Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 25, 2006

Old    rskilli2            04-24-2006, 3:33 PM Reply   
I have a friend that wants to get a wake board. I just bought a 06 CWB Flame and he say's it is to agressive for him. Can you tell me what board would be good for him.

Thanks
Old     (wakeboarder84)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-24-2006, 5:29 PM Reply   
your gonna need ALOT more details about this feller than just "he wants something less aggressive".
Old    rskilli2            04-24-2006, 6:14 PM Reply   
well his weight is about 160 and he is 5 foot 7 and he is a begginer like my self this is our second season. I know that the flame tracks very well and he like a more loose feel. I hope that is enough information.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-24-2006, 8:23 PM Reply   
RSkill - I think the flame have removable fins? You may want to something as simple as removing the center fin between sets if it's your only board... Other than that DEMO if you have shops in the area or marina welcomne / demo days.

Lzy
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-24-2006, 8:30 PM Reply   
You might try an 05 LF Evo, or this years Stance.

The Premier is also a board to look at.

Best thing to do is demo some boards and find out what works for you.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-24-2006, 11:32 PM Reply   
Seriously have him try your flame finless. That or try the CWB Factor, its an old Prodigy shape witha removable center fin and deep molded side fins, a lot of the CWB riders rock it because its a great shape.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       04-25-2006, 8:01 AM Reply   
Ya have him stick with CWB. If he wants a true beginner board then he should demo the Sol with the Torq hinge techs. That combo runs for in the 350.00 range for the board and the bindings and its a great beginner board and has been for years.