Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (aldrichiii)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-16-2007, 9:05 AM Reply   
My buddy and I took some video of us riding last week on the Wolf River in Wisconsin, and I finally got to putting together a video. The video shows my first invert, a backroll! Only took three tries. Thanks for having us out on your X-Star, Scott!

Either click on the link, or right click and save as...

https://mywebspace.wisc.edu/aldrichiii/web/Wolf%20River%20MercRiderz.mp4
Old     (jwharan)      Join Date: Nov 2006       08-16-2007, 9:17 AM Reply   
How far back are you riding and what speed?
Old     (aldrichiii)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-16-2007, 9:22 AM Reply   
I think we were riding 65ft back at 22mph.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-16-2007, 9:26 AM Reply   
That river looks great...miles and miles of butter conditions. Congrats on sticking the backroll so quickly, the big boys on this site can do them in their sleep, but to those of us who can't, it still is fun to watch people nailing them and to dream that one day it will be possible for us too :-)
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-16-2007, 9:32 AM Reply   
Love to see the vid, but you're link isn't working.
Old     (vin)      Join Date: May 2007       08-16-2007, 9:45 AM Reply   
yep its not working for me
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-16-2007, 9:50 AM Reply   
It used Quicktime when I looked at it. It took a fair while to load...open the link in a new tab and come back in 10 minutes to see if it loaded.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-16-2007, 10:12 AM Reply   
Works now. Didn't when I tried it before. Nice.
Old     (aldrichiii)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-16-2007, 10:39 AM Reply   
My school webspace has a 400mb/hour limit, so that's the error you guys are getting. It's not in the right format to upload it to WakePics.com so I'll have to render the movie as a different format tonight after work.

To keep you entertained until I get off work, here is the video of just my backroll and some other attempts:

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php/First-Backroll_wakeboarding-photos.html?medid=21475
Old     (wake_to_wake)      Join Date: May 2007       08-16-2007, 7:19 PM Reply   
james have you ever been to gordy's camp up there

(Message edited by wake_to_wake on August 16, 2007)
Old     (wakeboardlf25)      Join Date: May 2007       08-16-2007, 7:48 PM Reply   
ha the backroll you landed at first looked like u were gonna eat it hard...congrats on first invert tho..its a huge milestone
Old     (aldrichiii)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-17-2007, 6:23 AM Reply   
Jack- I have not been to Gordy's camp up there, but I'd like to go for a day one time. Just not sure when I'll have the time. I'll probably have to do it next season. I've had a few friends who have done it and said it was very helpful and fun.
Old     (bbking)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-17-2007, 4:39 PM Reply   
oh my gosh... people with wakeboard boats don't know how lucky they have it

congrats
Old     (wakeboarddrumma)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-17-2007, 5:36 PM Reply   
What board do you ride? That thing shoots up water like a mofo...

Good riding, i hope to reach that skill level by next summer...
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-18-2007, 8:12 PM Reply   
James: slow down on throwing that roll. You throw it really fast off the wake, which is causing you to overrotate. Just chill on it a bit, take a little more progressive cut, and really wait to roll.
Old     (aldrichiii)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-20-2007, 7:52 AM Reply   
Chad: I ride a CWB Absolute, and love it. Looking at the vid again, it does shoot up a lot of water when I cut!

Brett: It's not my boat...my boat is a I/O SeaRay, so trust me, I know how lucky I have it when I ride behind the X-Star!

Garret: Do you mean for me to slow down my rotation or wait longer to start my rotation? or Both? I'm hoping to get out again this week, so I'll give those a try. Thanks for the tips.