Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-10-2004, 7:22 AM Reply   
Mav - I sent you the $$ for that board in the end of april. You said you were gonna ship it out last week, but havent heard anything. I sent you 2 or 3 emails last week asking if it has gone out yet. Any info on it?
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-11-2004, 6:54 AM Reply   
bump......anyone know how to get in touch with him???
Old    r_dub            05-11-2004, 7:28 AM Reply   
Matt, check your email.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-11-2004, 8:09 AM Reply   
ryan - you too
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-11-2004, 8:18 AM Reply   
I spoke to Mav last night, his computer has taken a dive and he will get a hold of you as soon as he can.
Old     (that_nate_kid)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-11-2004, 8:23 AM Reply   
I am in the same boat. Paid for in late april havent gotten squat. Ive called and left messages and he hasnt gotten back to me, therefore i dont buy the computer crash stuff.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-11-2004, 8:59 AM Reply   
yea, thats a pretty long computer crash. also, he had already told me he was about to ship it out. what would the computer crash have to do with being able to ship it out?
Old    emoney            05-11-2004, 9:21 AM Reply   
All I have to say is that if you run a good legitimate business you should have at least 2 computers(in case of emergencies). To have a successful business you need to keep in contact with your clients and customers, even if that means borrowing or using someone elses computer. Sorry to hear about the bad luck Nathan and Matt..
Old    r_dub            05-11-2004, 9:37 AM Reply   
Im in the same boat with you guys, except I didnt get mine through Maverick. I got it through someone else on hear. Although, my order just went in on May 3rd. So mine isnt really late yet, but Im getting a little nervous because I saw this post. Im not sure about your guys situation, but mine is coming straight from the factory. So Im thinking that Gator may have them on back order right now. But if you guys paid with Pay Pal, remember you only have 30 day's after payment was made to file a claim stating that you didnt recieve the goods you paid for. So if my theory is correct, and they come back and say, its going to be 2 to 3 more weeks. It might be in mine/yours best interest to file that claim either way. I personally do not think we are getting ripped off. I have seen tons of post from Maverick, and I have talked quite a bit with the guy that Im dealing with. I think it is just a lack of communication here. I have left messages with my guy, and I will keep you guys posted if I here anything.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-11-2004, 10:18 AM Reply   
shady....shady.....shady

my main concern is that i was told mine is NOT coming from the factory. he told me he already had the few that he was selling and that he would be shipping it out
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-11-2004, 11:08 AM Reply   
Ur guy, Ryan check your mail.

I said i would get you the board. and If I have to i would give you mine! AS far as mavrick, i have talked to him a few times and for a seller right now is really really busy. Hang in there guys I am sure you will get your boards. GOod luck dudes
Zach
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-11-2004, 12:20 PM Reply   
zach "Ur guy"??

I understand he might be busy, but at least give a response to some of us. It just seemed odd that none of us had a response. I'm still hanging in there!
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-11-2004, 12:54 PM Reply   
I understand what your saying. It sucks, I have been ripped off before. I hated it, cause thre is nothing you can really do about it sometimes. Ryan is right, if you pay with paypal you can get your money back with as long as you place your claim within 30 days!
Old     (john_d)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-11-2004, 1:35 PM Reply   
Not great buisness practice Hopefully Gator gets some better Reps!
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-11-2004, 1:44 PM Reply   
John where did you get your board?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-11-2004, 1:50 PM Reply   
I think the problem is Gator, not the reps. I don't think Gator has many boards to ship. My local retailer has had a terrible time trying to get boards in stock.
Old     (john_d)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-11-2004, 1:54 PM Reply   
Bellingham Boardsports!
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-11-2004, 2:18 PM Reply   
J-Rod - i understand if these boards are on back order. however, there was a post (of course i did a search and cant find it now) and also i have emails saying that these boards were already in the guys hands. in fact, he said he was selling me his own personal board that had 2 tiny scratches on it!

and the other thing, if it is gators fault or whoever's, i have still not gotten a response to all of my email sent.
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-11-2004, 3:12 PM Reply   
I sent money to Mav at the beginning of April for a used GB Ricky G. It finally came last week - was in quite a bit worse condition than I had been led to believe. Not only that, but today I got a bill from UPS for $90. Definitely not too happy with this service. Needless to say I'm done dealing directly with GB
Old     (that_nate_kid)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-11-2004, 9:08 PM Reply   
maestro, what was the 90 bucks for? That is bull, are you going to pay it?
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-12-2004, 7:13 AM Reply   
yea, what do you mean you got a bill for $90???
Old     (zleartsu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-12-2004, 7:25 AM Reply   
Who is to say that this Mavrick guy deals directly with gator? If he said he has boards in hand then you are no longer dealing with Gator. Your dealing with that shop, that person, not with Gator. I really don't think that Gator should be getting bad mouth.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-12-2004, 10:30 AM Reply   
its sounds like to me Maverick or a rep from GB needs to get to a computer and tell their side of the story before we all make snap judgements..sounds like a raw deal..people shouldnt sell things they cant deliver in a timely manner IMO.also hidden charges like 90bucks for shipping is rediculous ..no more then 30 and that will cover INS..

someone who knows maverick tell him to find a computer and defend himself before this gets ugly..:-)
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-12-2004, 10:46 AM Reply   
I talked to Gator Boards' global sales manager, Brian Allred, about this issue. Apparently, this Maverick guy is a former GB rep, but no longer has any ties to GB. However, Brian's very concerned about GB getting a black eye because of this guy's actions, so he's been in communication with him and has assured me that this guy will not be selling any more GB boards.

In addition, he's working with Maverick to get all the boards out to those who have been promised boards. In fact, he's gone so far as to offer his help to those that are still trying to get their boards from Maverick to make sure nobody gets screwed. If you are having problems getting cooperation from Maverick, you can contact Brian Allred at 239-261-1643 and he's promised to work on it from his end.

I think it goes without saying that Maverick will no longer be permitted to sell items in our Classifieds.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-12-2004, 11:17 AM Reply   
David - I really appreciate the help. I will give Brian a call.

Just for the record, I never badmouthed Gator Boards. This entire time I was only questioning Maverick!!! Hopefully this situation can be fixed without anyone getting screwed.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-12-2004, 11:31 AM Reply   
I just talked to Brian at Gator Boards. He was very helpful.

To make a long story short.....DO NOT BUY A GATOR BOARD FROM MAVERICK (real name MARIO). Like Dave said, Maverick USED to be a gator rep. Brian was very helpful with the situation and I hope that this post does not give Gator Boards any kind of bad rep. They were very helpful in a situation that they didnt have anything to do with. Since Maverick is no longer with the company, I could have gotten taken advantage of. However, Gator Boards (Brian) is stepping up to the plate and helping me with the situation. THANKS GATOR BOARDS!

FYI - I am going to copy and paste this into a new thread to let others know not to buy any Gator Prodcuts from Maverick.

Matt

(Message edited by mossy44 on May 12, 2004)
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-12-2004, 2:59 PM Reply   
The 90 was in taxes, duty, processing fee, etc. For some reason Maverick decided to list the board value at $280, which works out to about 400 CDN. I bought the board for about half that. We had agreed on USPS shipping as well, and he sent it UPS. Not sure if GB will do anything since he was selling one of his used boards, but it would be nice if they did. I definitely would prefer not to have to pay the extra $90...
Old     (gbphantom)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-12-2004, 7:15 PM Reply   
That does suck that everyone is getting screwed by Maverick. Someone already stated it, but hopefully nobody gives Gator a bad rap because they are doing wakeboarding a lot of good. Sounds like Brian deserves a pat on the back too. The midwest GB rep, who had nothing but positive comments, told me to contact him about putting a tower on my boat and he was really helpful in that area as well. Thats good that the weasel is getting booted from selling/forum. Hope everyone gets their boards safely.
Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-13-2004, 2:58 AM Reply   
I'm getting mine from theboardshack. Does anybody know of this company. It's in Arizona..I think Phoenix. They are selling black Ricky G. GB boards on ebay. Does anyone know if they are legit?? They have a website theboardshack.com Let me know if anyone knows anything, I'd hate to end up in the same situation some of you are in...that sucks!!!
Old     (that_nate_kid)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-13-2004, 3:57 PM Reply   
Hey jim,
If you are worried about it just get it through ebay. That way you are protected, plus use paypal if you can. If you can get a better deal going around ebay, i would do it. Good luck
Old     (goodtimes)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-13-2004, 8:27 PM Reply   
Maestro:
Unfortunately since you accepted the board and then got charged the $90.00, UPS does not care and you will most likely have to pay it. The only way you could have got around it is if you knew that the brokerage was going to be that high, you can tell the shipper to fax UPS a new bill with a lower value. If they did charge you duty, get the shipper to fax you a certificate of origin stating the board is made in the USA. At least you'll get that back. I could even fax you one if you like. I just got one from GB for my shipment of product.
As a dealer, UPS always phones me before packages are to arrive at the border to see if they should do the brokerage. At that time I can figure out what the costs are and if there are any mistakes.
I hate having stuff shipped by UPS. They are sooooo expensive. The best way is if the shipper can send stuff by mail. There is only a $5.00 brokerage fee and the shipper does get a tracking number if it is shipped as a parcel.
Most people in the US don't know how much these courier companies screw us when having stuff coming across the border. UPS doesn't need to charge that much just for a little paperwork.

Hope you enjoy your board.
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-14-2004, 3:49 PM Reply   
Exactly... I wanted USPS, but that didn't work out... Also - I was in Florida when the board came, so someone else signed for it. If it had come when I had expected it to come (sometime at the beginning of April, not May) maybe I would have been able to avoid some of the charges... But thanks for the advice...
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-14-2004, 9:50 PM Reply   
Has anyone been ripped off or did he just lag on getting the gear to you? you guys are all worse than a bunch of old maids. mav might be a lagger but he has never let me down. Also, living in washington it wasn't until he started his n.w repping for gator boards, that i had actually seen one in person. now they are everywhere. i don't know if this is his doing or not but it is true. It is because of him that i have had the chance to try some gator boards and the next board i get will probably be a gator. If this isn't being a good rep then i don't know what is.Oh well i guess those days are over now, i haven't had the new rep offer to let me demo a gator yet. MAESTRO- THE REASON HE SAID THE VALUE WAS MORE IS FOR INSURANCE REASONS. U.P.S. STOLE MY BYERLY WITH BINDINGS WHEN I HAD IT SHIPPED TO ARIZONA. I GOT THE BOARD FOR $250 WITH BINDINGS BECAUSE A FRIEND NEEDED MONEY. I INSURED IT FOR $250 AND WASN'T ABLE TO GET ANOTHER BOARD FOR LESS THAN $400. it took two monthes to get any cash from u.p.s. at all. DAVE- WAS IT REALLY NECESSARY TO CALL HIM OUT LIKE YOU DID? Very Tacky. LIKE YOU CAN KEEP PEOPLE FROM LOGGING IN FROM A DIFFERENT I.P., changing their user name and really ripping people off. If that was his intention (to rip people off) then he would have done it that way. Mav knows his wakeboarding and has always been about spreading the stoke. All you seniors with too much time on your hands need to chill out. Oh yeah, by the way, i was wondering what you all paid for your crap? I bet you all got good deals but couldn't bother to post something posative. I am off to wakeboarder where this crap doesn't go on.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-14-2004, 10:09 PM Reply   
Easy there mike...maybe they did in fact get ripped off. Why would Brian step up, if Mav didn't rip 'em off?

You're off to Wakeboarder? This shizz happens there, too. You prolly just chose not to go to the threads 'cause they weren't about Hyperlite or whatever it is you ride now.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-14-2004, 10:14 PM Reply   
if you call getting boards for less than retail, ripped off, then yes they did. I just talked to mav, all the boards were sent out, to avoid going to u.p.s. a bunch of times, he had to wait for a couple people who lagged on getting him cash. Joe- you used to stir up poo now you just have it stuck to your nose dawg. j\k kinda.haha
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-14-2004, 10:16 PM Reply   
Uh, the only nose up anyone's ass is yours...up Mav's!

See, you got it all wrong. There's a difference between stirring stuff up, and disagreeing w/ people. I just disagreed w/ people a lot. You just assumed I was stirring the pot.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-14-2004, 10:17 PM Reply   
Again, why would Brian have to cover Mav's ass if he did in fact deliver? You never answered that.
Old    devastate            05-14-2004, 10:37 PM Reply   
Mike i thought you were "off to wakeboarder" so why do you keep comming back?

(Message edited by devastate on May 14, 2004)
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-14-2004, 11:16 PM Reply   
funny, i never saw brians post. so what i assume is that dave got in touch with brian and brian just wanted to smooth things over. if i had a client who was unhappy with an employees actions, whether the employee did something wrong or not, i would keep the client happy no matter what it took. get it. John o- 45 posts total and i bet they are equally as important. your posts are as useful as a football bat.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-14-2004, 11:27 PM Reply   
Funny...no one said Brian posted.

"Whether the employee did something or not?"

If that's how you conduct business, you'll never make money. I would fix the problem if the problem was with the employee. That seemed to be the case here.

Clearly, it's a pattern for Mav, at the very least, to delay people's orders. That, my friend, is NOT good customer service. "Back order," is what you're probably saying. Well...

1. Why didn't he tell his customers that?
2. Shops have Gator boards...why doesn't he? (he can pick 1 up at a shop to satisfy the customer, can't he?)

Fact is, you're simply backing up your hook-up, though if you read all the posts above, you'd conclude that he's in the wrong.

My friend ordered a board and bindings from me on Monday. Guess what UPS delivered this morning.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-14-2004, 11:28 PM Reply   
Why are you rippin' on John O? He asked you a logical question.
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-14-2004, 11:35 PM Reply   
mav was my hook up just like he was a hook up for all the other people bitching right now. Mav is not a friggin wakeboard shop, he ends up with gear occasionally and will pass it on to others for a good price. Buyer beware. nuff said. we are both total losers for posting here on a friday night. haha
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-14-2004, 11:42 PM Reply   
Well, cool he's your hook up. But the "people bitching" above have EVERY RIGHT to do so. Their money was accepted based on a promise that they will get a product in a timely manner.

Mav should've communicated w/ his customers if there was going to be a delay...plain and simple. For him to use the excuse that his computer crashed, well, that's lame. Friends & work...they all have comps. If not, Kinko's rents out workstations for cents every X minutes. Also, in the business of sales (or ANY business), it's important to RETURN PHONE CALLS...no matter what!

As for tonight, I'm resting up 'cause I'm riding early tomorrow. Car & apartment shopping afterwards.
Old     (maestro)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-16-2004, 8:35 PM Reply   
Mike - insurance reasons huh? Thanks, but I'd rather be charged taxes and duty for what I pay for a board than be charged twice as much. And if the board is lost, I'd be fine getting back what I paid for it - I might not be able to get a brand new board for that much, but I'm getting my money back. I don't need to make money off it, just cover my costs.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-17-2004, 7:19 AM Reply   
By mike hillard (otiswunguy) on Friday, May 14, 2004 - 11:24 pm:

don't believe everthing you hear jim. gator boards are nice. what matt isn't telling you is that he has received the board and got it for less than retail. What a great way to thank someone for hooking you up. so he lagged a little. Hey matt- you wanna by a bunch of worthless hyperlite gear? just send me money first. BRILLIANT!!! Sharp as a marble you are.

By matt moss (mossy44) on Monday, May 17, 2004 - 7:14 am:

mike - ok, fine. you want an answer? i was told that he already had these boards. the one i was buying was USED with 2 minor scratches on it. so i didnt pay full price? exactly! why would i pay $$ that a new board costs when its not new?

also, he didnt even have the boards. after i talked to brian at gator boards, he said there is no way that maverick could even have the board i bought from him.

"so he lagged a little"???? he did not even reply to 4 different emails i sent him. is that a good way to be a businessman? i didnt think so. i gave him plenty of time and never heard a word from him. not sure why you are sticking up for him, but he didnt come through on any part of this deal until brian stepped into the middle of the situation.

"hey matt- you wanna by a bunch of worthless hyperlite gear"???? what are you talking about? are you saying gator boards are worthless? you ever made a transaction where you DIDNT have to send money first??

Old    gb_boards            05-17-2004, 6:46 PM Reply   
I just wanted to let everyone know that the problems have been taken care of. The boards have been shipped and everyone will get them this week. Once again the matter has been addressed and taken care of. We at Gator Boards thank everyone for there support and are committed to excellence. If anyone has any questions or needs futher assistance feel free to email me anytime at briana@gatorboards.net

Best Regards,
Brian Allred
GB Sales Manager
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-17-2004, 8:10 PM Reply   
Good work Brian! I liked the work you did for BadAss, and looks like you're hangin' on to that same work ethic. Keep it up!
Old    gb_boards            05-18-2004, 5:59 AM Reply   
Thanks Joe! You still remember those days.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-18-2004, 11:00 AM Reply   
Hell yeah! Those were the good 'ol days!
Old     (that_nate_kid)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-18-2004, 8:11 PM Reply   
Just to let everyone know, I received my board as Brian said i would. I guess mav is a little slow at delivering but he did deliver. And for the price, you have to expect something to not go as smooth. But everything worked out even though i called and emailed mav every other day with no response. Thanks for your help Brian