Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old                11-11-2004, 11:15 PM Reply   
Looking to get a camera to take pictures from the boat and download father inlaw has a olympus e10 asking 875 for it and was wondering if that would work ok. I have used it before just for action stuff i am not to good with the e10 comes with all the bells extra battery pack and stuff just wanted everyones two cents ?
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-12-2004, 2:17 PM Reply   
Try http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/ It will give you the low down on the camera.
Old     (oldschoolripper)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-16-2004, 5:34 AM Reply   
It truly depends on how much you want to spend, and how serious you are about wanting good pics.

If you can afford it and are serious about shooting action, you need to go with a DSLR such as a Canon 20D, 10D, Drebel or a Nikon D70 etc.

You'll also need a good zoom lens. Something in the 70-200 range with a f4 or faster aperture.

My 2 cents.

Shelby
Old     (oldschoolripper)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-16-2004, 5:37 AM Reply   
Sorry wasn't familiar with the Olly E-10.

it is a DSLR and I am a D-A55.

I would probably take some boarding pics with it first if you could before you make up your mind
Old                11-16-2004, 11:09 AM Reply   
I have a minolta maxxum 650si I use alot I was wondering if switching to a digital one would be cheaper? and if not whjat is a good lens to get for wakeboarding pics behind a boat? Lens i have no is 20 80 AF with macro
Old                11-20-2004, 9:31 PM Reply   
Just got a 75/300 af len for my camera will that be enough? for Pic behind the boat? ANyone?
Old     (oldschoolripper)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-22-2004, 7:13 AM Reply   
How weird, this will tell you all you need to know for the basics of wakeboard photography.

http://www.wakeboarder.com/display.phtml?id=553

Old                11-22-2004, 7:19 AM Reply   
thank you that really helped Shelby
Old     (oldschoolripper)      Join Date: Jul 2004       11-22-2004, 7:26 AM Reply   
Also, to answer your other post, YES, IMHO Digital will be cheaper than film over the long run, as you don't have film or processing costs.

The ability to view your pics as you take them and make adjustments accordingly is a Major plus for amateurs like you and me. Digital helped me take my photos to the new level much faster than shooting film did (again just my opinion from my personal experiences as a "wannabe" photographer). Heres some of my "wannabe" photos for example.

http://photos.wakeboarder.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=8753