Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-14-2011, 6:45 PM Reply   
Still going strong lol

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_919487.html
Old    deltahoosier            08-14-2011, 8:04 PM Reply   
Can you point to the part where they are saying something wrong? If Bush did not serve caviar, the press would be calling him a hick. Are we going to start this crap again?
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-15-2011, 7:30 AM Reply   
I love this comment under the article:

Quote:
yes,for it's Industry,h*e is just connecting with everybody didn't Bush do it with his kind,Obama love's everybody.
lol...did this person really just say
Quote:
Obama love's everybody
. If there is one thing I have learned from Obama's prescedency, he definitely is not a uniter or somebody who loves everybody.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-15-2011, 7:53 AM Reply   
He's just after the young voter. I don't see anything offensive about the article.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-15-2011, 1:31 PM Reply   
HIP HOP BBQ Bash! LOL LOL

Keep it up. YEA a star studded Bday bash at the white house. If I was the Prez I would be trying to keep a low profile. Cant wait to see the popin bottles celebrating when his Azzz is down the road.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-15-2011, 2:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Oh Fox
Oh please...
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-16-2011, 9:21 AM Reply   
Fair and balanced... that's for sure. Not a hint of an agenda in this story at all.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-16-2011, 11:47 AM Reply   
http://mediamatters.org/reports/200905050003

This is the network that sued to assert it's Constitutional right to lie...
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-16-2011, 4:47 PM Reply   
John & Wes, fair enough. But have you read Newsweek, LA or NY Times, or watched CNN, MSNBC, etc. lately? Walter Cronkite's opinions lately or Dan Rather in his day. Not exactly in the middle. Fact is, something like 80% + of journalists are Democrats or left. Certainly even a greater percentage of journalism students are left of center. Balanced? I doubt it. Mirroring the general public? Nope. This left a wide opening for FOX and it's viewership proves it.

Polarization of news is a shame and disgrace for journalism. But singling out FOX as if it's the only one not in the center... yeah, right.
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       08-16-2011, 9:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottog1979 View Post
Polarization of news is a shame and disgrace for journalism. But singling out FOX as if it's the only one not in the center... yeah, right.
Except that they specifically represent themselves as "Fair and Balanced". Those are their words. Statements like that and "We report. You decide." are what make their particular brand of partisan "reporting" so hard to stomach.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-17-2011, 7:59 AM Reply   
Fox set the standard for puppet mastering the public and raking in the bucks. The other networks are just wannabees. When money is involved there are no shortage of corporations who aspire to the lowest form of existance. It's their duty to their stockholders.