Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (keithf)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-22-2011, 2:11 PM Reply   
Hi, if you are considering buying a Viking boat lift (www.vikingboatlift.com), be aware that unfortunately we, and others, have had a very poor experience with this company.

It has been nearly 15 months, since Viking Marine International received our US$4000 deposit, for a boat lift they promised to deliver and install in "4 to 6 weeks".

As of July 22 2011 we still don't have a boat lift.

We have send demands for our money back, but have not received that either.

See the full story here - http://myvikingboatliftexperience.blogspot.com

We hope this helps folks make informed buying decisions.

Safe boating! Keith - Supra 22 SSV
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       07-22-2011, 2:50 PM Reply   
Keith - so I'm sitting here eating a late lunch and scanning some posts on the ww board and checked out your night mare of a story. I cant claim to have read every gory detail but as I scanned your blog, I kept asking myself, why would you wait 15 months without getting some satisfaction. In most states it costs less than 100 bucks to file a small claims lawsuit. No attorneys are involved, and it they blow you off, you can get a default judgement and attach a lien in less than 30 days to any bank account they hold. Seems like this has become a part time hobby for ya. And honestly, I feel bad. Sux for sure.

But man... Take them to court and be done.

-Brian
Old     (keithf)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-22-2011, 6:23 PM Reply   
Hi Brian, I am in Texas. Viking Marine are in Canada.

US small claims court does not work cross-border.

Viking know this.....

My blog is to give folks a heads-up, otherwise they might end up in the same situation as myself.

Last edited by keithf; 07-22-2011 at 6:25 PM.
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       07-23-2011, 12:05 AM Reply   
Gotcha. Thats a tough spot. Maybe some of the canucks can chime in and see what it takes to sue cross boarder. I just helped an Australian do a small claims case here. Wasnt to hard. Really sorry to hear about your situation.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-23-2011, 8:59 AM Reply   
I'd have a hard time to not fly up there and get some satisfaction in person. I know it's additional time & expense, but I'd be livid.
Old     (stuey)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-23-2011, 10:22 AM Reply   
Hey Brian.. Im not in Ontario, but they have the same basic legal system as we have out here in BC. It's super easy to file in small claims court in Canada. Not sure how easy it would be to do remotely but you could prepare the documents and just find a Jr lawyer in their city to file it for you for a small fee. It would probably cost you less than $300 to file.

They always try to have a settlement conference which you could probably do over the phone as well.

Figure out exactly how to do it from Texas... then threaten Viking with legal action (whenver you can actually talk to them). If not... move forward with legal action. If they have been in business for as long as they say they have on their site, they are probably not going anywhere.
Old     (keithf)      Join Date: Jun 2010       01-02-2013, 5:34 PM Reply   
Happy New Year folks!

Just wanted to let you know that the Canadian Government just laid 30 charges against Viking Marine International - full details on my blog at http://myvikingboatliftexperience.blogspot.com

Safe boating all!
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-03-2013, 9:35 AM Reply   
Crazy story!

Good lookin out.

So was this a husband/wife team? I didn't seem to see her mentioned on the court papers. It would seem to explain why she was there the whole time knowing full well what was going on.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-03-2013, 9:48 AM Reply   
Unfortunatley your money is probably gone, but at least you can get satisfaction knowing they will have to pay for their con.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-03-2013, 10:02 AM Reply   
what made you go viking anyway?
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-04-2013, 7:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
what made you go viking anyway?
Cool name?