Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2003, 3:41 AM Reply   
Does anybody know how long Parks is gonna be in Myrtle Beach?? I'm flying there that Friday June 20th (the day after he's supposed to be there) to visit my cousin and I was hoping he would be there at least another day.
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-10-2003, 6:08 AM Reply   
I don't think he'll be there. They are supposed to be here in NC doing a demo/clinic at Hyco Lake put on by Switchstance on the 21st and at a cookout on the night of the 20th !!!
Old    damnation            06-10-2003, 6:12 AM Reply   
Cary, what's the skinny on the hyco thing? How come I didn't hear about it? I guess I just did :-). Anyway, we have a trip to Lake Anna scheduled that weekend, but maybe we should switch that to Hyco. Let me know what's up. Anyone camping?
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-10-2003, 8:03 AM Reply   
Yeah there is some camping going on. Get on EORG and there is some more info. The cookout is for SwitchStance new store Grand Opening on that Friday night in Burlington, then the demo etc... is at Hyco on Saturday. I have an INT tourney that Sunday on the other end of the state so I won't be able to make it for this gathering :-(

Melanie is calling it the SwitchStance Summer Slumber Slam, lol !!!

BTW, Bill is having a Kampus wakeskate demo/clinic this Sunday at Hyco. I am planning on trying to head up for that. Joshua Steele will be there with skates, 313 shoes, SL ropes, etc...
Old    damnation            06-10-2003, 8:24 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info Cary. I should check out the EORG site more frequently.

Hopefully it doesn't turn into the Switchstance Summer Swampout Slam (ya know b/c of the rain).
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-10-2003, 9:40 PM Reply   
Got enough board racks there Dave? Way cool. Tell me about the ones mounted at the back.

Cary are going to miss the Friday thing in Burlington or just the demo on Saturday? I may go on Friday, not sure yet.
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-11-2003, 5:37 AM Reply   
I think I'm gonna miss both days :-(

Overton's is bringing in Nunn, Copeland, Rodgers, and some others to come ride on the Overton's private lakes that Friday night, and it is only about 45 min away from my house, so I'll probably go check that out. Can't miss an opportunity to see Emily again ;-)

I'll probably just chill on Saturday and ride locally. I really want to go see the HL demo with Parks, Sharpe, etc, but it is alot of driving in one weekend. With that being two hours north of my house and the INT Sunday being 1.5+ hrs south of my house. Who knows yet though !?!?
Old    damnation            06-11-2003, 5:49 AM Reply   
Greg, the racks on the back are mounted through the gunwale and really help keep the boards off the sun deck (you know, some boards bleed). They are the regular Skylon Racks and work great.