Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-15-2010, 10:14 AM Reply   
Hey guys. I sold my lyman and am getting a 2009 one with 09 cells. What should I expect from this transition? thanks
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       06-15-2010, 10:21 AM Reply   
The One will not be as fast. Has great pop.

The Cells are great. You will love them.
Old     (bmr82)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-15-2010, 10:46 AM Reply   
one is locked in, not loose like the lyman. I switched from the one TO the lyman. That will be a nice set up. Landings are going to be a little harder as well.
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-15-2010, 10:54 AM Reply   
I liked my old 08 murray because it was locked in...don't get me wrong I loved the lyman. But it just wasn't my style of riding.
Old     (jcfox00)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-15-2010, 11:17 AM Reply   
I think you will like the transition, I heard some talk about taking a while to get used to the one's pop, but I love it the 3 stage rocker it has, as I am a wake to wake rider and rarely take tricks to the flats due to my ACL replacement a few years back. I do I'm just a little more aware of it. Let us know how it turns out.
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-15-2010, 11:32 AM Reply   
I rarely go into the flats as it is...my knees cant take it after playing catcher all 4 years in high school without knee savers...i am hoping that this transition goes according to plan haha
Old     (kent_harmon)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-15-2010, 12:50 PM Reply   
Your gonna love the One dude. My bro bought one at the begining of the season and i pretty much just ride that board now. The thing throws you straight up and it is light. Your gonna dig it!
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-15-2010, 1:23 PM Reply   
I just got a 2010 One... have only ridden it once so far and that was on a demo right after I tried the Lyman. I picked the One because of what others have already said... light weight and super locked in feel. I didn't like the loose feel of the Lyman.
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-15-2010, 6:55 PM Reply   
sounds like it is the kinda board i have been lookin for! thanks for the comparisons guys! Ill give ya'll an update (if i can) when i get on it next week
Old     (tchs22)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-26-2010, 9:01 PM Reply   
Ok guys back from the lake and I must say that I LOVE the One board! My first set I was getting frustrated because I was getting inconsistent pop. But on my second run after i figured out how to get that board locked in....shoot......I landed 2 backrolls in a row ( which I never landed one with Lyman), Pulled off a few grabs and did 360s with grabs for first time ever....and I have to say guys....The One is really locked in! once you set it on edge it gets some speed! and freaking pops like no other board I have owned...It is actually better than the Murray I rode back in 08-09. I have to say that I love the One and Ronix really outdid themselves!!
Old     (dan_lorenze)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-28-2010, 12:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchs22 View Post
I liked my old 08 murray because it was locked in...don't get me wrong I loved the lyman. But it just wasn't my style of riding.
I have both boards (08 Murray, 09 Lyman) and totally agree with you! The Lyman is an awesome board for the advaced guys, but not me... Murray holds better and I need that at my level.. One of my buddies who is a great WB'r loved the Lyman over anything he's ridden...