Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ski24_7)      Join Date: May 2006       04-23-2007, 9:37 PM Reply   
to buy a new surf board. I am 16years old and weigh 150 fairly athletic. My ability is probably intermediat. i can surf and carve well without the rope and can pull back after fadding out, but am pretty new in the tricks devision, however i want a board that i can still use in the next years to come when i become much better. I currently have the Shred Stix Stixtreme board which i love but i want a small more agile board for doing spins, airing out, and still being able to carve on somewhat. Which brands specialize more in trick specific boards and what are some model names? I am a fan of smaller more custom hand built companies also. thank you very much for any advice
Old    surfdad            04-24-2007, 6:22 AM Reply   
You might be interested in the Shred Stixx Piranha. Jerry can also can get custom designs done for folks - he's making me a longboard.

For another option, Mike Walker at www.thewalkerproject.com IMO makes the best custom boards including airbrushing:

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/439929.html?1177380984

Upload
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       04-24-2007, 6:29 AM Reply   
The Walker Projest Composite X
http://www.thewalkerproject.com
Old     (ski24_7)      Join Date: May 2006       04-24-2007, 5:06 PM Reply   
Ok Thanks. A few more questions...is the inland surfer orange a good fun board? What about the inlands surfer yellow? Also the xbc skate?
Old    surfdad            04-24-2007, 6:04 PM Reply   
I don't believe that the Inland Orange is available at retail any longer. Last year I was talking with Gary of XBC before he sold to Jon, anyway...Gary was talking about discounting the skate. You might want to check with Jon to see if the Skate is still available. If you are interested in a bidirectional board, there is always the Trick Boardz line.

The Inland Yellow is a fun board. :-)
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-24-2007, 6:30 PM Reply   
i can not get mike walker on the phone, i have tried again and again, i wan't to order a new board
Old    surfdad            04-24-2007, 7:12 PM Reply   
LOL, surf must be good :-) - get in touch with Dennis, he's the NorCal Rep for the Walker Project...he'll set you up.
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       04-24-2007, 7:16 PM Reply   
I have sent you an e-mail.
Dennis
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-24-2007, 7:17 PM Reply   
I like the Yellow way more that the Orange. For me the Yellow was much faster than the Orange.

The Walker board should be an amazing ride for someone your size.
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-24-2007, 7:57 PM Reply   
thanks dennis, looking forward to working with you and mike
Old     (ski24_7)      Join Date: May 2006       04-24-2007, 8:00 PM Reply   
sweet. sounds like everyone really likes the wlaker boards but im still kind of interested in a bidirectiolal board. Ive never even riden one so can someone fill in the blanks for me? Are they capable of carving? What do they feel like to ride?
Old     (ski24_7)      Join Date: May 2006       04-26-2007, 6:59 PM Reply   
ok so now my friend who has ample experience has somewhat convinced me to get a small surfstyle board first then move on the skimmers latter so ive been looking in that categorie. I really want to do surface tricks as well as areil. Whats the board for that?
Old     (dennish)      Join Date: May 2005       04-26-2007, 7:09 PM Reply   
The Walker Project Composite X 4.5 is a hybrid that spins well, shuvits are possible and be able to shuv out and gets air. This board is a happy medium between surf and skim. It is also handmade in the USA.