Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (janier)      Join Date: May 2007       05-06-2007, 5:15 AM Reply   
I'm in a dilemma to whether to get a Cadence 131 or '05 Team 130.. Anyone tried both and could give some advice? Thanks! Cheers!

(Message edited by janier on May 06, 2007)
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-06-2007, 9:29 AM Reply   
what is the board that you ride right now?
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-06-2007, 9:38 AM Reply   
One is continuous and the other is 3 stage... You'll be able to figure this out pretty easy.
Old     (janier)      Join Date: May 2007       05-06-2007, 9:39 AM Reply   
Actually, I've been using house board all this while so this will be my first personal board and I have a choice between this two but I do not know which I should choose. haha
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-06-2007, 9:43 AM Reply   
The cadence will buck you uncontrolably if you don't have good technique. If you're a beginner or like to launch into the falts go with the team. If you're a more intermediate/advanced rider that is a wake 2 wake rider than go with the cadence.
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-06-2007, 9:43 AM Reply   
flats*
Old     (janier)      Join Date: May 2007       05-06-2007, 9:44 AM Reply   
am I right to say that because the Team is made of Aercore aerated Polyurethane core, it'll be lighter?
Which will be more of a performance board?
Old     (closedtoe)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-06-2007, 9:49 AM Reply   
Both are good performance boards. Keith Lyman actually rides the Team, and mike ennen, and collin harrington ride the substance, which is the mens version of the cadence. It depends on you're riding style.
What tricks can you do? Do you like getting more distance on you're jumps or more height?
Sorry, I don't know about the polurethane core.
Old     (janier)      Join Date: May 2007       05-06-2007, 9:49 AM Reply   
alrighty! got it! I guess I will go with the Cadence then since I love to hit the wake! }
Old     (janier)      Join Date: May 2007       05-06-2007, 9:54 AM Reply   
Yep! the higher the better! =D
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-06-2007, 10:42 AM Reply   
The Team pops VERY well and is a faster board in the Cadence. The Team has 4 cupped side fins that grip very well on edge where as the Cadence has four molded in fins that will track well going straight and hold decent on edge.

My style is best with a continuous rocker board like the Team but the Team is the only board I ever had the feeling of nose diving on every trick, ollies and wake jumps. It always popped amazing but I couldn't get past the nose diving.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-06-2007, 10:46 AM Reply   
I personally like the Cadence better. The team is lighter than the Cadence, but that doesnt mean the Cadence isnt light. Ive been able to progress a lot in my Cadence. The 131 is not the same shape as the substance but I thin it rides similar. It has great pop but its not very agressive. you'll love this board.

(Message edited by criswb on May 06, 2007)
Old     (janier)      Join Date: May 2007       05-06-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
hmmm in other words, you(Paul Bernier) think the Team is a better board other than the 'nose diving' part? hehe
Old     (janier)      Join Date: May 2007       05-06-2007, 11:20 AM Reply   
Been hearing pros and cons about the both boards too and I have to choose between this two..Personally, I like speed and I love to hit the wake too..sigh..
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-06-2007, 11:54 AM Reply   
It's weird, out of the two boards I would buy the Cadence but feel like most people could progress faster on the Team. Both are going to have good pop (Team will be easier to get the same pop every time) and both are going to track and edge pretty well.

You kind of have to decide if you want a faster board with a little softer landings (Team) or the opposite.

Also keep in mind that the Cadence is based off of Shawn Watson's Substance and should be ridden with a little more of a tail heavy weight ratio.
Old     (janier)      Join Date: May 2007       05-06-2007, 7:32 PM Reply   
Cris, you are riding a Cadence yourself? how tall and how heavy are you? don't mind me asking.. =)
Old     (janier)      Join Date: May 2007       05-06-2007, 7:42 PM Reply   
By the way, what are the main differences between board with moulded fins and removable fins.. =)
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-06-2007, 7:45 PM Reply   
I dont mind at all. Yes I ride the Cadence... have been riding it for almost 2 years (got it in 05) and I love it. There have been little times when I've felt like Ive popped a little out of control.

I am 155 cm tall and weigh 95 lbs.
I ride it finless and love that it is loose, but easy to control.
Old     (janier)      Join Date: May 2007       05-06-2007, 8:04 PM Reply   
cool..we are about the same built then.. Doesn't it feel a bit heavy?
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-07-2007, 9:04 AM Reply   
It doesnt feel heavy at all because it is not a heavy board... The Team/Angel is lighter though... Before riding the Cadence I was on a State 125 and that one was heavier than my Cadence.

What are you getting for bindings?
Old     (janier)      Join Date: May 2007       05-07-2007, 11:59 AM Reply   
Well, I've decided on getting the Cadence
Apparently for the bindings, I've got a good deal for the '05 Alpha but I'm considering getting the '06 Minx.
What would u suggest?
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-07-2007, 12:50 PM Reply   
both are very comfortable and similar. It depends on what you prefer and how much you want to spend. I like bindings that are stiff and go higher on the calf, so I usually go for men bindings and I have the transits which I love. The Minx are really comfy, but they dont go as high and are much more flexible, The new Melissa bindings I would say are the in between... they go higher than the Minx yet not as high as the Transits and are a little stiffer than the Minx.

If you've got a good deal on the Alpha, go for those, although bindings have improved since 05. I used to have the 05 Transits, and this year's have much better heel hold and are more comfy. They are also much lighter. The melissa bindings also have the pro plate system which makes them really light.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-07-2007, 4:41 PM Reply   
Chose the Alpha's.... more universal bindings that alot of people can wear but they are stiffer then the Minx.
Old     (janier)      Join Date: May 2007       05-08-2007, 11:05 AM Reply   
alright.. cool.. Thanks alot peeps for the advice! I guess I shall go with the Cadence and the alpha bindings then!!