Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old    cryft            08-14-2003, 7:01 PM Reply   
Been looking at the Nice bindings, mostly the scarecrow, and it seems to me that the reviews posted are way too, well, nice. Almost made me think that someone with alot of stock in Nice decided to make them look good. But, are they really as great as they sound?
Old     (yeah_bud)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-14-2003, 7:05 PM Reply   
David, I've been looking at getting the Scarecrow bindings as well. I have not had a chance to ride them, but have talked with many people who say they are very compfy and very durable.

Does anyone know of any changes in the 04 Scarecrow bindings?
Old    pans210            08-14-2003, 8:31 PM Reply   
i have nice prs1, which are more like the 02 nice scarecrows. I have not been paid off to say these are the best bindings i have had. But they are the best. Super comfortable, and easy to get into.
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-15-2003, 8:13 AM Reply   
I had a pair of Obrien Ion's and it took me 10 minutes just to get them and 10 more to get out. Not to mention they killed my feet. I started thinking man this wakeboarding stuff is to big of a hassle. Thank God I bought the Nice PRS1. It saved me from quiting an awesome sport.

Get them you will love them.

Go to nicebinding.com they have a sell on the 02 scarecrows. But you can get the PRS1 at buywake.com for a better price.
Old    cryft            08-16-2003, 9:14 AM Reply   
Ok, thanks, good to know the reviews might be true.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       08-16-2003, 3:08 PM Reply   
I have a pair of Nice PRS1's,and I love them.Comfy and my foot stays in nice and snug.I bought the Truth binding for my daughter and she really likes them.Get them,you won't ride anything else.Oh yeah,if you let your friends ride them,you may not get them back.
Old     (taylor)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-18-2003, 3:46 AM Reply   
David, I'm with these guys, I too have the PRS1's and totally love them. I tried the Parks and Byerly bindings and finally decided on the Nice's. I was a bit hesitant as the were SO MUCH cheaper!!! I have ankle problems and I love the support the Nice bindings give. Great work Nice.
Old    yea_yea            08-18-2003, 4:42 PM Reply   
David, Up until recently I would have agreed with everyone. I have 02 scarecrows that I bought about mid season last year. They are super comfortably and easy to get into but lately I have been haveing problems with my ankles. And after wearing another pair of bindings (doubleup kranks) it feels like the nices have absolutley no ankle support. But it could just be that they are worn out. Does anyone else have this issue? I know that I will not ride in my scarecrows again.
Old     (yeah_bud)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-18-2003, 4:47 PM Reply   
I ordered some 03 scarecrows today. I hope that they support pretty well because I can really use the ankle support.
I bought them for 3 reasons.
Supposedly.
very compfy, Durable, can't beat the price.
Old    buckshot            08-18-2003, 6:55 PM Reply   
Hey Danny, have to agree with you on this one. Used the PRS1's several times and while they're really easy to get into, the ankle support just isn't there. (I normally use the Hyperlite Highbacks which have a lot more ankle support). Also, the tongue always seems to slide over to the side while I'm riding.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-18-2003, 8:45 PM Reply   
How well do the PRS1's hold your feet in? In my parks bindings, when i go for a frontroll, I always have problems with my rear foot coming out. I have a smaller size binding than what is recommended for my feet even. They look they would hold your feet in pretty good.
Old     (jjared)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-18-2003, 9:15 PM Reply   
I demo'd the PRS1's and I really like them accept for the cinch. The plastic tab that you pull on is really cheap and the string kept getting caught between the tab and the plastic. They should use last years cinch and it would be perfect.