Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 14, 2007

Old     (nitro909)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-13-2007, 11:36 AM Reply   
Ive been looking to get some new bindings and Ive seen the Byerly's going for pretty cheap right now. Ive seen a bunch on ebay, 2006 and 2007 models, but I kinda recall that the 2006 models had a lot of problems with them. Am I correct? Im using the 2005 Murray right now, and before that I was using older Byerly lace ups. I got away from them because the the x-up nature of the overlays kept creating pressure points on my feet, but I notice the newer models have the "sock construction". Any info or first hand accounts would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old    atom_ant            09-13-2007, 12:29 PM Reply   
I went through two pairs of 06's and one pair of 07's in about 3 months and not a crazy amount of riding. The 07's actually ripped on my third set with them. The warranty is great, but I wouldn't get them. The 08's look totally different, so hopefully they fixed some things, but I went with the Ronix Cells and love them.
Old     (jbarber3orange)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-13-2007, 12:31 PM Reply   
I got a pair of 07's off of ebay for about 180 shipping included, at the beginning of this season. Good boot, tons of forward lean, which I have come to like. The sock construction is great. I can get in and out of them dry. Don't know how long the BOA system will last, seems kinda fragile, but so far haven't had any trouble out of them.
Old     (nitro909)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-13-2007, 1:44 PM Reply   
Ya I rode the 2005 Byerly, but it felt the same as my older lace up Byerlys. Ive found that the BOA holds together as well as the laces. The laces on my Murrays broke before I had any problems with the BOA system. I wanted to try the new sock construction, Ive heard good things about it.
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-14-2007, 7:27 AM Reply   
I work in a shop in SA, Texas and I wouldn't recommend getting the 06. Hyperlite recalled these bindings mid 06 and put out the 07 as an early release. The only noticeable difference is in the neoprene sock, the 06 have a textured rubbery neoprene along the back to help out with heel hold and the 07 don't. They also added stitching to help with the overlays that kept busting at the seems which is the problem that most people have with them. I have a friend that swears by them because of the way that they ride but has been through 3 pair and his new ones have torn aswell but he won't send them in for fear of getting the new closed toe boot. I also have a friend with skinny feet that came right out the front in a pair doing a tantrum and we had to cut them off of him. The boa works great and you can get replacement parts for it if you have any problems. Make sure that they fit you tight in the front though as there is no way to tighten them with the new construction that is used. All in all it is a great ridding binding that is just kindda fragile. My friend that has broken them rides hard but is anal about his gear so be careful. And beware the 06's. Hope this helps.
Old     (nitro909)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-15-2007, 7:38 AM Reply   
Definitely, thanks.