Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       11-19-2013, 9:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger View Post
Ever since I was on the beach with my gal and some muscled meat head came and kicked sand in my face and done stole my girl. I then called my buddy Charles and I worked out and got some big muscles then went and kicked sand back in that guys face and got my girl back. Low reps for big gains.
Stole your sister back from the meathead? Was she in Mexico?
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       11-19-2013, 10:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
Stole your sister back from the meathead? Was she in Mexico?
Guess you don't get the reference:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Atlas
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-19-2013, 10:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
I guess the question is do they even still make the Vette in the USA or do they build them in Mexico or something?
The Corvette has never been made outside the US. It is currently made in Bowling Green, Kentucky. The LT1 in the '14 Corvette is made in Buffalo, New York.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       11-19-2013, 4:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrousbird View Post
The Corvette has never been made outside the US. It is currently made in Bowling Green, Kentucky. The LT1 in the '14 Corvette is made in Buffalo, New York.
I think he was referring to where the parts are made, not so much where those parts are assembled.
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-19-2013, 4:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixable View Post
I think he was referring to where the parts are made, not so much where those parts are assembled.
He referred to where they are built, not where the parts are sourced (which, like most vehicles, are sourced all over - both domestic and foreign). You build things with parts.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       11-19-2013, 5:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrousbird View Post
He referred to where they are built, not where the parts are sourced (which, like most vehicles, are sourced all over - both domestic and foreign). You build things with parts.
I was referring to the duality of the corvette, made in the USA by Mexico, where union made once meant something great, now just means a bunch of overpaid whiners making a much lesser product than can be made in Japan or China (or Mexico).
Old     (rickB52)      Join Date: Mar 2012       11-19-2013, 6:12 PM Reply   
what was this thread about again. not sure I can read all the off topic post to determine………...
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       11-19-2013, 8:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttime41 View Post
Haha I really do enjoy your comments jet
Glad you "get" me. Check out the Supra thread for more of my hilarity.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       11-19-2013, 8:55 PM Reply   
They are having a huge debate over MC v. G21 on TeamTalk...might almost be time for the ol' JetRanger to create an account over there...
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-20-2013, 4:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
I was referring to the duality of the corvette, made in the USA by Mexico, where union made once meant something great, now just means a bunch of overpaid whiners making a much lesser product than can be made in Japan or China (or Mexico).
Except that doesn't make any sense, since the Corvette has never been made outside of the USA. Nor are most of its major components made/assembled outside of the USA. It is probably one of the most American made cars currently manufactured.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-20-2013, 6:08 PM Reply   
What does a Nautique have to do with a Corvette?
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-20-2013, 6:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
What does a Nautique have to do with a Corvette?
They are boat too expensive for me. Dream big.
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       11-20-2013, 7:39 PM Reply   
Yes Tim....agreed......but....you can get a brand spanking new vette for fifty......and a new g25 is like what?? 150? That's a dream home for a lot of folks I learned to wakeboard on a 5000dollar HydroSports bass boat....man.....look at where we are now. 5 k doesn't even buy the radio....lol
Old     (axxxiswake)      Join Date: Jun 2013       11-21-2013, 5:24 AM Reply   
I put a pretty awesome stereo on my boat for ~$2k
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       11-21-2013, 5:55 AM Reply   
What stereo do you have? I'm 3 grand deep in mine and really need to sink another 3k deep in it to get it where I want it.
Old     (theshop)      Join Date: Aug 2010       12-06-2013, 1:21 PM Reply   
I usually try and stay out of all the BS that goes with new boat releases and sticker price disapointment. I agree with what Eric R. said, go out and do your homework and test ride all the boats. But my biggest issue I have with customers is not compairing apples to apples.
The G series is not like any other boat on the market, Period! The G21 to the G23 is identical, except a few less feet of fiber glass and interior. You can't expect a full size, 4 door, SHORT bed, loaded silverado to be half the price of the identcal truck that has a LONG bed. All the G's run identacal equipment, technology, ballast, quality, and performance. $10-15k cheaper is a bargain. If you want a cheaper 21', that's what the 210 is for (it happens to be all new this year as well). The G's are straight up the only boat on the market where any Pro rider can run them stock and still throw down the toughest tricks around (wake or Surf). To be able to put out there performace, they are bigger, deeper, and heavier than other boats there size. The G is designed for riders who are tired of adding tons of extra ballast, having the wake curl when people are over loaded on one side, having to go through a manual every time you want to switch riders on the screen, or rearrange the entire boat to go from surf to wake (30 min time frame on every other boat I've owned beside the G).
If it's to heavy, won't fit in your garage, the price seams like a rip off, or what ever your complaint is. Then your not as passionate about it or not as hard core as you say you are. Or your in my possition, it's the best boat, wake, and quality on the market.... You just can't afford it. I kiss my customers but, offer free lessons and gas money just to ride on there G's. I can do a run behind my SAN 230, my neighbors Xstar, my best friends 23LSV that would make most people think this is all the boat they need. But when they drive a G, see a pro ride behind a G, and then see a G stand up with to over a1,000 hrs on it of hard riding, the price seems OK.
I know guys with multiple private planes running G23's and I've seen guys with 1990 chevy trucks pulling a G. Malibu and Mastercraft are known for being an elite boat and people tend to brag more about there boats name; then over there riding or boats quality. If your gonna compair Malibu, Master craft, Tige, Supra, MB, Sanger (all great boats, I've been on every make and model boat on the market) to Nautique lets talk 200, 210, 226, 230, ect. Tige is the only one who has something in the G's playing field.
Everyone needs to get back to the Passion of being on the water and having fun with their family, buddies, and fellow riders. I can keep going on and on about all these topics. But I will stand behind a boat company that is truely rider owned, built in USA, has integrity, and supports every rider rich or poor! Nautique contnues to poor money into the cable industry to keep it affordable for everyone to ride on the water. And yes Nautique has boats brand new starting in the $70k range... Aples to Apples though! I'm also not saying that every manufacture sucks besides Nautique. I love anything with a tower, ballast, and people out having fun on the water. But there is a reason why Nautique holds more world records, have the most award winning company, the best wake and ski team, they're dealers have the highest reputations, and there boats hold the highest resale value over any of there competition.
Do your Homework before you buy and check your local dealer's reputation!
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       12-07-2013, 3:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshop View Post
I usually try and stay out of all the BS that goes with new boat releases and sticker price disapointment. I agree with what Eric R. said, go out and do your homework and test ride all the boats. But my biggest issue I have with customers is not compairing apples to apples.
The G series is not like any other boat on the market, Period! The G21 to the G23 is identical, except a few less feet of fiber glass and interior. You can't expect a full size, 4 door, SHORT bed, loaded silverado to be half the price of the identcal truck that has a LONG bed. All the G's run identacal equipment, technology, ballast, quality, and performance. $10-15k cheaper is a bargain. If you want a cheaper 21', that's what the 210 is for (it happens to be all new this year as well). The G's are straight up the only boat on the market where any Pro rider can run them stock and still throw down the toughest tricks around (wake or Surf). To be able to put out there performace, they are bigger, deeper, and heavier than other boats there size. The G is designed for riders who are tired of adding tons of extra ballast, having the wake curl when people are over loaded on one side, having to go through a manual every time you want to switch riders on the screen, or rearrange the entire boat to go from surf to wake (30 min time frame on every other boat I've owned beside the G).
If it's to heavy, won't fit in your garage, the price seams like a rip off, or what ever your complaint is. Then your not as passionate about it or not as hard core as you say you are. Or your in my possition, it's the best boat, wake, and quality on the market.... You just can't afford it. I kiss my customers but, offer free lessons and gas money just to ride on there G's. I can do a run behind my SAN 230, my neighbors Xstar, my best friends 23LSV that would make most people think this is all the boat they need. But when they drive a G, see a pro ride behind a G, and then see a G stand up with to over a1,000 hrs on it of hard riding, the price seems OK.
I know guys with multiple private planes running G23's and I've seen guys with 1990 chevy trucks pulling a G. Malibu and Mastercraft are known for being an elite boat and people tend to brag more about there boats name; then over there riding or boats quality. If your gonna compair Malibu, Master craft, Tige, Supra, MB, Sanger (all great boats, I've been on every make and model boat on the market) to Nautique lets talk 200, 210, 226, 230, ect. Tige is the only one who has something in the G's playing field.
Everyone needs to get back to the Passion of being on the water and having fun with their family, buddies, and fellow riders. I can keep going on and on about all these topics. But I will stand behind a boat company that is truely rider owned, built in USA, has integrity, and supports every rider rich or poor! Nautique contnues to poor money into the cable industry to keep it affordable for everyone to ride on the water. And yes Nautique has boats brand new starting in the $70k range... Aples to Apples though! I'm also not saying that every manufacture sucks besides Nautique. I love anything with a tower, ballast, and people out having fun on the water. But there is a reason why Nautique holds more world records, have the most award winning company, the best wake and ski team, they're dealers have the highest reputations, and there boats hold the highest resale value over any of there competition.
Do your Homework before you buy and check your local dealer's reputation!
Yes, the Tige G21 is best boat since the Nautique ASR. Like if Brad Pitt and Jesus had a baby and that baby was a boat it would be a G21.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-07-2013, 5:18 AM Reply   
Ricky, you need to stop drinking so much cherry Kool-Aid
Yes, the G23-21 has an awesome wake, lets just leave it at that
Old     (RideGull)      Join Date: Apr 2012       12-07-2013, 7:08 AM Reply   
love how the response is always "stop drinking kool aid" to every post about the G series being superior.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       12-07-2013, 7:19 AM Reply   
His profile says he is sponsored by Nautique. So I would guess he is paid to say that and that its not a true unbiased opinion.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       12-07-2013, 8:05 AM Reply   
It's a well known fact that the best wake in the 21-22' category is the X25.

The best wake in the 23'1"-24'11" category is XStar.

G23 rules the 23' category no doubt.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-07-2013, 9:07 AM Reply   
Look at any picture or video of a G and the wake is always good. Amazing actually. They don't 'hide" the wake. Now go and find a bunch of wakeboard wake pics and videos of Tiges.... unless it's going 10MPh with a surfboard, they are tough to find. When I was looking at the Z3 (which at the time they claimed it was their best wakeboard boat), it was mostly surf pics (which makes sense now that they have the ASR and they can sell the Z3 and mainly a surf boat).

I really don't understand why the builders of these 100k wake machines don't go more out of their way to showcase the actual wake they produce rather than the mesh seats, fast ballast systems and touchscreens.
Old     (theshop)      Join Date: Aug 2010       12-07-2013, 3:45 PM Reply   
Not sure what the cherry koolaid is about. Must be a MC inside. Lol. My opions are based off what I've expirenced by either owning every manufacturer or spending time on customers boats through my school. I don't get payed by Nautique, I can get a good deal on a Nautique through the dealership I work for, but still can't afford one. I actually own a MC X-7, and my dad rocks an older malibu. The truth of the matter is I tell every customer to stay away from Forums because you have reps, saleman, and unbiased opions on them. Like I said before and I tell customers and friends now. Go ride them all and get what you like best and feels is the best. Not what people who have only owned 1 boat or a certain brands tell you.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-08-2013, 4:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
But we got less intelligent by reading your posts Jet Ranger. Talk about someone who adds nothing to a thread. Always stirring the pot and trying to create a confrontation. Jet Ranger is fast to anger.
I'm pretty sure you are one of very few now that still feel this way about Jet. After he explained his logic behind his posting I totally understand him now. Every forum has a poster like this.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       12-08-2013, 8:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
But we got less intelligent by reading your posts Jet Ranger. Talk about someone who adds nothing to a thread. Always stirring the pot and trying to create a confrontation. Jet Ranger is fast to anger.
And Robert T is even faster to anger when someone so much as thinks negatively about Tige
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-08-2013, 9:18 AM Reply   
I agree with Chase. A while back I asked Jet "Do you even like mastercraft boats" and he explained his reasoning. After that quite a few of us see the satire in his posts and I for one don't mind them.

I can't say that for all the people who feel the need to defend their brand of boat like it's their country, and have to bring it up in every thread.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       12-08-2013, 12:58 PM Reply   
Where can I get a JetRanger t-shirt? And, Who is John Galt?
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       12-08-2013, 1:02 PM Reply   
My last post in this forum was removed! Now I'll never know where to get my boat purchasing advice from!
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       12-08-2013, 1:20 PM Reply   
https://www.google.com/search?q=boat...sm=93&ie=UTF-8
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       12-09-2013, 7:12 AM Reply   
can someone here tell me where I can get some of what jetragner is smoking?
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       12-09-2013, 9:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshop View Post
Not sure what the cherry koolaid is about. Must be a MC inside. Lol. My opions are based off what I've expirenced by either owning every manufacturer or spending time on customers boats through my school. I don't get payed by Nautique, I can get a good deal on a Nautique through the dealership I work for, but still can't afford one. I actually own a MC X-7, and my dad rocks an older malibu. The truth of the matter is I tell every customer to stay away from Forums because you have reps, saleman, and unbiased opions on them. Like I said before and I tell customers and friends now. Go ride them all and get what you like best and feels is the best. Not what people who have only owned 1 boat or a certain brands tell you.
For the benefit of those who missed out, in the interest of full intellectual honesty:

You tell your customers to avoid forums because they are full of reps, salesmen, and unbiased opinions. So they should trust you then? A salesman at a Nautique dealership?

You go down in the annals of WW with Robert and MHunter as the most blatant examples of brand bunnies in the modern era.

We who are about to get stupider salute you!
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       12-09-2013, 9:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknot View Post
can someone here tell me where I can get some of what jetragner is smoking?
I get high on my sense of self-satisfaction...
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       12-09-2013, 9:34 AM Reply   
I believe you do indeed. Unfortunately like many of above average intelligence, you will - purposefully redundant - unfortunately grow out of it.

Enjoy the high, well you can.

Kind of like when you are young and can eat whatever you want. It will not last.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       12-09-2013, 10:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottb7 View Post
I believe you do indeed. Unfortunately like many of above average intelligence, you will - purposefully redundant - unfortunately grow out of it.

Enjoy the high, well you can.

Kind of like when you are young and can eat whatever you want. It will not last.
Grow out of my narcissism?

What's in it for me?

(Congrats if you get this...)
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       12-09-2013, 10:09 AM Reply   
Brand Bunnies... I lol'd
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       12-09-2013, 10:20 AM Reply   
My poetic shout-out to "TheShop"

He's owned every boat
Every wake review, he's wrote
He's a honest and trustworthy guy
From forums stay away
They are biased and can sway
Full of salesmen and reps who will lie
Said he from showroom floor
Other opinions, please ignore
Nautiques are simply the best
But when fact and fiction combine
It's a sure sign
He's simply no different than the rest
Old     (echo)      Join Date: Apr 2013       12-09-2013, 10:21 AM Reply   
Any chance we could get some more sac'd out wake pictures?
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       12-09-2013, 10:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo View Post
Any chance we could get some more sac'd out wake pictures?
Please don't thread jack my thread...
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-09-2013, 10:28 AM Reply   
I'm becoming more and more disappointed in WW's policing the site...this clown can come on here and blatantly rep nautique and have his BS post stay while Jetrangers BS rant gets deleted. I don't see that guys advertisements on here anywhere??