Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old    bobbymucic            07-12-2004, 4:21 PM Reply   
I found some info on the web, but I am wondering if anyone here has some experience with boating and/or camping up there.

I have a free weekend coming up, and need to decide on the location. Naci, or Success instead of the usual BV?

Thanks
Old    tclagggym            07-12-2004, 10:07 PM Reply   
If you are talking about Lake Success above Porterville, don't waste your time. It is really small.
Old    bobbymucic            07-12-2004, 10:46 PM Reply   
I thought I read 2400 surface acres...about the same as castaic.
BV is only 1000 surface acres.

Is it just small compared to shasta and naci?
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-12-2004, 10:51 PM Reply   
It just depends on how much water is in the lake now. You can usually find good water on the west side of the lake, and up against the dam on the south side. Haven't been up there yet this year, so I can't tell you what the water level is like. Its deep and always warm. www.westsidewakeboard.com
Old    bobbymucic            07-12-2004, 10:59 PM Reply   
thanks Brandon!
Old    bobbymucic            07-13-2004, 10:37 AM Reply   
I just called the army corp of engineers that run the lake. It is about 1500 surface acres right now due to the water level dropping.

Brandon, could you offer some opinions based on your experience?

At which lake would you prefer to spend a weekend camping: BV, Naci, or Success? It will be just a few guys going, so ammenities are not a big deal. Thanks
Old    dwe            07-18-2004, 12:20 PM Reply   
Bobby,

We went there once several years ago, in August if I remember correctly. It was a mud hole. I'd say if you go have a plan B in mind.

Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-18-2004, 2:57 PM Reply   
Bobby,

I would say Naci would definately be a better choice. If you live near by, success might not be bad for the day but I wouldnt recommend traveling all that way to go to there (looks like your coming from down south). Naci has a nice set up for camping and is bigger.}