV with the Gravity I and had the dealer upgrade it to a Gravity III for $795, the same price as if I had ordered it that way. They will install the necessary solenoid valves and individual switches for each bag. All three bags fill from one pump but each bag has it's own pump and thru the hull fitting to empty the bag. There's enough room in the rear lockers to add up to a 750# 20"x20"x50" in each one. I personally went with 400 lb bags in each rear locker (same as the front bag).
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-06-2008, 6:26 AM Reply   
Al C. Good post. Thanks for the pricing.
Old     (andy13)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-06-2008, 7:35 PM Reply   
thanks al c, my dealer quoted me for 1800 to 2000 to install it.
Old     (cab13367)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-07-2008, 1:00 AM Reply   
Yikes!! Guess I got a hell of a deal then. I'm a surprised that they are not willing to work with you any more than that if you haven't bought the boat yet. Suggest you make them an offer on the boat and make it contingent upon them installing the Gravity III at the factory option price.