Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (sppeders)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-20-2012, 7:39 AM Reply   
We use these on the exhaust of our sleds for afternoon snacks, install them on the exhaust. I'm wondering if the manifold on a boat would get hot enough to cook anything being it's water cooled.

Anyone install one of these on their boat for an afternoon snack out on the water?

http://www.amazon.com/Hot-Doggers-Ho.../dp/B0045LAGRC

I'm thinking the downslope on the riser would work best:

http://www.skidim.com/images/IndmarGMCarb.jpg

BTW, they make awesome Bratts!!!!!!
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-20-2012, 7:46 AM Reply   
Damn you catalytic converters!!!!!!!!!

I'm picking up my Axis A22 in a few weeks. If I can figure out a place on the LS3 to mount one of these, I'm buying one. Hands down the most awesome thing I've seen in a while.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       04-20-2012, 7:48 AM Reply   
that's awesome, might have to get one of those!
Old     (kybool)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-20-2012, 8:04 AM Reply   
I have one of these on my sled as well, never even thought about putting it on our boat but great idea! It doesn't take much to cook a hot dog, I bet it would work.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-20-2012, 8:20 AM Reply   
We have a buddy that just brings breakfast burritos out and wraps them in aluminum foil and places them on the motor.
Old     (Txjole)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-20-2012, 8:25 AM Reply   
Wonder if I could hook up a chicken rotisserie to my drive belt?
Old     (sppeders)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-20-2012, 8:32 AM Reply   
If you do do this, be sure to double/tripple wrap your bratts/ ribs what ever you heat up, in aluminum foil to make sure nothing leaks out.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-20-2012, 8:35 AM Reply   
You might be a redneck if........
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-20-2012, 8:39 AM Reply   
lol
Old     (sppeders)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-20-2012, 8:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
You might be a redneck if........
Love it!!! Definitely alot of redneck engineering on my stuff
Old     (andrewjet)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-20-2012, 8:51 AM Reply   
Hey what happened to the paint there?? Oh, thats just hotdog juice. lmao
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-20-2012, 11:51 PM Reply   
My neck is plenty red. I'm seriously considering one. Just gotta figure out where to mount it.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-21-2012, 8:36 PM Reply   
not gonna cook it like a skidoo will, I can always touch my boat exhaust manifolds but I would never touch the rotax exh manifold. I guess the boat might heat them up enough if you get the "fully cooked" type
Old     (spyderman)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-23-2012, 11:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bftskir View Post
not gonna cook it like a skidoo will, I can always touch my boat exhaust manifolds but I would never touch the rotax exh manifold. I guess the boat might heat them up enough if you get the "fully cooked" type
Agreed, snowmobile exhaust is coming out of the motor at 1200*F plus or minus a hundred with only 1/16" of steel between the hot dogger and the hot air. The boat exhaust is traveling through a water cooled jacketed manifold... It shouldn't be any hotter than 150*F or you probably have some other more serious problems...

You would be better off building a reflective box to mount under the windshield and have an open solar grill.

BTW, I prefer the muff pot as it is made of stainless steel - the aluminum hot dogger can be hard to clean with leaks. A couple hot pockets in the sled in the morning and I always have a piping hot lunch, and if it isn't ready yet, a few WOT pulls up a hill will get it done!
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       04-23-2012, 11:49 AM Reply   
hahaha you have got to be kidding me!
Old     (sppeders)      Join Date: Jul 2011       06-14-2012, 9:54 AM Reply   
You guys are right, after a long slalom run @ 4200 rpms, the manifolds were cool to the touch..... Nothing will cook on these.
Old     (miljack)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-14-2012, 11:25 AM Reply   
Wasn't there a Seinfeld episode where Kramer was cooking stuff in the engine compartment??
Old     (bhyatt_ohp)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-14-2012, 11:32 AM Reply   
This would easily cook 4-6 hotdogs at one time and plugs into a 12v acc outlet.

http://www.roadtrucker.com/12-volt-c...able-grill.htm
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-14-2012, 12:17 PM Reply   
yea, but thats boring!
Old     (bhyatt_ohp)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-14-2012, 12:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy44 View Post
yea, but thats boring!
Yeah, your right about that.

I suppose the same thing could be done with a good power inverter and a small george foreman grill too.
Old     (kamighazi)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-14-2012, 12:35 PM Reply   
i bought one, a few weeks ago. i thought is a brilliant idea. And with a prego, i'll spend $35 for a warm lunch and happy wife. its got plenty of seal to keep fumes out.

I mounted it on the exhaust manifold. kind of test ran it at idle with hotdogs and sandwich meat, it got warm. Pretty sure you need to have run the boat a good 4 sets to get it "piping" hot (<--pun!). I would not suggest trying uncooked anything in there!
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       06-14-2012, 12:47 PM Reply   
ive cooked a few on the intake manifold, jsut wrap in foil, and wedge it in there somewhere. 0 cost.
nothing new. my old man does this on his truck too.
Old     (kamighazi)      Join Date: Nov 2008       06-14-2012, 1:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang_killa_ss View Post
ive cooked a few on the intake manifold, jsut wrap in foil, and wedge it in there somewhere. 0 cost.
nothing new. my old man does this on his truck too.
Yup fair enough. just never ran through my tiny brain to do that. i will say i had to do a little selling to the ladies, to get it approved as not weird or nasty. maybe the enclosed box give it a bit more validity than tin foil [in their eyes].
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-17-2012, 4:54 PM Reply   
Dont drop hot dogs in your bilge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-17-2012, 6:45 PM Reply   
I have one on one of my snowmobiles. And they work great