Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 24, 2008

Old     (movinfr8)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-11-2008, 12:11 PM Reply   
I have an 04 GG with the stock stereo...... I want to increase the bass output and want some suggestions on how I can do this without spending a bunch of bucks......

first idea I had was to swap out the kenwood sub for a JL and give it an amp only running the single sub instead of the 6 ch amp its on now....

I appreciate any suggestions you have tried that works.............
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-11-2008, 12:17 PM Reply   
What are the specs on the KW sub and 6chnl amp installed now? May be as simple as adding a single chnl amp that is a better match for the current sub.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-11-2008, 1:41 PM Reply   
Steve,
It is an open air sub right... putting it in a box and running an amp to it will help a ton too...
Old     (movinfr8)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-11-2008, 3:30 PM Reply   
TigeMike, I am not sure the specs, it was the stock amp and sub.....

Diggs, whats up, I saw you were emplyee of the century or something like that a few months back.....

Its the sub mounted under the steering wheel. I wasnt sure if I replaced it with a JL or put a box somewhere else which would be cheaper and easier to do..... Easier first Cheaper last....
Old     (sigmodes)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-11-2008, 3:37 PM Reply   
Build a vented enclosure if you have the space. It will increase your out put by 5 or 6 db.
Old     (kana12)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-11-2008, 4:03 PM Reply   
the human ear cant even hear a 3 db increase. has to be around 4 or 5 db to tell and then its not much.
Old    wiz            03-11-2008, 5:32 PM Reply   
i had a box built & put a 10" kicker in it with a kicker amp. it sounds great to me. if u wanna save money, just build a box for the sub you have. it'll sound 100 times better.
Old     (65sanford)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-12-2008, 5:55 AM Reply   
In my o3 that did not come with a sub, i built a box, attached an amp to the box and stuffed it behind the drivers kick panel--sounds great--the amp is just for sub--another amp runs the rest of the interior speakers
Old     (movinfr8)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-12-2008, 8:45 AM Reply   
Phil, Do you have any pictures, I was thinking of leaving the stock sub but adding a box w/10" JL & Mono amp (Amp next to original amp) behind the driver seat since it is empty space anyway.