Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (RonBurgundy)      Join Date: Jun 2012       04-30-2013, 1:52 PM Reply   
WOrking with a '12 Snager V215 and the current prop on it is an ACME 537. Walters V-drive is 1:1.5 and im getting a couple reccomendations on ACME vs OJ. Altitude is usually around 1000' above sea level

537 Specs
-13.5"
-pitch - 16
-cup - .105

ACME says go to the 1631 as it will give me a decent improvement on holeshot but still allow for a minimal loss on top end
-13.5"
-pitch - 14.25
-cup - .150

OJ says the real way to gain holeshot and not lose top-end is to increase diameter, which i cannot do because of my hull shape. He reccomended to simply decrease pitch a bit but if i went any lower than 15 i would lose a ton off the top end

-13.5"
-pitch - 15"
-cup - .105

My main question is if anyone with experience (never messed with diff props) can give me their opinion. The acme team at least acknowledges that the cup size should help in the top speed department and minimize any loss.....OJ makes me feel like it s alost cause unless i dont care about losing a ton up top.

in reality we ride 10-15 minutes from the dock and spend the majority of our time wakeboarding at 20-23mph. Trying to figure out if changing out is a total waste. seems like getting on plane is a tad difficult when we are loaded with ballast, people, and pulling a 220lb+ rider.