Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 23, 2009

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (newchicago)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-30-2008, 9:26 AM Reply   
I have unfortunately joined the torn ACL club that I know many of you are members of too.

I'm trying to decide between the 3 repairs: Patella, Hamstring, or Allograft.

I have read many of the previous threads, but haven't seen a clear favorite (maybe because there isn't one). However, I was hoping that those of you that have had an ACL repair can post some data so that I can make an informed decision (and maybe it will help others too).

1. Could you post your age (being the very advanced age of 43, I want to be realistic about the 19 year old who is back riding in 4 months).

2. When did you have the surgery and which of the 3 you had.

3. How long until normal walking?
4. How long until normal riding?

5. Any on-going issues? I am most concerned with knee pain from a patella tendon graft.

6. Any complications?

If there is something else that you feel is relevant, I'd love to hear it.

Many might think I'm nuts to make this decision this way, but I think there is a depth of knowledge here that you won't find most places (unfortunately).

Thanks for any help!