Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-22-2008, 11:07 AM Reply   
Ok, I'm tired of my struggle against fully understanding how to alleviate rope tension and it's time to make a change! I've been riding for a LONG time (14 years or so) and can do most of the basic inverts. My problem though comes now that I'm trying to step up my spinning game.

I've been doing TS 3's for a long time, but I just got back into trying HS 3's in the last couple of years. If any of you have read my "HS 3's Suck!" thread in the trick tips forum, then you know my frustration!

The short of it is that I just don't think I have good technique for advancing myself towards the the boat for spins. Yes, I can land HS and TS 3's but they aren't near as consistent as I think they should be plus my technique has made it hard for me to take them to 5's.

Here is an example of my HS 3.

I try to use a drift edge which seems to be correct from just about everything I had ever heard about spinning. It's strange though because lately I'm getting more people saying they just use a short progressive edge for spinning. The other thing a lot of people don't talk about is their handle position on their cut and when they pull on the handle to spin. Lots of people say pop, pull, pass with both hands, but if you pause some videos the majority of people have already released one hand at the top of the wake.

For me I just feel I'm having to work too hard to spin. Keeping the handle in tight to my waist on my cut just wears me out. When I talk to others they say they don't feel like they have to muscle it much, but I always feel like I have to jerk the crap out of the handle to make a pass.

So does anybody have different insight on how I could change my edge, handle position, pulling timing, body position, etc? Also, what are you thinking about coming off the wake...pass first, turn my head into the spin, keep looking ahead until I've advanced myself towards the boat...what? Obviously I'd like to say to myself don't think about it too much, but that isn't working!