Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (malibuohio)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-17-2005, 6:54 PM Reply   
Does practicing with the wakeskate really help with the raley? I figure you have to be pretty good on a wakeskate to be able to attempt a raley. Also, how closely related is a raley on the water to one on a trampoline. I have the Book and listened to their tips, but was wonder if anyone has had any firsthand experience? Thanks
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       07-17-2005, 8:11 PM Reply   
Do yourself a favor, try it on the wakeskate, until you get the feeling of being laid out, and pulling your feet ALL the way back underneath you. Try to land with your feet out in front of you, as if you were in the sit and reach stretch position... Do this, because the board, although it doesn't weigh much, does slow your feet down, when you start trying them strapped in.

You don't have to be any good on a wakeskate to try a raley. It was harder for me to cut out (on the wakeskate), and then cut in really hard, like you need to, for a raley. Once I strapped my board on, I could cut even harder, which gave me more pop, and more time... Which is a huge help.

Trampoline question: I learned the raley at the end of last summer. I can pull them consistently, all day long. Just the other day, I tried one on a trampoline, and couldn't do it. No matter what I tried, it never once felt anything like it does when you're on the water. Also, it's pretty dangerous to lay out like that, and then try to pull yourself in on a trampoline... Chances are, you're going to pull yourself too much, and eat it off the side... I don't speak from experience !

Let me know if you have any more questions. It's not a hard trick, but it takes a huge commitment to land one.

Good luck!

-Blake
Old     (face_smash)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-18-2005, 10:29 AM Reply   
If you can land Raley on the cable do you think there are similarities off the Wake???
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-06-2006, 10:14 PM Reply   
I'm trying both raleys and batwings and i cant do either off the boat.. but i can do em off the cable.. i cant tell which is easier off the boat though? but i do know that batwings are awesome on the trampoline.. but raleys arent..