Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (blowhole)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-17-2010, 3:28 PM Reply   
So got a bone contusion in my knee at the end of july havent ridden since and its still not better. Anyone else get this injury and how long does it really take? At PT they just said 'a long time' Never thought this injury would be as bad as it is.... If I broke a bone I'd be healed by now
Old     (JDubs)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-17-2010, 3:31 PM Reply   
It will feel better when it stops hurting.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-18-2010, 4:02 AM Reply   
I had a bone bruise in my Knee, probably took 18 months or so to heal up.
Old     (bhyatt_ohp)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-18-2010, 6:53 AM Reply   
I had a bone contusion in my left knee associated with the same accident that tore my ACL and meniscus. I was 8 months post op and my knee was still extremely tender, but i did ride with a brace. It took a solid year for it to start feeling 100% again. I associate the long recovery time with multiple tears and the contusion. I had 140cc's of fluid/blood drained off of my knee after injury. It was the most the doc said he had every seen from a person my size 5'8" 160lb.

If you haven't torn anything, wait till you start feeling better. It will take however long it takes. Listen to your body and give it time to heal. Bone contusions in the knee normally happen from hard impact and your femur/tibia bones mashing together. You may have torn some meniscus cartilage too. Did you have an MRI?
Old     (blowhole)      Join Date: Nov 2009       11-18-2010, 12:27 PM Reply   
yes, MRI was all negative
Old     (ponder86)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-18-2010, 12:35 PM Reply   
Depends on how deep/severe it is. I had one on my shin from playing soccer w/ out shin guards that lasted about 2 months before it was gone. It was only about a week and a half before I could play without pain. I would constantly push the swollen part down and try to push it out probably 5 times a day. You should still be able to ride with it if you have no damage to your meniscus or any ligaments. Just ease into it and you should be fine.