Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 01, 2005

Old    moonunit            03-05-2005, 7:33 PM Reply   
Rode Naci last Sunday, not a single boat on the water, and man was it full. But warning, it was damn cold, low 50's for sure, I was chilly in my 4/3 fullsuit. But the narrows is super clean, no debris, and REALLY WIDE (for the narrows). Rode a Roam 144 for the first time, it was weird, but super fun, loose, and interesting pop, super soft landings, cant wait to get out there some more. Here is some pics.

Old    moonunit            03-05-2005, 7:34 PM Reply   
Another, in the narrows...

Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-06-2005, 1:51 AM Reply   
Wow, that water looks way too rough to ride on. I don't know how you guys put up with that. yeah cold water is always somethin you'll have to deal with especially this time of year. glad you guys had fun.
Old    hyperryd            03-06-2005, 10:19 PM Reply   
We rode Naci today. 58 degree water, 70 degree air temp. It is damn full, which is nice since last year it was sooooooo empty. Alot of debris, but once you got through a few floating lumber yards it was beautiful.
Old    grampawakerider            03-07-2005, 8:34 PM Reply   
I was there three weeks ago.....super time....here's a quick pic for ya of my son.

sorry bout the low quality....wife was operating the video cam and I took the pic from that

(Message edited by grampawakerider on March 07, 2005)
Old    penny4urthots            03-08-2005, 12:35 AM Reply   
Props to the polar bears... I am still trying to cough up my NADS from last winter. I am stoked to finally see some water in that mud hole. FYI Anderson is soooooo dope at the moment it should be illegal.
Old     (rediro2h)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-08-2005, 2:48 PM Reply   
Rode at Naci on sunday, water was excellent, but the boat broke down, we rowed half way back to the marina from the slalom course using wakeboards and two crutches as oars. Props to the pontoon boat that finally towed us the rest of the way back. Broken boats suck.
Old    hyperryd            03-08-2005, 8:38 PM Reply   
Ryan, too bad we didn't see you, we would have helped. We rode Las Tablas (sp) all day. We were in a blue and grey 23' B-52.
Old    penny4urthots            03-08-2005, 9:32 PM Reply   
breaking down sucks in the summer when u have tons of ppl to help you. In the winter it straight blows goats, I feel your pain....

If you like to ride I suggest you DO NOT miss some insane riding happening April 2nd... You will literally kick yourself if you do, trust me. It will be NORTH of Naci and VERY much worth the drive of 1.5 hours. PM on this thread if you are interested in the loot at the end of the rainbow.
Old     (nlitworld)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-08-2005, 9:33 PM Reply   
Ryan, I know exactly how you felt with a broken down boat. Ours pooped out on us probably 3 times last year, all because of the same motor to outdrive shaft problem. Rowing a good sized boat like that really sucks bigtime, especially if it's for long distances.
Old     (rediro2h)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-09-2005, 4:10 PM Reply   
ya, it sucked but we had a good time of it, pretended to be pirates and stuff. Took it into extreme Marine yesterday, hopefully I'll get it back soon. I have finals next week (at Poly) then I'm going to Havasu for the college tourney then houseboating on powell for a spring break.
Old    moonunit            03-09-2005, 6:00 PM Reply   
I'm hitting NACI this weekend, hope to score some good (but cold) water again. Sorry to hear about your boat Ryan, sounds like a few stories I hear about Kenny in Amborne's boat!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-09-2005, 8:25 PM Reply   
Uhoh let's not get ol blue involved! There are too many stories of that poor girl. Ryan, who looks silly now, ha I got all kinds of homework done!
Old     (jrad)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-09-2005, 9:23 PM Reply   
oh ya, well because im such a ninja, when my boat broke down, because of no gas, I ran all the way across the water from the slalom course back to the marina and got gas for my boat. Wake Ninja style. haha
Old     (rediro2h)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-09-2005, 10:51 PM Reply   
Dude...you're not one of those infamous wake ninjas I've heard so much about are you????

Suposedly they have divine ninja style. I heard they get up before the sun and glissade across the buttery mists of lopez on an eternal trek for the most poked out grab. I'd really like to meet one someday but some say they're an ancient sect whose remnants are kept secret to protect the inland waterways of the earth. Its a mystery whether they really exist or not, a few alienated fisherman tell stories of seeing boned out nuclear backside threes floated off a double above the morning fog. Who knows if they're real or myth, but either way the legend of the Wake Ninjas will likely outlast the ages.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-10-2005, 12:15 PM Reply   
.... and Ryan doesn't do drugs...go figure....
Old    moonunit            03-11-2005, 4:46 PM Reply   
....but I heard he does Dickman on occasion....