Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old    bambamski            04-17-2005, 3:27 PM Reply   
Well after ordering my boat nearly 5 months ago I finally got the boat home where she belongs.

It wasn't with out difficulty though. Every boat I've brought home has been a little bit of a pain to get into the garage for the first time. After we figure out which hitch to use and angle it needs to go in it's clear sailing.

This boat was the biggest pain to get in yet. Changed three hitches and it didn't seem to make a difference in the height. Because of my angle the new MC tower doesn't fold down the greatest. I clipped the last part of the frame so I'll have to make some modifications to the door I guess. Had to chase some rift raft out of the boat a couple of times as well. You just can't leave anything on the street.

Old    bambamski            04-17-2005, 3:30 PM Reply   
some more

Old    bambamski            04-17-2005, 3:31 PM Reply   
Last one

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-17-2005, 3:35 PM Reply   
CONGRATS PAT!!!! Boat looks amazing.

Is that just a very dark red or metal flake?

E.J.
Old     (mx21)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-17-2005, 3:57 PM Reply   
GEEZ - It's April - take down those Christmas lights!

JK - Very nice!!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-17-2005, 4:16 PM Reply   
Very Sharp... Congrats!
Old    tenaciousd            04-17-2005, 4:40 PM Reply   
Nice looking boat. Like the color's. I just got my 05 X2 three weeks ago. very happy as well. I agree about the xmas lights.

Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-17-2005, 6:01 PM Reply   
NIICE Pat!!

did you hit your garage door with your new x-2?
Old    zboomer            04-18-2005, 7:07 AM Reply   
Congrats man! Nice ride. Why 5 months?
Old    bambamski            04-18-2005, 8:59 AM Reply   
EJ

I thought about getting the fleck but ended up going with the darker red. It's called pro tour red.

Glen, busted on the lights

Big Ed, yup I hit the garage door. YOu can count 4 different dings in the molding there. Over the years I've accumlated a bunch of different hitchs and I tried each one. They really didn't seem to make much of a difference though. The new tower folds backwards so when I'm backing the boat up the drive way the tower is higher because of the slope. We thought we'd make it on the last try but I clipped the last half inch and cracked the molding piece. Not a big deal, but I'll have to figure something out so I can get her out of the garage next week!

Boomer I ordered the boat back in Late October. Living in Calgary I didn't need the boat until April so the dealer just told MC they needed the boat completed by the middle of March. That way it didn't sit outside for 5 months in the snow.

I saw the X-80 finally as well up at the dealers shop. That thing is freaken enormous. The Twin engines are very cool. 150k out the door is what it sold for.

Old    lsupcar            04-18-2005, 9:14 AM Reply   
Pat, nice boat. What is the height of your garage door? Thanks. Bill Z
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-18-2005, 9:24 AM Reply   
Nice boat Pat.

I run into the same problem as you with the garage. My tower clears the bottom molding by about 1/2 inch. It sounds like you are hitting your molding. What if you flip the stinger over so that when you go into the garage the boat is level? It should take some of the slop out of the driveway if you raise the tounge. It will help in the transition from drive way to garage. At least that is my theory. Or you can let some air out of the trailer tires.
Old     (x_star05)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-18-2005, 9:50 AM Reply   
hahaha! Someone got RIPPED of paying 150k for an X-80 out the door!!!
Old    bambamski            04-18-2005, 9:52 AM Reply   
Bill Z, the height of the garage is the regular standard height. Somthing like 6"11 or 7 feet. Tower height folded down on a level surface is 6'10.5. I should have had an inch or so but the angle going in was too much.

I thought raising the height of the hitch would help a lot as well Face planter. The weird thing was it didn't. We have the F350 so the hitch is really high already, the first couple of dings in the molding was from a lower hitch I tried to use. It probably varied the height about 6 inches or so from the hitch and the tower would pretty much hit in the same spot each time.

Saying that I'm not very mechanical is kind of an understatement so any suggestions of what to do would be great.

What I was thinking was to just take an 8 foot section and cut about an inch out of the molding. The garage won't seal but that doesn't matter to me during the summer. In the winter I don't keep the boat in there so I could just tack up a board in there with the weather stripping to seal for the winter? Does that make sense? Anyone think of anything better?
Old    bambamski            04-18-2005, 9:54 AM Reply   
That's 150k cdn, about 120 u.s.
Old     (x_star05)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-18-2005, 9:59 AM Reply   
oh.. that sounds MUCH better!
Old    zboomer            04-18-2005, 12:12 PM Reply   
Yeah, that makes a big difference. $120k is pocket change, $150k's a lot of money!

Old    vtskibum            04-18-2005, 12:32 PM Reply   
Anyone else find it funny Ryan is critizing pricing??
Old     (mobiusguy)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-18-2005, 1:24 PM Reply   
Actually, Ryan just told me his dad will transfer that $120,000 into Ryan's bank account so he can have two blinged-out boats for the summer!

hahahahaha
Just kidding - Nobody get their panties in a wad!!
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-18-2005, 1:53 PM Reply   
Let out some air in the tires or take the molding off and call it good. If it where me the molding would be coming off. That sucks not matter how you figure it.
Old    grud8            04-18-2005, 3:15 PM Reply   
I'm shocked that Ryan even has the balls to post comments anymore. What an idiot!!!
Old     (x_star05)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-18-2005, 3:47 PM Reply   
good... you should be shocked! im still here!
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-18-2005, 8:12 PM Reply   
Pat ~ How is the boat??
Old    bambamski            04-18-2005, 8:41 PM Reply   
Ed, the boat's perfect, can hardly wait to take her out this Saturday to start the break in. The boat comes from the factory and dealer with 1 hour on it.

The Owners manual says I have to go another 5 hours without towing a boarder and not to go over 4000 rpm's.

I was going through the glove compartment and there was a temp gauge and speed gauge for the paddle wheel? I'm not sure what it is?

Face Planter, we probably take the boat in and out of the garage 40 times during the summer so letting the air out would be way too much work.

Big Ed, where are your amps mounted? I need to install two amps and there looks like there is a good space in the storage compartment under the Dash. Do you have any pics of how the amps are mounted? Also trying to figure out how the sub will go in. I think I'll just pay someone to put that in for me. There's not a lot of room for a box in there.
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-18-2005, 8:53 PM Reply   
Pat... even though your from Cowtown (spit) (if you watch corner gas youll get it if not ignore it ) i may have to make a trip down there a trip this summer (or if i go visist granny in Canmore we may have to hook up for a pull behind a real boat

and letting the air out of the tires is probably the best idea... if you dont have an air compresser you could pick one up at canadian tire for under $200 and trust me when i say it will be the most usefull purchase youll ever make

i just wish i had some spare change kicking around to buy a boat... what did you do with the old x-10?